Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Reward if you can prove ghosts exist.

Aggie

There Is A Reward Of $1,000,000 For Anyone Who Can Prove The Existence Of Ghosts.

Ten years ago a strange claim has been made by James Randi, he offered a prize of “one million dollars” to anyone who can show any of paranormal supernatural, or occult power activity under proper observing conditions.

http://beyondblindfold.com/there-is-a-reward-of-1000000-for-anyone-who-can-prove-the-existence-of-ghosts/

I have never been ghost hunting...ever...but after reading this article I am looking online for all the gear I need to find a ghost!

lol

• Like 1

Randi is offering the money for anyone that can prove anything paranormal. This is old news... In my opinion there is also a very good reason why nobody has cashed in on the million after all these years.

Its all a bunch of nonsense. It doesnt exist.

• Like 6

How do i contact randi? And would he really come to me ? Would he reaaly waste his money and time to fly across the globe because people are claiming they can proof ? No he would never! Unless there is a tv show orsumthing else that he can gain money from ! And only if he knows he can make fun out of it ! Proof is everywhere ! You only need to open your mind accept the truth .

Edited by WhyDontYouBeliEveMe
  • Like 2

How do i contact randi? And would he really come to me ? Would he reaaly waste his money and time to fly across the globe because people are claiming they can proof ? No he would never! Unless there is a tv show orsumthing else that he can gain money from ! And only if he knows he can make fun out of it ! Proof is everywhere ! You only need to open your mind accept the truth .

I have no idea who he is or how to contact him, sorry.....I just saw the article and thought some may be interested.

Randi is offering the money for anyone that can prove anything paranormal. This is old news... In my opinion there is also a very good reason why nobody has cashed in on the million after all these years.

Its all a bunch of nonsense. It doesnt exist.

These kind of contest a typical of the skeptic communities. In my opinion, whatever proofs you've got they'll find a way to dismiss it for various reasons. That's why no one take this very seriously.

The problem with this is that these 'scientist' or skeptics have already made up mind their about it and deem the paranormal as fraud and nonsense. Therefore one who try to prove them wrong and emptying their bank account of Randi's skeptic community will have a hard time to to do so. Their is no objectivity whatsoever.

Here is a book by Robert McLuhan I should want to read about it: http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/1848764944

Anyway, to me a phenomenon which prove itself elusive to our understanding and technological tools doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. Many people's experience are very real to them. Physics, brain science and the quest to understand cousciousness are still very much a work in progress and our understanding is limited. The fact is, the paranormal communities (on which you seem fond to participate even though you do not believe any of this) around the world are as much alive as they can possibly be. It is not baseless. :)

Edited by sam_comm

You just hit the nail on the head..... Lots of people believe in the paranormal, but in no way does that meen its real. Or vice versa.

But the thing is, for the rest of us, its going to take more that opinions and tall tales to buy any of these phenomenon, ESP, EVP, NDE, UFOs, Ghosts, etc, etc.... Its going to take hard data that can be examined by real scientist, peer review and all that.

Until then, the paranormal is and will always be science fiction.

• Like 1

That's a valid point of view which I respect but I do not share it.

May I point out that because we do not understand a phenomenon and can only capture fragment of it, it doesn't mean that it's not real. You may not give credit to the accounts of credible person, that's your choice, but they are of great worth because they experienced it and are able in many cases to accuretly describe it.

Except that Science-fiction is experienced through books and movies not in people's life. It doesn't take life of it's own.

Edited by sam_comm

But that's anecdotal evidence at best, and aren't exactly helpful in a scientific sense

I think that psychology is a very important step in order to understand these phenomenon that are experienced. Psychology is a method to analyse the Human mind and it can be done in a scientific way. Human experiences, as we live them are crucial to have a better understanding of our behavior and that's quite relevant to the study of the Paranormal.

Of course, Physics, brain science and neuroscience for exemple are fields which might bring answers in the futur to various phenomenon experienced. But we need to have a better grasp on many subject which these science have not been able to answer so far. Why the Universe/Multiverses exist? Is there life after death? What is true nature of couscioussness? ect. All of these and much more are still very open debate.

Edited by sam_comm

[...] You only need to open your mind accept the truth .

Usually brain falls out (when too open, and lack of critical thinking), leaving vacuum between the ears.

http://www.randi.org...t-the-jref.html

James Randi has flown people to his organization for free. Also he does record it but HE DOES not have a TV station.

Yes, He making fun of people with claims while risking 1mill... If proof is every where then SHOW US THIS SO CALLED PROOF!

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 2

And be outed as a conartist? Better to prey on the gullible.

• Like 3

If you can afford to travel, go to Oman for 1 night even and head to a mountain called 'the green mountain'. Go there at night and you'll see through your own eyes.. In most religions it is believed that the earth is not made for us only, humans are not the only creature. Animals, humans, and ghosts (jinn).

But again its not easy to believe unless you see by your self.

• Like 1

I think you have to go to him. But the offer has been in place for a long time and so far no winners
  • Like 1

You just hit the nail on the head..... Lots of people believe in the paranormal, but in no way does that meen its real. Or vice versa.

But the thing is, for the rest of us, its going to take more that opinions and tall tales to buy any of these phenomenon, ESP, EVP, NDE, UFOs, Ghosts, etc, etc.... Its going to take hard data that can be examined by real scientist, peer review and all that.

Define real scientist .

Given they doctor most of their own data ,that's just so amusing .

Most things considered scientific by today's standards ,were in the realm of science fiction even twenty years ago .

Everything the original star trek series used ,save the teleporter,which is being worked on now ,as we speak ,was all science fiction at the time the series aired ,and is FACT,now.Or haven't you seen a cell phone or Google glass ?

Just because the paranormal cannot be measured according to alleged scientist standards now,in no way means it doesn't exist .

• Like 1

Define real scientist .

Given they doctor most of their own data ,that's just so amusing .

Most things considered scientific by today's standards ,were in the realm of science fiction even twenty years ago .

Everything the original star trek series used ,save the teleporter,which is being worked on now ,as we speak ,was all science fiction at the time the series aired ,and is FACT,now.Or haven't you seen a cell phone or Google glass ?

Just because the paranormal cannot be measured according to alleged scientist standards now,in no way means it doesn't exist .

There's a LOT of things we can not do like in star trek..

• Like 1

Don't forget the replicater, I mean 3-d printer.That thing just blows me away

• Like 1

Yeah, I've yet to bone even 1 green woman.

well...ok thats not technically true, but those were extenuating circumstances

• Like 3

Yes, but how many of them can we do, that seemed fantastical in the day?

Over half a dozen. There's even a meme about it.

Here's ten or so

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/10-star-trek-technologies.htm

http://mashable.com/2011/09/08/star-trek-gadgets/

They took 40 years to no longer be occult

Edited by Simbi Laveau

Yeah, I've yet to bone even 1 green woman.

well...ok thats not technically true, but those were extenuating circumstances

But you're not James T. Kirk . The green women would never be interested

• Like 1