Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman dislocates jaw eating triple burger

Still Waters

A woman had to have her jaw reset after dislocating it while eating a triple-decker burger.

Nicola Peate, from Ormskirk, Lancashire, injured herself while eating at Liverpool's Almost Famous restaurant on 8 August.

Ms Peate, 25, who has a syndrome which makes her joints unstable, was treated at the Royal Liverpool University Hospital the next day.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ngland-23770249

• Like 3

Deserved it. 100%! No sympathy for her from me.

Why did she deserve it??? She has a syndrome that causes her joints to be unstable, am sure millions of others would eat the same burger with no problem.

I see that the news report with it header is making it out like she was some greedy pig who tried stuffing the thing in her mouth and dislocated her jaw in the act, but I'm sure if she didn't have this syndrome that wouldn't have happened.

Edited by Moon Gazer
  • Like 4

Oh dear. Sounds quite unpleasant. Now she knows how snakes feel

• Like 1

She even said that she didn't expect something like that to happen and I can only imagine how scary that must have been for her..and painful.

Many people have conditions yet are not aware as to the extent of them or what could happen with a seemingly innocuous event.

Sure, anyone can easily say she could have been more careful but then the same can be said for any of us regarding any event.

So, regardless, she didn't "deserve" it.

Edited by Ryu
  • Like 5

Why did she deserve it??? She has a syndrome that causes her joints to be unstable, am sure millions of others would eat the same burger with no problem.

I see that the news report with it header is making it out like she was some greedy pig who tried stuffing the thing in her mouth and dislocated her jaw in the act, but I'm sure if she didn't have this syndrome that wouldn't have happened.

If I had that syndrome, there's no way I'd be dumb enough to try eating a burger that big.

Jeez, I've nearly done that trying to eat a triple burger myself.

This is called a self-inflicted wound. If she was in the military it would be a chargeable offense.

A woman had to have her jaw reset after dislocating it while eating a triple-decker burger.

This usually happens to some women after they talked gossip for 8 hours straight. ;)

Had a lady at work for a while who talked constantly, about everything and nothing, just nonsense bull**** gossip etc. The thing was that she never seemed to catch her breath. The words came out in a constant steady stream without her inhaling any air. We thought she must have a vent somewhere on her body where she let the air in. GOD, she was irritating, not a second was quiet when she was around.

Edited by EllJay

where I come from we have these simple but useful inventions called knives and forks.... or if we buy big burgers its quite common to ask for it to be cut in half by the guys on the counter... (well for us classier folk that is) hehe

I'm not one to often express dis-compassion(if that's a word) but, in this case, she deserved the injury, the silly woman.

Edited by pallidin

OK, I am sorry about here disease. But I really find it difficult to sympathise with anyone who orders one these triple junkfood monstrocieties and actually wants stuff that in his/her body.

Edited by Zaphod222

Must have been a massive burger.

Hamburgers w/cheese and all the trimmings are one of the three food groups I eat triples whenever I can find them be they fast food or at home

food group 1 ( triple) cheeseburgers with the works,

food group 2 chocolate

food group 3 everything else.....

( yes I know all about food and food groups I was a cook in a hospital for 17 years)

Edited by mysticwerewolf

I can't believe how harsh you guys are being. I'm glad she isn't fat because I can imagine what you would be saying.

For the most part I eat very healthy, but every once in a while I get a craving for something that is totally bad for you and pig out. I would be willing to bet most people are the same. I mean, if she was in the habit of eating triple cheeseburgers wouldn't she have found out long ago that she could dislocate her jaw?

Poor girl,having that wrong with her,must be painful, The is this Burger place that has burger patties that are 1lb apiece and yes they make a 4 lb burger that would take 3 people to eat,The place is in Garland Texas on NorthWest Hwy,Place is called Burger Island and the burgers are Big,Juicy. and full of Flavor,Now Ive seen people hurt themselves with a burger like that and when you see one that big it's mind blowing and just scarey to look at.it comes with everything,and has a smell that will make your stomach rumble with hunger,MMM MMM Good! Just don't try to eat it yourself or you too will have Jaw problems.

I hope she will be ok.what pain she must be in,Yikes

Looks like she.....

*puts on sunglasses*

bit off more than she could chew.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

• 4 weeks later...

How much food can someone cram in? I'm waiting for the combined mass at the local Chinese Buffet to create a black hole and destroy the planet.

Agree with Michelle. Idk why posters are saying she deserved it. She may not even have known she had this condition. Does she deserve to have her jaw disolocated because she was eating something unhealthy? I'm sure all of you have not indulged once in your entire lives :rolleyes:

I have TMJ and a bite. I have to be careful eating anything large or I get pain. I've had pain after eating apples.

Edited by RavenEyes19