Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

THIS is why I believe justice should be swift

MacsMom

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/13/the-gruesome-story-of-a-murdered-tennessee-couple-you-may-have-never-heard-about-but-that-you-will-never-forget/

Channon Christian and Christopher Newsome deserve justice.

Call me crazy, call me cold hearted and call me cruel, but there is nothing on this earth that anyone could do to those 5 criminals that I would consider too harsh. Justice should be swift. This appeal game that they're playing is ridiculous.

• Like 1

Another brutal crime swept under the rug by the MSM. Golly, wonder why?

Seriously, one meteor. That's all it would take.

• Like 3

I saw this story, earlier.... :no:

And no, no punishment would be too harsh for those feral animals...

• Like 2

I haven't read the article, so I don't know what they did or what this is all about. I was about to read it but then I noticed the hypocrisy.

Call me crazy, call me cold hearted and call me cruel, but there is nothing on this earth that anyone could do to those 5 criminals that I would consider too harsh. Justice should be swift. This appeal game that they're playing is ridiculous.

Didn't you just say you believe in Justice? Now you are saying that it is ok to give out a greater punishment than the damage that their actions created...

It is incredibly frustrating to the point of anger when we hear of such cases, and you are not cold-hearted or cruel, MacsMom, but are reacting as any decent person should react - with the utmost disgust for the perpetrators and the horror they were capable of inflicting upon innocent people.

Unfortunately we cannot expect people (and I use that term with some hesitation) such as these to "play by the rules" or act with any kind of honour or dignity if they are given an opportunity to escape justice or play the system.

I feel such sympathy for the families of the victims. Justice is indeed cruel for them.

• Like 4

I haven't read the article, so I don't know what they did or what this is all about. I was about to read it but then I noticed the hypocrisy.

Didn't you just say you believe in Justice? Now you are saying that it is ok to give out a greater punishment than the damage that their actions created...

You need to read the article to see in great detail what those animals did to those two people. There is no way in hell other than perhaps drawing and quartering them, that could come close to the torture and torment they put those people through before they finally killed them. And I'm saying the punishment should fit the crime. THAT is justice.

Just more whipping up blood lust. They are just delaying their punishments, they aren't out walking the streets. You might be opposed to the idea of the appeals process but if you ever wound up in prison due to a miscarriage of justice you'd instantly change your tune.

And 'swept under the rug?' It's from 2007, before Obama and the New Black Panthers staged their coup on white America. If they'd made it into a big news story back then the right wing media wouldn't be able to politicize the issue. As far as I'm concerned Beck doesn't give a damn about the murder victims, he's just a horrible squawking vulture who exists only to make money and spread ignorance.

How could one give out 'greater punishment' that what was done to that couple?

I could care less about 'justice' in this case, as it can never ever be served.

Revenge? that's infinitily more appealing.

• Like 2

You need to read the article to see in great detail what those animals did to those two people. There is no way in hell other than perhaps drawing and quartering them, that could come close to the torture and torment they put those people through before they finally killed them. And I'm saying the punishment should fit the crime. THAT is justice.

There is no punishment fit for this crime, MacsMom. Because no-one would miss these pond-life, but the victims are missed terribly every day and their families - by having to repeatedly be reminded of the horror their children, brother, sister, etc went through - are being tortured over and over again.

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 2

Just more whipping up blood lust. They are just delaying their punishments, they aren't out walking the streets. You might be opposed to the idea of the appeals process but if you ever wound up in prison due to a miscarriage of justice you'd instantly change your tune.

They aren't appealing because of a "miscarriage of justice". They are appealing on the basis that the JUDGE overseeing the case had a drug problem. They were still convicted by a jury.

• Like 1

And I'm not opposed to the appeals process and I think an automatic appeal in death penalty cases is good. What I AM opposed to is people that abuse the system simply because they do not want to held accountable for their actions and will try every trick in the book to get out of it. Or shady lawyers who want the publicity. Or convicts that file for themselves simply because they have nothing better to do.

I remember one case we studied where a prisoner filed because there was no orange jello offered in the cafeteria and he didn't like strawberry. Frivolous, yes, but someone still has to officially file it, review it, assign it a number, blah blah. No, this isn't an appeal, but he was citing cruel and unusual punishment. Just another system bog.

Edited by MacsMom

Having just read the article, I find this beyond disgusting.

Can't opinion if was a "race-hate" crime or what, but the brutality speaks very loud.

Glad the police caught those perverted, sick, twisted animals.

• Like 2