Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The intention experiment

Big Bad Voodoo

The Intention Experiment is a series of scientifically controlled, web-based experiments testing the power of intention to change the physical world. Thousands of volunteers from 30 countries around the world have participated in Intention Experiments thus far.

http://theintentione...the-experiments

Glowing leaf experiment

http://theintentione...-Experiment.pdf

The Germination Intention Experiments

In a replication study, however, they’d (plants) showed enhanced growth, as well as health (Journal of Parapsychology, 2003:67: 279-98)

http://theintentione...-experiment.pdf

A number of fascinating results emerged. Firstly, the experiment

showed that the intention had a robust effect.

As an overall average, the seeds sent intention grew 56 mm,

compared with 48 mm for the non-targeted seeds. This means that

seeds sent intention, on average, were 8 mm (about a third of an

inch) higher than the controls. In contrast, the seeds run in the

control Intention Experiments only varied by 2 mm.

The First Korotkov Water Experiment – November 30, 2007

The Roy Water Experiment: April 26, 2008

The Water Germination Experiments

http://theintentione...experiment1.pdf

The Lake Biwa Intention Experiment

March 22, 2010

http://theintentione..._Experiment.pdf

The Clean Water Experiment

June 13, 2009

The 9/11 Peace Intention Experiment

September 11-18, 2011

Furthermore, despite the suicide bombing in December, enemy-initiated attacks across the

whole of Afghanistan for the whole of 2011 are 9 per cent lower than they were in 2010.

So, in summary:

• Civilian casualties dropped to an average of 37 per cent after our September intention

• Attacks with explosive devices dropped 16 per cent after our intention, compared to

the average attack rate for the two plus years before

• Overall enemy attacks dropped 12 per cent from October-December 2011, compared

to levels in 2010

• Attacks in the Southwest dropped overall by 29 per cent over the year before and

drastically dropped by 790 per cent in September

• Attacks across the whole of Afghanistan for the whole of 2011 were 9 per cent lower

than they were in 2010.

Big Bad Voodoo

Edited by Big Bad Voodoo

Plants showed enhanced growth. Study shows. Intention change matter. People laughed at Harry Oldfield when pictured human Auras too. People laughed when people babble to plants. Look who is laughing now.

Big Bad Voodoo

Edited by Big Bad Voodoo

Oh boy. I´ll grant them maybe they can influence the growth of plants (didnt Heisenberg notice the observer effect?), but this "peace project" in Afghanistan..... sheer lunacy. Stupid hippies like this contribute to our collective doom.

Oh boy. I´ll grant them maybe they can influence the growth of plants (didnt Heisenberg notice the observer effect?), but this "peace project" in Afghanistan..... sheer lunacy. Stupid hippies like this contribute to our collective doom.

"Stupid hippies"

Stupid hippies brought you the computer you are typing on.

"Our collective doom"

If what their doing has no effect then they are just wasting their time, really bigotry contributes much more to the problems of the world. You know things like religious discrimination ;) ;) ;) ;)

• Like 2

Study shows. ;)

The Maharishi Effect is a paranormal claim that a significant number of individuals practicing the Transcendental Meditation technique ™ and the TM-Sidhi program has an effect on the environment.[1] This hypothetical influence was described by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi in the 1960s and was later termed the Maharishi Effect.

http://en.wikipedia....aharishi_Effect

Tai Chi masters in China spoke about Maharashi effect

Tai Chi is Martial art Philosophy medicine...Mental emotional spiritual healing not just vital.

Big Bad Voodoo

Edited by Big Bad Voodoo

• 2 weeks later...

Plants are one thing. Peace between warring factions is something else entirely. But if it does no good, what harm can it cause? It's a nice thought, regardless.

• Like 1

I think even the plant thing is pretty interesting. Have these experiments been repeated?

• 2 weeks later...

The link shows that Lynne McTaggart is the person behind these so-called experiments. Pretty lousy experiments. They qualify as junk science. This not the first time such experiments have been tried. The pregnancy intention experiment was claimed as a great result until it was shown that the entire experiment was a hoax. One of the authors was a con man who was in jail at the time of publication. McTaggart is a journalist that is into crop circles and anti-vax and is cashing in big time on those wanting to get fleeced for the sake of blindly believing in woo.

I think I see now where your rant on the peer review process comes from. It is an important starting point for those that want to post junk disguised as science. Part of the attack also has to be some loony comment that science is all about maintaining the status quo. I laugh when I see that because no one believing such rubbish has ever really thought about this nitwit claim. Go to a scientific meeting and see how many people are reporting findings in conflict with the current understanding of things. Items I recall from the last 2 years:

1. New proposals for solar convection

2. New proposals for possible planets in the solar system

3. New ideas on dinosaur evolution

4. New proposal for a pole shift in the Cretaceous

There are lots of proposals for new ideas almost every day. You see it in the news. Science is all about new ideas and everyone knows that a new idea/discovery makes them famous. Maintaining the status quo? Laughable, just laughable.

