Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Disappearing Object Phenomena

stevemagegod

Okay guys recently i experienced DOP. I started a new job working at my local Rite Aid Store as a cashier, and i didn't know where everything was at the time. So i asked my boss to put my lunch in the back room fridge. When i went back to eat my lunch i couldn't find it. I looked all throughout the fridge and couldn't find it so i assumed someone ate my lunch then threw it away. I asked my fellow co workers if they touched anything and they said they didn't. So i just let it go.

Now recently i read something on the internet regarding this type of Phenomena and they said that if there are any Spirits/Nature Spirits there than you have to acknowledge that they are there. When my lunch disappeared it was my first day at work. I have been eating my lunch in the same place for about a month since i started working there and i have been looking in the fridge ever since and every time i could never find it. Now what's weird about this coincidence is after i read this i had a strange experience at my local wegmans where a loaf of bread flew off the shelf when no one else was around.

So the next day i was at my work telling my co worker about this and she said that one of the loafs of bread fly off here as well. She told me she saw it happen twice. After she told me that i told her i saw a Shadow Person when i was closing up one day with another manager and no one was in the store. And there are no other windows in the store that could create a shadow from a passing by car. Also every now and then when i am standing up there waiting for the next customer i feel my shirt in the back get tugged. I told her both of these experiences and then when i went on to my lunch break i happen to find my lunch in the fridge. I was dumbfounded because i have looked there ever since day 1. And then i thought perhaps by talking about the shadow person out loud that was a form of acknowledging whatever Spirit/Nature Spirit is at my Rite Aide location and decided to return my belongings.

What do you guys think of this type of phenomena?

• Like 1

Naturally I'd kinda go with this after loosing so many socks, but in all honesty I think one of your coworkers was just a dick and snagged a free meal. As for the bread, it tends to expand and contract a lot do the temperature and moisture levels, so try not to pack it on the shelves so tightly, if it continues to "fly" off the shelves, you can rule that out.

Okay guys recently i experienced DOP. I started a new job working at my local Rite Aid Store as a cashier, and i didn't know where everything was at the time. So i asked my boss to put my lunch in the back room fridge. When i went back to eat my lunch i couldn't find it. I looked all throughout the fridge and couldn't find it so i assumed someone ate my lunch then threw it away. I asked my fellow co workers if they touched anything and they said they didn't. So i just let it go.

Now recently i read something on the internet regarding this type of Phenomena and they said that if there are any Spirits/Nature Spirits there than you have to acknowledge that they are there. When my lunch disappeared it was my first day at work. I have been eating my lunch in the same place for about a month since i started working there and i have been looking in the fridge ever since and every time i could never find it. Now what's weird about this coincidence is after i read this i had a strange experience at my local wegmans where a loaf of bread flew off the shelf when no one else was around.

So the next day i was at my work telling my co worker about this and she said that one of the loafs of bread fly off here as well. She told me she saw it happen twice. After she told me that i told her i saw a Shadow Person when i was closing up one day with another manager and no one was in the store. And there are no other windows in the store that could create a shadow from a passing by car. Also every now and then when i am standing up there waiting for the next customer i feel my shirt in the back get tugged. I told her both of these experiences and then when i went on to my lunch break i happen to find my lunch in the fridge. I was dumbfounded because i have looked there ever since day 1. And then i thought perhaps by talking about the shadow person out loud that was a form of acknowledging whatever Spirit/Nature Spirit is at my Rite Aide location and decided to return my belongings.

I'm 50/50. Maybe an entity around, maybe not.

The lunch was taken. Many scenarios possible other than disappearance. Don't trust other people with your stuff.

If your lunch keep disappearing, you can test whether one of your co-workers is stealing it by setting a trap. Perhaps a little harmless food dye?

Mention that you suspect your lunch is being taken (but not the paranormal theories) to the management as well (if you haven't already.)

As for the bread, I'd go with DecoNoir's suggestion. Basically, try to eliminate mundane explanations, before leaping to a supernatural/paranormal possibility.

Could be anything at this point. I think you have to do some more investigation, to eliminate the possibilities.

Naturally I'd kinda go with this after loosing so many socks, but in all honesty I think one of your coworkers was just a dick and snagged a free meal. As for the bread, it tends to expand and contract a lot do the temperature and moisture levels, so try not to pack it on the shelves so tightly, if it continues to "fly" off the shelves, you can rule that out.

The only problem is is that when i found my lunch nothing was taken. It was in the same condition the day i brought it there. Thats why i was dumbfounded. Because i looked in the spot that it was in before and never found it.

Perhaps it was a light lunch? Very light lunches sometimes just fly away with the wind. Were any windows open? My advice is to load your next lunch with turkey, mayo, bacon, and other artery clogging goodness. This will make it less likely to be blow away in a slight breeze.

• Like 2

Okay guys recently i experienced DOP. I started a new job working at my local Rite Aid Store as a cashier, and i didn't know where everything was at the time. So i asked my boss to put my lunch in the back room fridge.

You asked your boss to put your lunch in the fridge for you?

Possibly a passive aggressive boss having a free lunch.

Your boss ate your lunch and your store needs to invest in a sturdy new bread shelf, case closed?

Around my house we just say the duendes (little people) took it and know that sooner or later it will reappear. And we make an offering of candy & sweets to them, so they'll stop trying to get our attention. There could be any number of other valid explanations, but this one appeals to our sense of humor and allows us to shrug it off and quit obsessing about finding it. And we really do believe that entities exist in other dimensions that interact with us, based on numerous personal experiences. So we smudge, build altars, and let the child in us come out & play. It creates balance in our lives, I believe.

• Like 1