Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Baseball player murdered out of 'boredom'

ChewiesArmy

Happened here in the Midwest at the Iowa State fair a few years back. The misunderstood yoofs were calling it 'Beat Whitey' Night. Gangs of roving vicious kids attacking white people as they left the fair.

But, surely enough, the police came along and cleared it all up. They said there was 'no racial component' to these crimes.

This is actually untrue. The term "Beat Whitey Night" was used by one of the police officers when he said, " It must of been beat whitey night." The reporters picked up on that but later corrected it. http://iowapoliticse...e-not-beat.html That link was the closest I could find to the actually correction. What is humorous is I am finding a ton of stuff about supposedly 40+ blacks running around and beating people up at the fair, while screaming, "It's beat whitey night!". When it was just a big fist fight at the entrance/exit. On a side note. The fair does seem to get a lot of excitement. This year it was attacked by vegans! http://www.google.co....51156542,d.aWc

Edited by Gromdor

And if Al Sharpton considers himself to be a defender of the black community, why isn't he trying to protect black youths from themselves?

Because they would turn against him the same way so many did when Bill Cosby told the truth about the black community.

• Like 2

I'd be interested in your opinion on which gun laws would have stopped this crime from happening. In looking at this crime, I can see the violation of multiple federal and state gun laws by the perpetrators. Laws which, by the way, the NRA fully supports.

the ones that say that the general public are allowed access to guns. IMHO, guns should be accessable by only military and certain law enforcement thereby reducing this type of incident.

• Like 1

the ones that say that the general public are allowed access to guns. IMHO, guns should be accessable by only military and certain law enforcement thereby reducing this type of incident.

The teens obtained the gun illegally. Which means they stole it, as they were too young to buy one. How in the world, does gun control have anything to do with this? Underage minors stealing a gun is already against the law, by the way.

The only way to reduce these types of crimes, is for parents to do their job.

Nice try at deflection though...

Edited by Kowalski

Imagine if this crime happened a month from now. The media would be blaming the new Gran Theft Auto game that's coming out, like they have for many other violent juvenile crimes.

I don't know if it's deliberate, but I think there are race wars coming.

Why do you think that? Do you forsee rising tensions leading to more and more clashes that eventually burn out or organised ethnic cleansing by one or more parties?

Because they would turn against him the same way so many did when Bill Cosby told the truth about the black community.

Well people don't like being told what to do, or having any light shone on their faults. That shouldn't discourage someone from telling the truth, but I don't think Sharpton is on the side of truth, he's on the side of controversy generation and self-promotion.

I wonder if all you who are screaming it was racially motivated realize that only one of the murderers was black. One was bi-racial and one was white. Plus, their next victim they were targeting was black. A fellow school student that they constantly harassed and bullied. That's how they were arrested. The father got a call from his son in a panic, the father went home and saw them sitting in their car by his front yard. He called the cops. They got arrested. Funny how you all constantly say that the Left is stirring up racial tension but it's the Right that tries to turn every crime into a racist hate crime.

The teens obtained the gun illegally. Which means they stole it, as they were too young to buy one. How in the world, does gun control have anything to do with this? Underage minors stealing a gun is already against the law, by the way.

The only way to reduce these types of crimes, is for parents to do their job.

Nice try at deflection though...

