Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spooky Britain

Ealdwita

Just in case you run out of day-trip destination ideas..........(If you're visiting #7, take the Rolvenden road until you come to Tile Kiln Hill, take a left up the lane and knock on the first farmhouse door you come to. I'll put the kettle on.)....Mind the dogs!

http://www.express.c...pookiest-places

Edited by ealdwita

Just in case you run out of day-trip destination ideas..........(If you're visiting #7, take the Rolvenden road until you come to Tile Kiln Hill, take a left up the lane and knock on the first farmhouse door you come to. I'll put the kettle on.)....Mind the dogs!

http://www.express.c...pookiest-places

very interesting, disappointing that York is not there.

Are there ghosts in your home Eald?

Should I ever return to Britain, I'll certainly look these up!

Good list, haven't been to any of these places but I am bookmarking the list.

I've been to the Tower of London and didn't feel particularly spooked by anything while there.

I've also been to Chillingham Castle, where we stayed overnight. When we first got there in the middle of the afternoon, we went for a walk in the woods. It was a beautiful, bright sunny day around 3:00PM. We were following the path when came around a small bend and I stopped. I couldn't make myself keep going. Hubby was like "What's wrong?" and I just said something bad was there. He gave me a "you're on crack" kind of look, but I insisted we go back the way we came. We went on the ghost walk that night which followed the same path through the woods. Got to the same spot and the tour guide said that it was the only area of the castle and ground that he didn't like and had never felt comfortable there. Turns out, when they were laying the plumbing for the castle in the 80s they found a mass grave in that spot. I guess they used to hang the Scottish that would come over to fight in the woods (but not from the neck where it would be a relatively quick death, around their stomach where they would be left to hang in midair and die a slow death). Anyway, there was a mass grave right at the spot I'd had my freakout during the day. Hubby was like "How did you know?" and all I could say was that I felt something, didn't know what at the time, but *something* was there...

• Like 1

I visited Pendle Hill in 2010. Beautiful area! Absolutely loved it. Nothing spooky about it. Anything Most Haunted do is for the drama.