Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
stevemartin23

Searching for understanding of my visuals

3 posts in this topic

I have recently been undergoing some drastic changes in my visualizations in my minds eye and I was hoping to share them with others in hope that someone can resonate with my experiences

A couple years ago I was convinced I couldn't visualize anything. I would close my eyes, nothing but blackness.

The realization of this was rather scary, I could remember visualizing when I was younger but I had no idea when this blackness began. I have a few memories of being younger and getting frustrated with my mind creating different stories than I was trying to visualize, and I have a theory that this lack of control caused me to suppress my visual skills.

Recently I have been practicing my visualizations. Over the past year I have made some major improvements. I have a much better ability to visualize objects and places, although almost always the images must be in motion and in third point perspective. I have no ability to create static images. Everything is constantly changing and moving.

Even as I have developed this, it is always a struggle and an effort for me to visualize real things. It just feels forced and unnatural.

However, since the very first days of regaining my ability to visualize, what comes to me naturally and easily is pretty unique.

Without any effort or pre-thought, If I am relaxed and in a mood where the creative portion of my brain is flowing, my third eye effortlessly creates vast landscapes of complex geometry and throngs of colors. The images are always moving and flowing, as is the perspective of the images. Nothing is stationary, but there is always some type of harmonious balance between the motion of the colors.

This also often leads to vast landscapes of interlocked objects of various shape and relation. They are also constantly moving and oscillating with one another.

I struggle so hard to visualize a stationary red square but my minds eye has a never ending well of harmonious fluidly moving vast landscapes of oscillating colors, what I am beginning to believe, is forms of energy.

Can anyone relate to this? Has anyone ever heard of anything like this? Could anyone point me in the direction of possibly a better site to discuss this with people?

I wish I could describe the ever changing ever infinite beauty my mind creates.

I am really searching for someone to discuss this with. I am currently on break from college at home and my supply of individuals whom I can discuss topics such as these is low enough for me to being searching for forums.

I

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

This also often leads to vast landscapes of interlocked objects of various shape and relation. They are also constantly moving and oscillating with one another.

I struggle so hard to visualize a stationary red square but my minds eye has a never ending well of harmonious fluidly moving vast landscapes of oscillating colors, what I am beginning to believe, is forms of energy.

Can anyone relate to this? Has anyone ever heard of anything like this? Could anyone point me in the direction of possibly a better site to discuss this with people?

I read somewhere that peoples Energy perceptions can be visual, colours, geometry.. Sp I think you are right that it's energy you are seeing.

There's are few people here who might be able to help but sorry, my energy perceptions are slightly different, though I have had some similar experiences during meditation..

Edited by Professor T

I'm not very good with visualization sometimes, so I kind of get what you mean. I really had to work on it while meditating.

One time though, half way through a hard worked on visualization, it started to come very easily and on it's own, there were these beautiful flowers, and the way they moved in the wind gave off the most beautiful sound... I could only describe it as a 'silvery' sound. It was absolutely gorgeous... Then shortly after I started to move from the spot, the visualization started to die down a bit, then I had to work at it more :/

Maybe your brain wasn't clued in to what you were trying to do when you meditated or something. But it would make sense that it would catch on if you continuously visualized these things all the time. Eventually it would just do it on it's own.

Very interesting though, I'm hoping to improve my visualizations :)