Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The US, GB & Israel Used Chemical Weapons

Phaeton80

'The U.S., Britain and Israel have Used Chemical Weapons within the Last 10 Years..'

Posted on August 27, 2013 by WashingtonsBlog

Those Condemning Syria Have Themselves Recently Used Chemical Weapons

We condemn all use of chemical weapons.

But the U.S. used chemical weapons against civilians in Iraq in 2004. Evidence here, here, here, here, here, here.

Israeli also used white phosphorous in 2009 during “Operation Cast Lead” (and perhaps subsequently). Israel ratified Protocol III of Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons (“Protocol III”) – which outlaws the use of incendiary devices in war – in 2007. So this was a war crime.

Moreover, the 1925 Geneva Protocol (which is different from Protocol III) prohibits “the use in war of asphyxiating, poisonous or other gases”.

http://www.washingto...st-8-years.html

Edited by Phaeton80
  • Like 6

Yeah, but none of that matters because they're the Good Guys TM

The Good Guys TM can do Bad Things TM because they do them for the Right Reasons TM

Not like those evil Bad Guys TM

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 9

I thought this was gonna be a more recent example. Like, say, August 2013 in Damascus.......

• Like 1

Yeah, but none of that matters because they're the Good Guys TM

The Good Guys TM can do Bad Things TM because they do them for the Right Reasons TM

Not like those evil Bad Guys TM

Exactly.

I just cant believe the people who are cheering the US on, yet again. Whasnt it the lovely Bush Jr. who said..

Completely blindsided, biased / conditioned, and not hindered by any sense of (recent) history. Its insane.

I would not be surprised these fanatical supporters of the US foreign policy think this will be another Iraq or Afghanistan. Nothing is further from the truth. And they will experience that themselves when the proverbial sh* hits the fan.

The recent lies and attempts at war regarding Syria could very well push us all into WWIII, with all the death & suffering that comes with it. After such an event, the world will never be thesame.

Id even pose it will mark the end of the USA.

• Like 2

I seem to remmeber the Dutch sold chemical weapons to Iraq.....oh dear surely thats also breaking the Geneva convention

• Like 1

I seem to remmeber the Dutch sold chemical weapons to Iraq.....oh dear surely thats also breaking the Geneva convention

If you think I am as fanatical in my support of my nation like some Americans are concerning theirs, you are mistaken. I oppose my government, as I can differentiate between some clique of well paid puppets with

what my nation stands for, and the People it constitutes.

I hope this concept doesnt fry your brain, as it seems so very hard to grasp for conditioned individuals like somany here.

• Like 1

Willy Pete, Depleted Uranium, and Agent Orange are not chemical weapons - as in WMDs.

Saying they are is nothing more than an anti-war, liberal pipe dream.

• Like 2

Willy Pete, Depleted Uranium, and Agent Orange are not chemical weapons - as in WMDs.

Saying they are is nothing more than an anti-war, liberal pipe dream.

So, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck - it's a chicken?

• Like 2

Agree with rafterman. White Phosphorous is not a chemical weapon. It is fired everyday in Afghanistan...by both sides.

Edited by Agent0range

Hmm... let me guess... some petty dictator has been caught using WMD and now comes the "but everybody else dunnit too" excuse?

Edited by questionmark
  • Like 4

Hmm... let me guess... some petty dictator has been caught using WMD and now comes the "but everybody else dunnit too" excuse?

Assad has only been 'caught using WMD's' in the minds of gullible fools. Fools whom get played over, and over, and over, and over (..ad infinitum). Even passionately defending the entity who sends their sons and daughters to die based on abundantly proven lies. Its like cheering on the one who is raping you and angrily yelling obscenities at those who are trying to point out you are being raped. Conditioning is a wonderful thing.

..Fools who approve the use of devilish substances like phosphor and depleted uranium, but scream bloody murder on some tendentious, flimsy, and highly illogical accusation of Syrian Sarin use without ANY real proof.

"Oh there's nothing wrong with phosphor, agent orange, or seeding a nation with DU - maming generations of children for the coming 10 decades or so. You must be one of those lefty liberalist Assad supporters.."

This is some crazy, irrational, dangerous bs. I do not understand you people, and pray to G*d you will some day see the sickly bias in your 'logic'.

• Like 2

So, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck - it's a chicken?

WP is such a "dangerous chemical weapon" that we fire it at ourselves - i.e. smoke screens.

Depleted Uranium isn't a "chemical weapon" by any stretch of the imagination.

Agent Orange WAS a defoliant used in Vietnam and while it may have had unintended consequences such as birth defects and cancers, it was never classified as a weapon, much less a chemical weapon. Heck, I used to work for a Vietnam Vet who told stories of being bathed in the stuff with no ill effects at the time (he did die of cancer though 40 years later).

Edited by Rafterman
  • Like 1

Assad has only been 'caught using WMD's' in the minds of gullible fools. Fools whom get played over, and over, and over, and over (..ad infinitum). Even passionately defending the entity who sends their sons and daughters to die based on abundantly proven lies. Its like cheering on the one who is raping you and angrily yelling obscenities at those who are trying to point out you are being raped. Conditioning is a wonderful thing.

..Fools who approve the use of devilish substances like phosphor and depleted uranium, but scream bloody murder on some tendentious, flimsy, and highly illogical accusation of Syrian Sarin use without ANY real proof.

"Oh there's nothing wrong with phosphor, agent orange, or seeding a nation with DU - maming generations of children for the coming 10 decades or so. You must be one of those lefty liberalist Assad supporters.."

This is some crazy, irrational, dangerous bs. I do not understand you people, and pray to G*d you will some day see the sickly bias in your 'logic'.

Walk through a WP smoke screen.

