Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Doppleganger

nicole733

I have seen the same doppleganger of my boyfriend multiple times between two months. My boyfriend lives in another state so it was shocking to see this guy. He literally looked just like my bf: same height, hair style(slicked back), body type, and same beard. If it werent for the tatoos this guy had i would of probably hugged him.. I serioulsy get so uncomfortable every time i see this guy and i have no clue who he is.

Are there any meanings related to seeing a doppleganger?

Is it possible that you're missing your boyfriend and so when you see someone with similar features youre more likely to notice him, and therefore you notice when hes around more?

• Like 1

I have seen the same doppleganger of my boyfriend multiple times between two months. My boyfriend lives in another state so it was shocking to see this guy. He literally looked just like my bf: same height, hair style(slicked back), body type, and same beard. If it werent for the tatoos this guy had i would of probably hugged him.. I serioulsy get so uncomfortable every time i see this guy and i have no clue who he is.

Are there any meanings related to seeing a doppleganger?

Try to talk to him next time you see him. If hes a real doppleganger then something wierd might happen. If not, once you get real close youll probably see the differences between the two of them. Also maybe he never told you about his twin... or maybe his mom never told him about his twin! Ha, jk on the last one, at least I hope not.

Edited by SpiritWriter

i agree with both of you, i think next time i see this guy ill just tell him that he is a doppleganger and see how he reacts lol

There's only so many people on this planet, some of them are bound to look the same, I'm a spitting image of my dad and from far away it can be deceiving

I see doppelgangers all the time. I am really bad about that. My husband thinks I'm a bit bonkers. (He is no help because he can't tell if people look alike or not, even identical twins)

For me, it has to be some sort of visual memory distortion or something, as I doubt anyone sees them as often as I do.

And sometimes it is quite emotionally disturbing, especially if they are of the deceased.

Edited by QuiteContrary

I just recently had a doppelganger experience. A flooring contractor showed up to install some vinyl and when I met him I almost pulled on his beard, thinking I was the butt of some elaborate practical joke. He looked EXACTLY like a cousin of mine. Too funny. I asked him if I could snap a picture and he agreed - the family got quite a laugh out of it :)

• Like 3

I've always sort of wondered about the whole idea of doppelgangers, I mean the word is German and I have to ask myself, "Is there a problem with reflections of people running around over there? So much so, they needed to make up a specific word for it?" I can understand the need for a specialized word like "tsunami" in Japan because periodically they have them, it's a real thing and it needs to have a specific name.

:unsure2:

• Like 2

I apparently have a doppleganger problem where I live. I frequently get texts from friends telling me that they're staring at my exact duplicate. This has happened MANY times.

Once, when I walked into a department store, the sales lady rushed over to me and said, "So good to see you again!" I've never seen this lady before in my life. "How's your wife?" she asked. I've never been married. I thought for a second and replied, "We're getting a divorce" then walked away without saying anything else.

Maybe it's just someone who looks a lot like your boyfriend. The fact that he has tattoos and your boyfriend doesn't seems to suggest this.

I've personally never seen a doppelganger. I remember reading somewhere though that an average of seven people in the world will look similar to you. Not sure if it's true or not, but something to consider.

I'm a doppelganger of that guy I see all the time in the mirror. It's uncanny. :w00t:

Although we are the same, we still seem to be opposites.

• Like 1

It's said that everybody has a twin. The other day, I saw a man who looked so much like a long-time ex-boyfriend of mine, I nearly puked (can't stand the dude). :td:

I'm a doppelganger of that guy I see all the time in the mirror. It's uncanny. :w00t:

Although we are the same, we still seem to be opposites.

same here! but i'm nice, i wash him every morning.... ;)

It's said that everybody has a twin. The other day, I saw a man who looked so much like a long-time ex-boyfriend of mine, I nearly puked (can't stand the dude). :td:

Makes me wonder. What if you ended up getting to know this guy and he turned out to be perfect for you in every way. Could you get past the fact that he looks just like the ex boyfriend?

I've had people mistaking me for someone else.

So have I. The funny thing is the person that I was mistaken for has my middle name as her first name. The first time I was confused for this other person was on an small airplane coming back from Boston. As the crew passed me in the aisle they called me by her name and said hello. They were really surprised to find that I wasn't her. The second time was when I was on my own lawn, walking to the mailbox and three teenagers walked by and asked me what the heck I was doing there, since the other person lives in another town.

I think everyone has at least one doppelganger.

Edited by moonshadow60

If a bunch of doppelgangers get together and have sex is that

a dopplegang bang?

That made me lol.

There was some article I read about a guy and his wife who were on holiday in a small town or something. Anywho wife and husband separated while looking around. Wife stubbles upon man who she thinks is her husband looks exactly the same wearing the same shirt but different pants. Husband catches up with wife and the man who looks like him.

Turns out after a beer they were twin brothers separated at birth.

So maybe a dopleganger is a long lost twin.