Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Still Waters

NHS patients 'could be sent to India'

7 posts in this topic

NHS patients could be sent to India to be treated it was warned last night, as it was revealed up to 20 UK trusts were planning to set up clinics abroad to make money for the health service.

Patricia Hewitt, the former health secretary, said trusts were already in talks about going into business with healthcare providers in India, using the expertise in the NHS to open up profitable businesses abroad, where health services are in demand.

http://www.telegraph...s-in-India.html

Why not? After all half the other British industries are abroad.

well that's one way to claim noone dies in British hospitals I suppose.

1 person likes this

Why not...then we could send 'em loads of overseas aid to run 'em.

Thats one "L" of a place to be sent to in order to be cured of a minor illness,when they have everything from Leprosy/Rabies/Smallpox/Dengue Fever/yellow Fever/ Malaria ,ad infinitum,so I guess I'll be sent there if I get the Flu,but at least they are friendly.Curry cures everything..Yay !

I thought this headline by the media is misleading. the truth is its not for uk patients, I watched this debate its only about the nhs branding. setting up in india as a private health service. with the money generated would help the nhs here at home to cost cut. and have a sector actually making money. it would operate like the bbc does abroad currently. operates under the bbc brand but is financed via the foreign office and profit making private sector.

As India is already classed as a 'third-world' country, how is it going to benefit them by having access to the UK's third-world healthcare service?