Walk through a field where DU rounds have been expended.

Go back in time and walk through a jungle where Agent Orange was utilized.

Now, go walk through a cloud of Sarin or Mustard Gas.

Tell me which ones are chemical weapons.

• Like 3

Walk through a WP smoke screen.

Walk through a field where DU rounds have been expended.

Go back in time and walk through a jungle where Agent Orange was utilized.

Now, go walk through a cloud of Sarin or Mustard Gas.

Tell me which ones are chemical weapons.

So you think using phophor, agent orange, and DU in the past sense while using sarin or mustard gas in the present will win you your argument?

You go stand in a phosphoric discharge..

You go and raise YOUR CHILDREN in a DU seeded area..

You go stand in an area where agent orange is about to be dropped..

Then tell me these are not inhumane, criminal, and very chemical / unnatural agents.

Cant believe you just said what you said. Unbelievable levels of disassociation, complete absence of a sense of reality..

• Like 1

Agree with rafterman. White Phosphorous is not a chemical weapon. It is fired everyday in Afghanistan...by both sides.

b.s. show at least 1 piece of evidence where aq, or tliban used WP

WP is such a "dangerous chemical weapon" that we fire it at ourselves - i.e. smoke screens.

Depleted Uranium isn't a "chemical weapon" by any stretch of the imagination.

Agent Orange WAS a defoliant used in Vietnam and while it may have had unintended consequences such as birth defects and cancers, it was never classified as a weapon, much less a chemical weapon. Heck, I used to work for a Vietnam Vet who told stories of being bathed in the stuff with no ill effects at the time (he did die of cancer though 40 years later).

White Phosporous is, and has been used as a chemical weapon. That it can also be used to make smokescreens is irrelevant to that.

Depleted Uranium is a chemical weapon. It is also a radiological weapon. The reason it is both is because it is the dust created by the firing and impact of, and some also say the handling of, DU ammunition that causes the substance to infiltrate the body where it causes harm through it's radioactivity. A nuclear weapon, by contrast, relies on blast force and radioactivity whereas a radiological weapon relies just on radioactivity.

Agent Orange, and any carcinogenic, when used against human beings is a chemical weapon. That it may not have been known, or publicised, as being carcinogenic does not mitigate that.

• Like 1

b.s. show at least 1 piece of evidence where aq, or tliban used WP

Well I could just say that I have been on the receiving end of white phosphorus mortars in Afghanistan, but for some reason I think you wouldn't believe me...so here you go.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/05/19/afghanistan.white.phosphorus/

• Like 1

So you think using phophor, agent orange, and DU in the past sense while using sarin or mustard gas in the present will win you your argument?

I am not interested in stooping into your bizarre world of conspiracies. Just a little reality check: white phosphorus is not a chemical weapon. And it was not used as weapon in Gaza, as claimed by the Hamas propagandaist, but is part of tracer rounds.

Edited by Zaphod222

I know, I know.... The USA stance is hypocritical, I must say.

I believe there is a passage in the Art of War, (paraphrasing here) and it talks about how, people naturally have an aversion to war. So how do you get people to send off their children to a war, cheering them on, for a war they don't believe in or want? This is where propaganda comes in. And it works, every single time....

• Like 1

I am not interested in stooping into your bizarre world of conspiracies. Just a little reality check: white phosphorus is not a chemical weapon. And it was not used as weapon in Gaza, as claimed by the Hamas propagandaist, but is part of tracer rounds.

And that would be the Israeli propagandists who make this counter-claim?

Or are they not propagandists because they are Israeli?

• Like 1

- post removed -

Come on man! How about a heads up before posting stuff like that. I'm eating lunch here.

My apologies Papagiorgio. Yet, this is of such importance, a little dismay during dinner might be viewed as relatively meaningless. This is no Hollywood production.

• Like 1

I never understood the whole atrocity aspect of chemical weapons vs conventional weapons. Dead is dead.

Napalm is okay.

Nukes are okay.

Land mines are okay.

Flame throwers are okay.

But chemical weapons are bad?

Heck, when I was in desert storm, the army put bulldozer blades on tanks and used them to bury Iraqi Republican guard. http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19910912&slug=1305069

Buried alive is more humane than gassing them though right?

• Like 2

You go stand in a phosphoric discharge..

You go and raise YOUR CHILDREN in a DU seeded area..

You go stand in an area where agent orange is about to be dropped..

Then tell me these are not inhumane, criminal, and very chemical / unnatural agents.

Cant believe you just said what you said. Unbelievable levels of disassociation, complete absence of a sense of reality..

Rant and rave all you want, but at least be honest and stop moving the goal posts to include Willey Pete, DU, and Agent Orange as "chemical weapons". The only ones claiming they are chemical weapons are simply trying to drive a certain political agenda.

And, yes, I've stood in a "phosphoric discharge".

Have any of you seen the images of birth defects in Iraq and Afganistan? There is much evidence that it has to do with lead poisoning and depleted uranium munitions.....

This is not cool and this is not an acceptable way to win a war....the after effects will haunt this region forever....similar but far worse than the killing fields of Cambodia and Vietnam.....they have to deal with mines.....but they are a thing that can be found a dealt with.....

genetic damage due to depleted uranium rounds is a huge unknown....

I have seen the most horrible images of newborn children in Iraq and Afganistan....I cannot tell you how heartbreaking and ugly they are....it is a shame upon humanity....we caused this....we did this....and there is no cure.

For the record, my company patrolled a particular area of Iraq for 15 months. Within our area of operations was a walled community. That community contained hundreds of people with birth defects. Dwarfism, missing limbs (from birth), and countless other conditions. Most of these people were middle-aged and old-aged. I would hardly call their conditions a product of the United States.