Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Restaurant pays compensation in 100,000 coins

Still Waters

A Chinese restaurant ordered to pay compensation for attacking a customer added insult to the diner's injury - by giving her the payout in 100,000 coins.

Wu Qian and her husband were eating at a restaurant in Kunming, Yunnan Province, China, when they complained about the establishment's poor hygiene - but furious staff became enraged and attacked the couple instead.

http://uk.news.yahoo...00.html#5dZ8pSL

• Like 3

Attacking the customers = Stupid

Paying with 100,000 coins = Awesome!

ahh... haha! That restaurant, they really showed that customer, didn't they? They made those people 68,000 yuan richer in coins.... haha! Oh, they are so smart...

Those darn customers, how dare they want sanitary conditions in the restaurant they eat at! And how dare they report the restaurant staff for assaulting them!! The nerve!

Now, what restaurant is it? I would like to try to get them to assault me so I can also get 68,000 yuan in coins.

• Like 1

Only one bank willing to accept that many coins. OK, I can reason with that.

But how the hell did the restaurant get ahold of that many coins to pay the fine? The same bank?

That would be hilarious.

EDIT: Also, the banks I've dealt with in the U.S. have coin-counting machines, not the silliness of having 18 bank employee's count 100,000 coins.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 3

The story really hits home for me because I like to solve all of my problems with Kung Fu and loose change.

• Like 1

But how the hell did the restaurant get ahold of that many coins to pay the fine? The same bank?

That would be hilarious.

EDIT: Also, the banks I've dealt with in the U.S. have coin-counting machines, not the silliness of having 18 bank employee's count 100,000 coins.

I was thinking the same thing , or atleast a set of scales to count the money......

• Like 1

Didn't Samsung paid Apple a few hundred millions with coins?

Huh, not sure about that. Hilarious if true.

I do know a few cases here in the U.S. where a ticked-off divorcee paid the first month's alimony with coins. The ex-wife took him to court over it, and the judges(in all those cases) ordered that it not be repeated.

Hey despite the situation, if i was forced to pay anyone money, I will make it difficult for them as possible. Share the misery with those that bring it to you.

Edited by gatekeeper32

Just imagining the look on Gordon Ramsay's face if that had happened to him - do you think the couple saw the funny side?

That would be hilarious.

Which is one reason why China owns a large chunk of America via it's debts.