Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Problem with Evolution theory

Big Bad Voodoo

Quantum leaps. Evolution skips. Lets go on solid ground. Lets fly. Let we have intelligence.

What part?

you know what part, you were talking about plants and humans, stick to it please

• Like 1

Melo: Do you know of any other evolution skips?

In fact I do so. Major and biggest leap.

Bacteria and archaea evolve 3,5 billions years ago Eukaryotic cell evolve once 1,5/billions y.a.

2 billions years nothing happened then Bacteria evolve into Mitochondria.

you know what part, you were talking about plants and humans, stick to it please

So answer then, when we start to wear clothes?

Bacteria and archaea evolve 3,5 billions years ago Eukaryotic cell evolve once 1,5/billions y.a.

Interesting....why do you think nothing happened in 2 billion years and then 'suddenly' we have a major change?

What could have caused that big step?

Mitochondria are an internal part of all cells which contains RNA, they are not an independant species. I would politely suggest a quick brush up on cellular anatomy and perhaps a quick read up on anthropology.

Ice age, i said this

Interesting....why do you think nothing happened in 2 billion years and then 'suddenly' we have a major change?

I dont think that. I just trust to scientists who study subject.

What cause jumps I dont know. No one knows. We dont understand exactly how evoultion works. We only have outlines of theory.

Changes with the Earth itself. Cooling oceans and changes in the composition of the atmosphere allowed a more stable environment for life to differentiate.

Mitochondria are an internal part of all cells which contains RNA, they are not an independant species. I would politely suggest a quick brush up on cellular anatomy and perhaps a quick read up on anthropology.

Deco Noir....I would politely suggest to you to repeat from your crib notes when one cell become two cell organism.

Mitochondria get specalize to make energy. Bacteria if become larger become less and less energetic.

Eukaryotic cell can have many bacteria generating energy and become large as they want and which become Mitochondria.

Eukaryotic have energy to waste.200 000 times more energy per gene then bacteria.They can support 10 000 genoms which bacteria couldnt do.

Aggie then when Plant cells and algea cells become photosinthetic,start using light energy to fix carbon to produce oxygen.

Then Cambrian explosion.

It goes like this....steady steady steady Boom steady steady small change steady steady Boom steady...

Edited by Melo
  • Like 1

Thank you Deco and Melo....this is what I just found:

..Two billion years ago, around the time atmospheric oxygen levels were rising, one cell engulfed another, and instead of becoming lunch, the ingestee became an Earth-changer and, eventually, a vital part of you: mitochondria.

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/artful-amoeba/2012/04/16/mitiochondria-are-related-to-ocean-bacteria-but-not-to-the-ones-we-thought/

Maybe it was the rise of O2 that pushed that big step.

Aggie then when Plant cells and algea cells become photosinthetic,start using light energy to fix carbon to produce oxygen.

Then Cambrian explosion.

It goes like this....steady steady steady Boom steady steady small change steady steady Boom steady...

I wonder when we'll see the next 'Boom' in evolution.

But I still think our fused chromosomes are a mystery.

Thank you Deco and Melo....this is what I just found:

..Two billion years ago, around the time atmospheric oxygen levels were rising, one cell engulfed another, and instead of becoming lunch, the ingestee became an Earth-changer and, eventually, a vital part of you: mitochondria.

http://blogs.scienti...nes-we-thought/

Maybe it was the rise of O2 that pushed that big step.

Perhaps. Im not expert on it. But as amateur I have to ask you what cause others leaps?

• Like 1

Perhaps. Im not expert on it. But as amateur I have to ask you what cause others leaps?

Same here, no expert, just very curious.

I don't know....there are still many unanswered questions.

• Like 1

You know that we are still in Ice age?

you wanted to know when did humans start wearing clothes, I said the ice age, you said which ice age, I said does it matter? then you said about the Earth being xxx old.

What cause that we become white skin?

because up North its colder, the sun does not generate heat enough to keep humans warm and other mammals too.

you wanted to know when did humans start wearing clothes, I said the ice age, you said which ice age, I said does it matter? then you said about the Earth being xxx old.

because up North its colder, the sun does not generate heat enough to keep humans warm and other mammals too.

How come we have native Indians black?

What cause that we become white skin?

"The consensus among scientists has always been that lower levels of vitamin D at higher latitudes — where the sun is less intense — caused the lightening effect when modern humans, who began darker-skinned, first migrated north."

http://www.livescience.com/7863-people-white.html

So what New Richard Nixon is saying: less sun.

Native Indians black because they live in sunny regions, probably.

How come we have native Indians black?

because where they live the climate his hotter, skin burns, not all Natives are black

because where they live the climate his hotter, skin burns, not all Natives are black

No in India we have very and I mean very black people like those in central Africa.

Hi!

As I understand humans originate from Africa and from there they spread all over the earth. Therefore Africans are our ancestors and interestingly they dont have Neanderthal DNA in their bodies. So "Adam" and "Eve" have had blackskin.

Now I have problem with that. Because evolution theory says that humans adopt to environment. That doesnt makse sense because we can see that Africans didnt adopt at all. If they were their skin would be lighter. And for example north europeans would have black skin.

Look plants. Evolution theory say that plants like pine trees in north europe are darker to collect more sun.

Now why would human in Africa developed to gather more sun light?

I may regret participating in this topic.

You seem to have the concept that coloration of plants and human skin serve the same biological function when they do not.

Plants derive their energy solely by photosynthesis. Plants are green due to the pigment chlorophyll, which absorbs sunlight to make energy for the plant. A darker shade of green may help this process at greater latitudes, I do not know for certain.

Human skin coloring (from melanin) has nothing to do with our ability to produce energy as we consume other organic materials to do that, or to gather sunlight as we are not photosynthetic. Our skin coloring serves as protection against the sun's UV light, which if at high enough levels, will cause DNA damage to skin cells potentially leading to skin cancer or other negative consequences. The amount of sunlight varies depending on your locale.

If the amount of sunlight (UV-B I believe) is adequate, we can also synthesize Vitamin D. Although we can get Vitamin D from various food sources, synthesis from sunlight exposure is the primary source for many people. In the latitudes closer to the equator, sunlight is quite abundant, and protection against the effects of UV is more important, thus more melanin, leading to darker skins. In latitudes further from the equator as the amount of sunlight over the course of the year is lower and varies, quite considerably at some latitudes, the harmful effects of UV are lessen, thus less melanin, leading to lighter skins.

This is why if you spend a lot of time outdoors in the sun, your skin darkens in a process we call tanning.

• Like 2

No in India we have very and I mean very black people like those in central Africa.

I know because the climate is hotter, Im saying not all natives are black

Insanity,

So North Europeans, Slavics, Chinese were among first people who escaped from Africa?

Lighter you are you are more adventures.

Edited by Melo

also, you'd have darker natives due to interbreeding of races,

im black irish and native so i tan pretty dark to the point that some people confuse me for a light skinned black person or a latino.

jsut genetics, man

Insanity,

So North Europeans, Slavs, Chinese were among first people who escaped from Africa?

why do you say escaped?