Then there are people like McTaggart that claim science. The claims about the living matrix are about the same as those of Wilcock. The material has been proposed by others making up baloney, too.

I looked at the Lake Biwa water experiment. Typical junk. She gathers two glasses of water. The origin of the water is apparently of no importance. There appears to be no connection to the source and the data collected later on. There is no test how the water samples tested before the experiment. Why 2 separate glasses? Why not one glass split in half? We are shown something afterward without the details of what is being shown. There is a claim of statistical significance although a sample of 2 is hardly a real experiment and I doubt any statistic was ever compute. This is the sort of dubious mock experiment dished out to those that want to be fleeced.

The other people mentioned I looked up.

1. Dr Emoto - another intention experimenter who grows the ugliest ice crystals and calls them beautiful. Yes, I have read about his claims and find them to be without merit.

2. Korotkov - pushes Kirlian photography and GDV, gas discharge visualization. The latter being some sort of camera used in some form of alternative medical diagnosis. We might want to use the label scientist here very loosely since science does not seem to be his game.

Water grows polluted from a number of sources, including bacteria, chemicals or even a

change in temperature. These changes can also change the clustering of its H2O molecules.

Molecules of healing water or clean water cluster together in very different patterns than

those of polluted water.

So changing molecular structure is one highly powerful way to use intention to purify water.

Water with a high degree of structure (strong regular structure) is found in in the cytoplasm

of healthy tissue and a variety of healing waters like that of Lourdes.

The changing molecular structure line is what is known as a non sequitur. It does not follow from the preceding statements.

The paragraph that follows is simply not true. Water in cytoplasm is not highly structured. The 8 forms of ice are highly structured. Water in general is not. There are exceptions such as that found along the surfaces of hydrophilic surfaces. Water can form quasi-crystalline structures many molecules thick.

The link shows that Lynne McTaggart is the person behind these so-called experiments. Pretty lousy experiments. They qualify as junk science. This not the first time such experiments have been tried. The pregnancy intention experiment was claimed as a great result until it was shown that the entire experiment was a hoax. One of the authors was a con man who was in jail at the time of publication. McTaggart is a journalist that is into crop circles and anti-vax and is cashing in big time on those wanting to get fleeced for the sake of blindly believing in woo.

I think I see now where your rant on the peer review process comes from. It is an important starting point for those that want to post junk disguised as science. Part of the attack also has to be some loony comment that science is all about maintaining the status quo. I laugh when I see that because no one believing such rubbish has ever really thought about this nitwit claim. Go to a scientific meeting and see how many people are reporting findings in conflict with the current understanding of things. Items I recall from the last 2 years:

1. New proposals for solar convection

2. New proposals for possible planets in the solar system

3. New ideas on dinosaur evolution

4. New proposal for a pole shift in the Cretaceous

There are lots of proposals for new ideas almost every day. You see it in the news. Science is all about new ideas and everyone knows that a new idea/discovery makes them famous. Maintaining the status quo? Laughable, just laughable.

Then there are people like McTaggart that claim science. The claims about the living matrix are about the same as those of Wilcock. The material has been proposed by others making up baloney, too.

I looked at the Lake Biwa water experiment. Typical junk. She gathers two glasses of water. The origin of the water is apparently of no importance. There appears to be no connection to the source and the data collected later on. There is no test how the water samples tested before the experiment. Why 2 separate glasses? Why not one glass split in half? We are shown something afterward without the details of what is being shown. There is a claim of statistical significance although a sample of 2 is hardly a real experiment and I doubt any statistic was ever compute. This is the sort of dubious mock experiment dished out to those that want to be fleeced.

The other people mentioned I looked up.

1. Dr Emoto - another intention experimenter who grows the ugliest ice crystals and calls them beautiful. Yes, I have read about his claims and find them to be without merit.

2. Korotkov - pushes Kirlian photography and GDV, gas discharge visualization. The latter being some sort of camera used in some form of alternative medical diagnosis. We might want to use the label scientist here very loosely since science does not seem to be his game.

[/size][/font]

The changing molecular structure line is what is known as a non sequitur. It does not follow from the preceding statements.

The paragraph that follows is simply not true. Water in cytoplasm is not highly structured. The 8 forms of ice are highly structured. Water in general is not. There are exceptions such as that found along the surfaces of hydrophilic surfaces. Water can form quasi-crystalline structures many molecules thick.

You skip this. :tu:

http://theintentionexperiment.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/germination-experiment.pdf

Big Bad Voodoo