Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mouse tries to save another from snake

seeder

And we commemorate our brave rodent friend. May his spirit find its ways to the halls of his fathers, where he shall live on in the eternal piece of cheese, and Tom & Jerry cartoons. To this we say amen.

(Lifts bagpipe)

Amazing Grace...

• Like 3

Very brave indeed. It shows me how even a mouse can have more courage than a lot of people.

And empathy. I read an account once (in a peer reviewed paper) about a lab rat who in order to get food, had to press a lever which also delivered an electric shock to the rat in an adjacent cage. The test rat refused to press the lever after seeing his neighbour suffer. He continued this refusal almost to the point of starvation.

What does this prove? In my mind it shows that rats are empathic, and that clinical psychologists are evil and cruel.

• Like 3

Reminded me of the male cat who tried to save/revive his girlfriend cat when she was hit by a car. He was doing the whole CPR-thing, with chest compressions and artificial respiration. Not as concentrated and effective as a human CPR, but he seem to have grasped the concept of the whole process at least.

The poor fellow looks around, a few times while doing this, at the people filming the scene. It looks like he is desperately saying to them; "For Gods sake help me, she's dying here".

A sad ordeal indeed.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by EllJay
  • Like 1

And empathy. I read an account once (in a peer reviewed paper) about a lab rat who in order to get food, had to press a lever which also delivered an electric shock to the rat in an adjacent cage. The test rat refused to press the lever after seeing his neighbour suffer. He continued this refusal almost to the point of starvation.

What does this prove? In my mind it shows that rats are empathic, and that clinical psychologists are evil and cruel.

Reminds me of the old story about the research lab that was going to stop using rats, and start using lawyers... Their reasoning was that there was much less chance of the lab workers

growing attached to the lawyers and that there are some things that even rats won't do...

• Like 4

Reminded me of the male cat who tried to save/revive his girlfriend cat when she was hit by a car. He was doing the whole CPR-thing, with chest compressions and artificial respiration. Not as concentrated and effective as a human CPR, but he seem to have grasped the concept of the whole process at least.

The poor fellow looks around, a few times while doing this, at the people filming the scene. It looks like he is desperately saying to them; "For Gods sake help me, she's dying here".

A sad ordeal indeed.

[media=]

[/media]

ah so nice! I read the blurb under the vid and this is what it says

A stray cat filmed in Turkey ( Kızılsaray district of Antalya ) trying to revive his female friend who got hit by a car. Even though some people tried to help him, the white cat wouldn't let them come near for two straight hours. Finally a vet arrived and took the injured cat. Sadly, it was too late and he couldnt resuscitate the feline.

• Like 1

But on the mice, they were fed to the snakes at a zoo. I didnt know they had to be alive but I guess its just as important for the snake to eat in captivity what it would in the wild.

I was freaked out one night I met a girl, she invited me in for a cuppa..ahem, anyway while we were in the kitchen waiting for the kettle to boil, I saw she placed out 3 cups.... I was a tad suspicious her mum might live with her or something.... but in the third cup she placed something I thought was teabag, but....she got that from the freezer... even more odd - Im thinking

Turns out it was a frozen mouse, from a bag of frozen mice in her freezer, and she would defrost them in a cup or hot water, thus making them warmer also, and then drop it in her SNAKE TANK.

very odd first date experience, I didn't go back for another

• Like 2

This thread makes me so damn sad.

The mouse-tea story was funny though..:lol:

Off to snuggle furry four legged friends...

• Like 2