Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cities to be drowned by rising seas by 2100

Saru

A leaked report from the IPCC has painted a grim picture of the future implications of climate change.

Their findings indicate that human activities are indeed behind the temperature rises observed over the last few decades and that sea levels are likely to rise by up to three feet by the end of the century if nothing is done to bring down harmful greenhouse gas emissions.

Source: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/253564/cities-to-be-drowned-by-rising-seas-by-2100

I'd be very surprised if an organization called 'The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change' came to any other conclusion! The longer they can come up with bad news, the longer their pay-cheques continue!

Edited by ealdwita
  • Like 3

It's funny how the government can control weather so with that in mind it doesn't shock me about drowing cities in the future.As far as getting pay checks all the cover ups cost us money to keep secrets away from us ....damn somebody stuck us for our papers.

• Like 1

I'd be very surprised if an organization called 'The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change' came to any other conclusion! The longer they can come up with bad news, the longer their pay-cheques continue!

The IPCC has an extremely small permanent secretariat (one of the smallest of any international body), the scientists who contribute do so free of charge in addition to their academic responsibilities to their employers. Most of them would gladly give it up so that they could concentrate on their real work.

You are so far off the mark on this that its beyond funny. To much listening to the right wing loons I suspect.

Br Cornelius

Didn't the sites of paleolithic Indians disappear long ago - swamped by rising sea levels a couple thousand years ago? Hasn't Venice been endanger of being swallowed by rising tides almost from its inception?

Didn't the sites of paleolithic Indians disappear long ago - swamped by rising sea levels a couple thousand years ago? Hasn't Venice been endanger of being swallowed by rising tides almost from its inception?

Venice is sinking, not the same thing at all.

The period directly after the last ice age saw massive rises in sea level which flooded all coastal settlements. This carried on for at least a few thousand years.

Br Cornelius

Cities to be drowned by rising seas by 2100, says a leaked report? :lol:

• Like 8

Yawn, again climate change, boring.

• Like 2

Yawn, again climate change, boring.

Eh? Your moniker says youre in the Netherlands, a countrty barely above sea level with much of its land reclaimed from the sea to start with, so it'll be one of the first to seriously suffer a raise in water levels, Check your historic flooding data here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floods_in_the_Netherlands

So the population will get pushed onto less land. Another reason for population control.

• Like 1

The IPCC has an extremely small permanent secretariat (one of the smallest of any international body), the scientists who contribute do so free of charge in addition to their academic responsibilities to their employers. Most of them would gladly give it up so that they could concentrate on their real work.

You are so far off the mark on this that its beyond funny. To much listening to the right wing loons I suspect.

Br Cornelius

The chairman is not a scientist, he is an economist. That speaks volumes for their intentions, especially when one considers all their offered solutions involve some kind of wealth transfer from first world to third world, brokered by the UN, of course whose last success, if you are a crook, was the oil for food programl. Billions of dollars spread around to all the bad guys and UN players in that debacle and of course no one was imprisoned. Even more eyebrow raising is the worst actors such as China and India, are exempted! After the trillions of dollars are treansferred and teh economies of many first world countries are devastated, the global temperature will be about .4 degrees C lower after 100 years. So much for the IPCC. What a load of crap.

• Like 1

The chairman is not a scientist, he is an economist. That speaks volumes for their intentions, especially when one considers all their offered solutions involve some kind of wealth transfer from first world to third world, brokered by the UN, of course whose last success, if you are a crook, was the oil for food programl. Billions of dollars spread around to all the bad guys and UN players in that debacle and of course no one was imprisoned. Even more eyebrow raising is the worst actors such as China and India, are exempted! After the trillions of dollars are treansferred and teh economies of many first world countries are devastated, the global temperature will be about .4 degrees C lower after 100 years. So much for the IPCC. What a load of crap.

Merc, do you believe you have 20 times the right to emit pollution than the average African ? Is that your right as an entitled first world citizen.

Do you think that the average Indian, Chinese person or African person is the cause of the problems despite the fact that they emit less than 10% of the pollution that you personally do ?

Do you believe that they should be locked into fuel and lifestyle poverty to preserve your rights to luxury ?

All relevant questions when considering who is most responsible and who has earnt the right to shoulder most of the burden of solving the problems of affluence.

I don't suppose you have even considered such things.

Br Cornelius

One depressing prediction after another. Chemtrails and HAARP to control the weather, predictions of humans with HUGE eyes or just living brains in a jars one wonders what the point in life is anymore. Now global warming/cooling is back in the picture. I think I will just go back to bed.....

• Like 1

So the population will get pushed onto less land. Another reason for population control.

Nah, we just build up. Like the Jetsons.

20 Yrs ago they told us this would be happening now. Liars.

• Like 1

Reference ? Source ? or just you memory :yes:

Br Cornelius

I forgot to use my sarcasm font

There have been many dire predictions over the years. This link is for the people who don't remember when global cooling was being touted as our biggest threat.

http://www.canadafre...atson021307.htm

• Like 1

There have been many dire predictions over the years. This link is for the people who don't remember when global cooling was being touted as our biggest threat.

http://www.canadafre...atson021307.htm

I can point you to a study which shows that at the time of the "global cooling" threat there were far more studies showing the imminent global warming threat. This is based on analysis of the actual published studies rather than the media hysteria generated by the flawed "global cooling" study.

If you consume all your science knowledge through the papers don't be surprised that you get things wrong more than you get them right.

Br Cornelius

I can point you to a study which shows that at the time of the "global cooling" threat there were far more studies showing the imminent global warming threat. This is based on analysis of the actual published studies rather than the media hysteria generated by the flawed "global cooling" study.

If you consume all your science knowledge through the papers don't be surprised that you get things wrong more than you get them right.

Br Cornelius

The point is that there has been a lot of crap crammed down our throats over the years and It's difficult for the average joe to wade through all of the misinformation out there. All of the insults in the world are not going to make it any clearer and crying wolf again and again has made many people wary of the so called "experts".

Merc, do you believe you have 20 times the right to emit pollution than the average African ? Is that your right as an entitled first world citizen.

Do you think that the average Indian, Chinese person or African person is the cause of the problems despite the fact that they emit less than 10% of the pollution that you personally do ?

Do you believe that they should be locked into fuel and lifestyle poverty to preserve your rights to luxury ?

All relevant questions when considering who is most responsible and who has earnt the right to shoulder most of the burden of solving the problems of affluence.

I don't suppose you have even considered such things.

Br Cornelius

Strawman arguments. Prove to me man is causing what little warming there is and we can talk. Prove to me your models are accurate, something that has been woefully lacking to date and we can talk. As for your strawman arguments, do better.