Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Korean plastic surg fad

Simbi Laveau

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2013/08/24/smile-lipt-surgery-promises-to-make-you-smile-even-if-you-dont-want-to/

Korea is just obsessed with plastic surgery.The latest is smile , no matter how you feel.

Well its not horrid, but I find it weird.I assume it looks completely bizarre if youre crying , or at a funeral.

• Like 2

Personally, I think it's as creepy as can be. The human face is supposed to be able to convey a range of emotions, not a perpetual fake smile.

• Like 2

In the first photo the results looked odd, but on some of the others, it's not bad. Like all plastic surgery, "results will vary!"... Some surgeons are artists, and some I'm not sure if they have

any skills at all and should have their license revoked.

• Like 1

It reminds me of a an old Classic Comic of the 1960s or 70s of a book by Victor Hugo,The Man Who Laughs.At least I think that's the title. Its about a man who as a child was either kidnapped or sold to the gypsys or some vagabonds. They cut the corners of his mouth so he has a perpetual smile.They do it so he will beg money for them. Eventually he grows up. I don't recall the rest of the story. I used to love the comic versions of famous books.Wish I had them now,they'd be worth some money.

• Like 1

Plastic surgeons with plastic hearts,

build plastic people from plastic parts.

• Like 3

Why change how you were intended to look? Why make your eyes bigger to look more western? Why create a permanent smile???

There are many moments when smiling is wrong, this is why we have so many different facial expressions...to use them when the situation arises.

• Like 1

It reminds me of a an old Classic Comic of the 1960s or 70s of a book by Victor Hugo,The Man Who Laughs.At least I think that's the title. Its about a man who as a child was either kidnapped or sold to the gypsys or some vagabonds. They cut the corners of his mouth so he has a perpetual smile.They do it so he will beg money for them. Eventually he grows up. I don't recall the rest of the story. I used to love the comic versions of famous books.Wish I had them now,they'd be worth some money.

Its actually a really good silent movie too.

Was the basis of the Joker

If you want to smile more, smile more.

This is stupid and insanely shallow.