Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Solved] The Cap on Liking Posts

Eldorado

During the last 48hrs I've received the following message about half a dozen times.... "You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day".

Could you please tell me what I'm doing wrong, cos I haven't been going mad clicking on the 'like' button? Thanks.

• Like 3

I think there is a limit of 100 likes; at least that is what I think is the case.

Eldorado, you are a 'like monster'. but what's up with your avatar and status line (i.e. 'dead').

Silent protest?

Maybe if there was quota for negative votes, you could balance yourself off? :)

Edited by Likely Guy

I use the "Like" button with discrimination. I don't want to anyone around here the wrong idea. :unsure2: Plus, the more likes people get, the more they may think they know what they're talking about. Then they may start thinking thay know more than I do, which they probably do, but I don't want to give them that idea. It's hard enough bluffing my way through threads as it is.

• Like 6

Hi El,

I believe the problem may be that the cap of 100 posts is over a 24 hour period. Therefore:

If you liked 4 posts in the first 1hr and reached 100 in the 24th hour, then in the 25th hour you would have 4 likes available to you again.

If you liked nothing for the second hour and didn't use your 4 additional posts available to you in the 25th hour - you would have 9 or 10 or (?) available in the 26th hour.

Basically it always adds up the likes of the previous 24 hours continuously.

• Like 2

I use the "like" button when something appeals to me,but maybe there should also be a "dislike" button when someone is posting absolute rubbish,but I guess there's always a switch off button.

• Like 1

When I originally set the cap to 100 likes in a 24 hour period I didn't think anyone would reach that limit for it to be a problem, the important point really is for there to be a limit at all, the specific amount isn't as important so long as a restriction exists. ( within reason )

I've gone ahead and upped the cap to 200 likes in a 24 hour period - hopefully that should solve the problem.

• Like 3

Hi El,

I believe the problem may be that the cap of 100 posts is over a 24 hour period. Therefore:

If you liked 4 posts in the first 1hr and reached 100 in the 24th hour, then in the 25th hour you would have 4 likes available to you again.

If you liked nothing for the second hour and didn't use your 4 additional posts available to you in the 25th hour - you would have 9 or 10 or (?) available in the 26th hour.

Basically it always adds up the likes of the previous 24 hours continuously.

'I like this'

Thank you, libstaK. I hope you can understand my frustration at being able to use the function one minute and the next minute not. I also hope the above posters, bar DecoNoir, can understand that I always try to resist being a miserable git. Whether it be with money, smiles or 'likes'. If I like a post, I acknowledge the fact by 'liking' it. No matter if the poster is my best buddy or a jerk. (There are some folk on here who don't even acknowledge happy birthday wishes, fgs).

Cheers, pal. :)

• Like 1

When I originally set the cap to 100 likes in a 24 hour period I didn't think anyone would reach that limit for it to be a problem, the important point really is for there to be a limit at all, the specific amount isn't as important so long as a restriction exists. ( within reason )

I've gone ahead and upped the cap to 200 likes in a 24 hour period - hopefully that should solve the problem.

Problem solved. If I see the message again, I just don't log-in for a couple of days. I guess you can mark this as solved and lock the thread.

Thank you for your time and patience, sir.

• Like 1