Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Penkridge UFO crash

UM-Bot

Lee Brickley: One of the more famous UFO cases associated with Cannock Chase happened in the spring of 1964, and involved an unidentified craft that reportedly blew up in the skies over mainland Europe. A small part of the craft landed in West Germany and another much larger part landed close to the small town of Penkridge. It is alleged that three bodies were recovered from the crash site at Cocksparrow Lane by both RAF and NATO intelligence services.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article
  • Like 1

Did you know that 'cocksparrow' means a c*** and bull story/bull****/lies/rubbish, just saying.

Did you know that 'cocksparrow' means a c*** and bull story/bull****/lies/rubbish, just saying.

Nope, I didn't. :(

(Hope you and yours are healthy and hearty, Belial. :) )

• Like 2

I had never heard of that word before, so I got to looking what a 'cocksparrow' is.

I found these:

http://oxforddiction...sh/c***-sparrow

http://en.wiktionary...ki/c***-sparrow

http://www.merriam-w...ry/c*** sparrow

[media=]

[/media]

http://www.urbandict...rm=c*** sparrow

http://www.collinsdi...sh/c***-sparrow

From what I gather it seems to be a term of endearment; though, I can see how it would be capable of possessing two different meanings and well possibly more!

Words are awesome...aren't they?

:clap:

Oh yes, to add: The video is cringe-worthy kinda. I mean, I was never good at understanding drunken slurrs. Feel free to translate and let me know! Private messages are acceptable!

Edited by Asadora
  • Like 1

Oh yes, to add: The video is cringe-worthy kinda. I mean, I was never good at understanding drunken slurrs. Feel free to translate and let me know! Private messages are acceptable!

The Wee c*** Sparra

A wee c*** sparra sat on a tree,

Chirpin awa as blithe as could be.

Alang came a boy wi'a bow and an arra,

Alang came a boy wi'a bow and an arra,

And he said: 'I'll get ye, ye wee c*** sparra.'

The boy wi' the arra let fly at the sparra,

The boy wi' the arra let fly at the sparra,

And he hit a man that was hurlin' a barra.

The man wi' the barra cam owre wi' the arra,

The man wi' the barra cam owre wi' the arra,

And said: 'Ye take me for a wee c*** sparra?'

The man hit the boy, tho he wasne his farra,

The man hit the boy, tho he wasne his farra.

And the boy stood and glowered; he was hurt tae the marra.

And a' this time the wee c*** sparra,

And a' this time the wee c*** sparra,

Was chirpin awa on the shank o' the barra.

:)

Meaning of unusual words:

arra=arrow

sparra=sparrow

barra=barrow

farra=father

marra=marrow

shank=leg

Source:
Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 1

Nope, I didn't. :(

(Hope you and yours are healthy and hearty, Belial. :) )

Yeah fine thanks old fruit, i meant to pm you saying hi, but never got to it sorry brother.

Hows things in your half of the globe?

• Like 1

Yeah fine thanks old fruit, i meant to pm you saying hi, but never got to it sorry brother.

Hows things in your half of the globe?

Same old, same old.

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 1

Same old, same old.

I hear that :cry:

• Like 1

I have lived in Cannock my whole life and once lived on the border of the chase and never saw anything :( being the second hottest spot for UFO sightings naturally I'm disappointed. Whether its the trees playing tricks, or the various ocular malformities caused by a population open to inbreeding, their has been many a sighting of strange goings on in the chase. Whether this is ture I'm unsure, as this account is quite dubious (and coxsparrow lane is a very tight lane of only about 50 meters, so quite a precise landing if there ever was one). Let us not forget the tale of the man who talk his dog for a walk near the chase and saw a dinosaur (diplodicus, apparently) although he was blind in one eye, he was sure he saw it...

...if its been seen near the chase, its probably not real...

• Like 1

It's really too bad that his film was confiscated, I would really love to have seen these photos. I've read that Britain has there fair share of sightings, evidence and abductions. I do not underestimate the British government's ability to deal with UFO's much in the same way the good o'l USA does.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I heard these kind of stories whilst growing up (being from Staffordshire).  I am curious as to the sources which caused this story to surface, and where are these alledged reports now.  I would also hope that, with all of the mockery this kind of topic and debate already attracts, we would not focus on the nameof the location (Cocksparrow lane).  As someone pointed out, this is a relatively small road but it is likely this is the closest access point (another report I read had the alledged incident at Pottal pool road, which would suggest the incident could have happened in the open land between these 2 roads, possible the area now occupied by the golf course.  I have spent many evenings / days looking into the reported phenomena on Cannock Chase, and I have only ever witnessed one potential 'paranormal' experience (which was not ariel phenomena) over there.

• Like 1

Why are we looking at a four year old dead thread?

The topic is not dead, and the age of the thread is just a number...  Unless there are now clear answers, this is still very much a live mystery is it not?