I am not deflecting or avoiding as there is no reason for me to do so. Posting here is a hobby and supposedly a fun one for the sake of sharing ideas with people from different cultures around the world. You did, however, just show the exact reason to enforce the point I originally made, so thank you. While what I write is not contentious you seem to have taken the wrong end of the stick in turning this into something much larger than mere observation but I will elaborate in order to clarify. Not speaking of this incident exclusively but about control of weaponry and matters not if "stolen" in this particular case but if was "controlled" as in "locked away from general public and those who are not authorized to use such for specific reasons" as to be defined then would not be there in first instance to be "stolen" by unauthorized persons which could potentially be labelled as 'gun control' although that term is a wide spectrum as far as types of gun (automatic, shotguns, hunting...). Point taken that "parents should do their job" (in bold face). thank you for not using CAPS. Yes, indeed, I agree with your observation that parents should "do their job" but ultimately it could be presented that a child's actions are not reflective of good or bad parenting as the child holds a will of their own outside of the parental morality teachings of right and wrong. Crimes of this nature are not normal or restricted to underage persons although it has been reported that a 2 yr old has been able to fire a hand gun when found while crawling on the floor in parents bedroom. Could argue what is the job of a parent and if the State should impose guidelines on parenting or what those guidelines would include...what is a parent's job and maybe the parents of said child thought that they did their job properly while another parent holds a different view. Is it irresponsible to leave a gun under a bed if you have a crawling toddler, if parents are irresponsible how could they teach responsibility to their children? It can be said that there is sensitivity to issues such as parenting. Speaking more specifically about control of weaponry or protection of the public, If we were to compare and contrast the country in which you live and the country in which I live and perhaps other countries where laws vary, perhaps the outcome can be different as to laying hands on certain types of guns to use them for purposes of citizens killing other citizens. Reference Dunblane which reduced many a grown man into a puddle on the floor. Ensuring that the country in which I live never had another Dunblane incident, measures were put into place so that weaponry that was used in those instances was then made inaccessible for use to kill children / John Q Public.... knives and other weapons are available and those who truly wish to harm others will find a way to do so with or without the use of guns whether legal or not. It is however, the governments responsibility to protect it's people while ensuring liberty, freedom.... if freedom also encompasses that citizens are free to kill other citizens because they are free to access weaponry to do so and if that is how it remains then the problem remains perpetual. If freedom encompasses safety while going about your normal life then gun for the public should be defined in a more specific way to ensure and protect the freedom of citizens and in particular our children when they attend schools such as Dunblane in my country and Columbine in yours where certain types of weapons were used. Taking away the possibility of such crimes with guns by ordinary citizens who are not (soldiers, military) and who have no 'use' for say.... fully automatic weaponry as an example, and say for instance making those weapons only available to those who do have a proper and defined 'use' for that weaponry such as a serving solider in the military, as one example, could potentially reduce the type of crime that would not normally be in situations where guns were being fired during the normal course of life such as are reported at University campuses, schools, shopping malls.

Edited by Sevenof Seven

It is however, the governments responsibility to protect it's people while ensuring liberty, freedom....

no it is not. not my words, it is ussc desision.

Do you mean that all murders should be punished equally, or all crimes?

Should the punishment for murder be the same as the punishment for assault?

Id have to be a complete moron to want to give the death penalty to someone for slapping a person.

, guns should be accessable by only military and certain law enforcement thereby reducing this type of incident.

but it doesn't reduce, it does exact opposite.

• Like 1

but it doesn't reduce, it does exact opposite.

Please explain?

by making guns an illegal thing to own, those who want to own guns then have to become criminals to own them, the people comiting crimes w/ guns on the average don't have the gun legally, so by making them illegal to own, you drive up the number of criminals, and make it more of an illegal market product.

Please explain?

it has been explained, and linked to proof and evidence for years on this board, please feel free not to be lazy and use search button. but if you are too lazy, just see crime rates in ccw vs no ccw states.

So many people have become so desensitised to others feelings and even their lives... It is so disheartening... This murder fits the pattern of people who don't seem

to have the capacity to comprehend that other people are even living beings...

In the end it doesn't really matter what the catalyst was - TV, Movies, "Gang Culture", Video Games... It all really comes down to Mental Health... There is a huge mental health

problem through out the entire world - or at least it seems that way... And it appears that the powers that be are afraid to admit it...

Yes, That's sort of what i'm driving at about the glorification of violence . It's everywhere we look . We are taught that War and Killing is good , when done for 'good' reasons. We see the cowboys and cops as good guys when they shoot the bad guys.

So once we are totally conditioned to accept that life is expendable.. the reason for respecting life is GONE. How can parents teach their children respect for others (which includes all of society and the natural world) when they themselves have NONE. ... it's complicated.

* and ya... Mental health as in Emotional health . We are breeding sociopaths .

Edited by lightly

by making guns an illegal thing to own, those who want to own guns then have to become criminals to own them, the people comiting crimes w/ guns on the average don't have the gun legally, so by making them illegal to own, you drive up the number of criminals, and make it more of an illegal market product.

the outccome is not as you describe in the UK