Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Culling thousands of badgers today

Commander CMG

• Officers preparing for clashes between farmers and animal rights groups
  • 'Wounded badger patrols' will storm sites and force shooters to hold fire
  • Cull is attempt to tackle bovine tuberculosis - transmitted by badgers
  • Farmers believe killing animals is the only way to protect their livelihood
  • But the plans critcised by animal rights groups and many celebrities

arrow3.gifView: Read more

• Like 1

Oh, I thought you meant that was what you were going to do today. "What will you be doing today? off down the Pub?" "No, I think I'll cull thousands of badgers".

:unsure2:

• Like 2

Anyway, this is all ridiculous, isn't it. They can't even prove that it is spread by the Badgers, but it's just typical of the clumsy kneejerk response you always expect from Governments. "They might spread TB; so let's slaughter them all". The same sort of approach to the "kill them all, some are bound the be the enemy" adopted by some military leaders.

• Like 3

A recent Opinion Poll was in favour of Vacination instead of culling,but I guess it doesnt matter what the ordinary Joe thinks,the Police State (U.K.)will do as they please.

• Like 4

The majority of the farmers around my way are not up for this at all....in fact I do some occasional work for one and when I asked him about it a few months back he didn't even think there was a problem. He certainly won't be out killing badgers today. I doubt many will be around here.

• Like 3

Our great leaders love a bit of slaughter. I still have clear images in my mind from the great cattle slaughter in the early 90s. Today they come for the badgers, who will be next.

• Like 3

Not on my land, they're not! I've not yet received any notification. But if I do, then they're not going to get a free ride!

And if it's proved that it's the other way round as it's been suggested - that cattle are infecting badgers - will we see a repeat of how well HM Government handled the BSE outbreaks? I wouldn't trust that mob to make a success of a jellied-eel stall on Dymchurch beach!

• Like 3

I hope the badgers all run and hide, thus depriving the would-be badger killers of their fun.

• Like 1

I hope the badgers all run and hide, thus depriving the would-be badger killers of their fun.

Not an option - I imagine the Ministry men (I refuse to call them huntsmen) will 'gas' the setts.

• Like 1