Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Saudi Arabia's persecution of 'witches'

redhen

The next time John Kerry or any other U.S. "statesman" goes to visit our dear allies in Saudi Arabia, I hope that they might bring up the issue of human rights, specifically the Saudi's persecutions of "witches". A witch hunt in Saudi Arabia is not a metaphor. They take their war on witches as seriously as the war on drugs in the U.S.

Accusations of witchcraft are increasingly being levied at foreign maids, as a way to cheat them out of wages. Naturally, the penalty for witchcraft is death. I invite all the UM witches, druids and shamans to voice their opposition to this medieval mentality. With "allies" like this, who needs enemies?

• Like 2

The Saudis, along with most countries and cultures in the Middle East, treat their women worse than they treat their pets. Women have few rights and are generally considered property to be dealt with however the "owner" sees fit. Unbelievable in the 21st century that women's rights have progressed so little in certain societies.

But everyone knows the Saudi's are our friends, and they buy lots of guns and tanks and aeroplanes from us!

Morality and ethics are never convenient to the Saudi's, why should they be convenient to us?

• Like 1

*reminds myself to cover up my pentacle tattoo if I ever visit these countries*!!

*reminds myself to cover up my pentacle tattoo if I ever visit these countries*!!

Better to just not visit. Don't give 'em your money.

• Like 2

Its hard to believe an entire society can be that backwards.

Its hard to believe an entire society can be that backwards.

And mind boggling that the rest of the world doesn't understand that they want ALL OF US to live that way.
  • Like 1

And mind boggling that the rest of the world doesn't understand that they want ALL OF US to live that way.

what's really sad is that up until about 200 years ago, they were the advanced peoples of the world.

Sad how times have changed.

• Like 1

what's really sad is that up until about 200 years ago, they were the advanced peoples of the world.

Sad how times have changed.

How true! Personally, I've never forgiven them for creating Algebra (I think) :)
  • Like 1