Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The humanzee, (human and chimp mix?)

seeder

A Human Chimp?

Ive only just stumbled over this story. A chimp that baffled science, and with many CT theories saying he was an experimental hybrid human/chimp. All vids posted are the complete program so watch in order!!

A wiki

"Oliver was acquired as a young animal (around 2 years old[3]) in 1960 by trainers Frank and Janet Berger. Supposedly, the chimpanzee had been caught in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (then Republic of the Congo).[citation needed] Some physical and behavioral evidence led the Bergers to believe Oliver was a creature other than a chimpanzee, perhaps a human-chimp hybrid: Oliver possessed a flatter face than his fellow chimpanzees; Oliver was habitually bipedal (before being struck with arthritis), never walking on his knuckles like his chimpanzee peers; and Oliver may have preferred human females over chimpanzee females.[3] During a December 16, 2006 Discovery Channel special, Janet Berger herself claimed that Oliver was becoming attracted to her when he reached the age of 16.[4] He mounted her and tried to mate with her. After he tried it several times it became apparent that Oliver was a threat to Janet, and had to be sold.

* snip *

Edited by Saru
Video removed due to copyright
  • Like 2

wasn't there a DNA test done when he died? Proving that he was "just" an ordinary chimpanzee? Saving us from all the unsettling images that pop up in my head when i have to think of his origins otherwise???

EDIT:

pheew, there it is: http://members.tripod.com/world_freedom/id8.html

Edited by Jacques Terreur
  • Like 3

Poor Oliver. :( He only wanted some more.

Bwahahaha, Twisted!

• Like 2

OK Ive just come back to this and have seen the vids were removed for copyright....hmmm so no-one has seen him then?

Please click this link and at least watch all of part one, short vid, Ive made the link so the vid wont show here

if you enjoy part one just search YT for the other 5 parts, all easily found

Plus I realise now I didnt set a link to wiki - now done

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanzee

http://en.wikipedia....er_(chimpanzee)

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

wasn't there a DNA test done when he died? Proving that he was "just" an ordinary chimpanzee? Saving us from all the unsettling images that pop up in my head when i have to think of his origins otherwise???

EDIT:

pheew, there it is: http://members.tripod.com/world_freedom/id8.html

The link Jacques posted says that tests done on Oliver showed he was a regular chimpanzee, not a hybrid of any kind. He might have been some kind of a mutant.

• Like 3

The link Jacques posted says that tests done on Oliver showed he was a regular chimpanzee, not a hybrid of any kind. He might have been some kind of a mutant.

yes of course he was a regular chimp....sort of. The 'stories' will always arise when people see things they cant comprehend

• Like 1

I remember a documentary years ago about this. For the life of me I can't remember quite what it was, but sometype of genetic disorder causing him to have paler skin and relative hairlessness. I'll see what I can dig up.

• Like 1

yes of course he was a regular chimp....sort of. The 'stories' will always arise when people see things they cant comprehend

Just thought it'd be best to clear out any confusion. People might start announcing this as proof of a chimp-human hybrid when it's not.

I actually wonder if it's possible for such a hybrid to exist.

• Like 1

Ugh. This reminds me of those creepy stories of some Russian doctor trying to breed humans and gorillas to make a mutant, unstoppable army.

Edited by phantasia
  • Like 2

Just thought it'd be best to clear out any confusion. People might start announcing this as proof of a chimp-human hybrid when it's not.

I actually wonder if it's possible for such a hybrid to exist.

I read about some Russian scientist back in the 30's doing experiments trying to make a hybrid(without success), supposedly to try to breed a race of super-soldiers. I think it's highly unlikely offspring could be produced in the natural way but with modern genetics I'm sure it could be done
  • Like 1

COOL

• Like 1

COOL

hehe, did you check the first vid? How he strolls in the room on 2 legs?

• Like 1

hehe, did you check the first vid? How he strolls in the room on 2 legs?

yeah its crazy

• Like 1

Ah well I found another, Human this time, the story is his mother was raped by bigfoot, :lol: and then gave birth to this man. Personally I just think he is mentally retarded in some way

[media=]

[/media]

a bit like in that old classic movie about circus freaks

portrait.jpg

schlitzie01.jpg

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

yeah Id have to agree, its unfortunate

• Like 1

But on the subject of deformed humans, my fave is the Ostrich People of Zimbabwe

2toed2.jpg

2toed1.jpg

2toed3.jpg

doma-people-ostrich-footed5.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vadoma

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVo9JPKxUT0

Edited by seeder

With the ostrich people tho, their story is one of a closed society and no marriages outside the clan, so inbreeding basically. But it also serves to illustrate the gene mutations that 'can' take place in human lives/evolution.... under certain conditions

• Like 1

man I cant even imagine how hard it would be to be lobster boy

man I cant even imagine how hard it would be to be lobster boy

the first Edward Scissor Hands...

sort of

Ugh. This reminds me of those creepy stories of some Russian doctor trying to breed humans and gorillas to make a mutant, unstoppable army.

I read about some Russian scientist back in the 30's doing experiments trying to make a hybrid(without success), supposedly to try to breed a race of super-soldiers. I think it's highly unlikely offspring could be produced in the natural way but with modern genetics I'm sure it could be done

I've actually never heard of this before. I thought I might know some stuff about something like that.

I'm glad the hybrids never worked out. The idea of an army of super-soldier humanzees is very unsettling to say the least...

All the other deformities creep me out a bit too, but I always found them to be interesting. Like twins with two heads but one body, or the guy who had a third leg.

Edited by Domina Lucis
  • Like 2