Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Family of autistic boy harassed by hate mail

Sweetpumper

Woman receives hate-filled letter asking her to move or euthanize autistic son

A hate-filled letter received by a family in Canada telling them to move out of the neighborhood or euthanize their autistic son has gone viral, prompting a flood of support for the family.

The letter goes on to criticize Begley for allowing Max to play outside and says: "That noise he makes when he is outside is DREADFUL!!!!!!!!!! It scares the hell out of my normal children!!!!!!!"

The letter also tells Karla that she has a "retarded kid" and "should deal with it properly".

http://www.foxnews.c...e-autistic-son/

God, I'd love to get my hands on some of these people.

• Like 9

I just don't "get" people most of the time. The letter writer says that they shouldn't expect "special treatment" just because they have a "retarded" son. How is going outside on your own property "special treatment"???!!! Inane and insane!!!!

• Like 6

Time to get a big dog.

• Like 4

Here is a local link to the story The disgusting thing I just heard on the car radio is that police are not considering this a hate crime

I heard there was a court case brewing over this? Started by members of that community...just what I heard around the water cooler this morning...

Either way, I read that letter last night. I remember three suggestions for "euthanizing". Are you kidding me?!

• Like 2

Hi Dark_Grey, I heard the snippets of the same thing.

• Like 1

Human beings are becoming uncaring, insensitive, selfish and hateful monsters....terrible cruelty.

dontwanttoliveonthisplanet_zpse14bd37b.png

• Like 7

I'd like to euthanize the person who wrote that vile filth....

• Like 6

Human beings are becoming uncaring, insensitive, selfish and hateful monsters....terrible cruelty.

dontwanttoliveonthisplanet_zpse14bd37b.png

It seems the letter came from one person and sparked a outcry from the community against the leter. Sounds like a dick being a dick and people showing their supported for the family.
  • Like 2

Just the heartlessness to tell someone to donate their useful body parts...I have never imagined someone could say that to another human being.

• Like 2

I salute the parents who received this letter, not only for the job they are doing, but for how they are handling themselves in this situation. I'm not as strong as them, had I received this letter then the second I found out who sent it I would have dropped them. Period.

• Like 4

I have never imagined someone could say that to another human being.

That's why the cowards did it in a letter.

• Like 4

Just like to point out that it was the boys grandmother who received the letter, not the parents.

The hateful letter was reportedly sent last week to a resident of Newcastle, Ont., just west of Toronto, who hosts her 13-year-old grandson, Max, during summer days.

If you have the balls to say something this extreme to another person, have the balls to sign your own name to the vile filth spewing forth from your hate-infested soul.

• Like 6

Just the heartlessness to tell someone to donate their useful body parts...I have never imagined someone could say that to another human being.

I've received numerous death threats over the past year, including one that stated that before they killed me they would rape my mother annd any sisters and daughters in front of me.

However, I also know these people sending these messages re unlikely to carry out these threats and only represent an extreme minority of the group they claim to represent.

I've received numerous death threats over the past year, including one that stated that before they killed me they would rape my mother annd any sisters and daughters in front of me.

However, I also know these people sending these messages re unlikely to carry out these threats and only represent an extreme minority of the group they claim to represent.

Damn dude....that's a little harsh. Is it work related by chance?

I know people don't always agree with my political and social positions on many things...but I have never threatened anyone and I wish no ill will to those that I disagree with. It seems like the last grasp of a desperate mind is to resort to terroristic threatening...my condolences...I'm sure it's still something that must make you uncomfortable at times...best wishes.

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 2

I'm an out atheist living in the South that appears on a video show. It's something I expected when I accepted the offer to appear on the show.

And the upshot is I also get emails, not as common, from people who didn't know there were other atheists out there or around here and thought they were alone, or that just want to say thank you for saying what they couldn't say as a closeted atheist.

• Like 3

I bet the people who write the vicious hate mail are also the very same people who diligently go to church every sunday, read their bibles and talk endlessly about what "good" christians they are.

Same sort of peace-loving, holier-than-thou and sanctimonious religious people that write things like this to Richard Dawkins. There is no love lost between he and I, but this is pretty over the top from people who preach tolerance and love.

But some of the mails are pretty funny and creative though. :D>>>

[media=]http://youtu.be/0ldoeYChYAY

• Like 2

I'm an out atheist living in the South that appears on a video show. It's something I expected when I accepted the offer to appear on the show.

And the upshot is I also get emails, not as common, from people who didn't know there were other atheists out there or around here and thought they were alone, or that just want to say thank you for saying what they couldn't say as a closeted atheist.

Good grief...I am stunned. I'm assuming this was "Christian" fundamentalists threatening you then? I am not an atheist...however, I am not a typical "Christian" either. I read and study all religion and philosophy and believe that modern, organized religion is purely a control mechanism and a cash register. To the Christians...I am a Heretic...to everyone else...I am a Gnostic. Oh well...to each their own. I personally believe each of us are responsible for our own path. You are free to choose yours as you see fit...and I will choose mine. I do not have to agree with you and do not expect you to agree with me. But we can still talk about fishing and golf.

Sorry, we got a little off topic...

It said the cops were investigating to find out where it came from. I so hope they do and make this fiend known to the community. Let's see who will be moving then...

• Like 1

I bet the people who write the vicious hate mail are also the very same people who diligently go to church every sunday, read their bibles and talk endlessly about what "good" christians they are.

What an odd thing to automatically assume. I think the comments here tend to show that this woman's behavior was exceptionally bad. Do you think of Christians as a group being this way? I'm not interested in arguing with you Ryu, I just am flabbergasted that you seem to loathe them so.
  • Like 4

While I hav enever worked directly with axtremely autistic kids, I do know families with them, and have friends who have done volunteer work to help with their care.

Parents of children on the extreme end of the autistic spectrum have it terrible. Autistic children are hard to care for, they rarely improve, and are unable to acknowledge the love and care their parents put into taking care of them.

It is a terrible place to be in, and this person is terrible for striking out anonymously at them and talking about her normal children.

• Like 3