Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

interesting object found on Google Mars

qxcontinuum

Why don't you tell us what you think a cluster of craters close together on Mars is something that belongs in the ET and UFO forum here? What has it got to do with extraterrestrials or unidentified flying objects? Overlapping craters are very common. What's so intriguing about this one that has you worked up about it?

I assume you've done an exhaustive search of every single crater on Mars from NASA archives in order to conclude that there is nothing like that on Mars. That must have taken you some time.

What would qualify as something similar? Something the same size with the same layout of crater in the same layout?

What about this row of overlapping craters?

weirdest-mars-craters-10-130507.jpg

What about the cluster of craters in the top right of this image?

weirdest-mars-craters-14-130507.jpg

I'll remind you that the reason it was posted here originally was because the poster didn't know what he was looking at and thought it was large round objects that had rolled into place because he was completely misreading. Even after it's been corrected, people are determined to say it's something anomalous.

Everyone is looking at a cluster of craters and people are declaring it some sort of fantastical find without being able to actually put into words what is so amazing about it.

edit: I'll post some later day back at my main computer (this netbook is crap), but if you think this is an example of strange features on Mars, then you haven't been looking hard enough. There are genuinely strange and beautiful features that can be found on the surface of Mars that blow this dull feature away.

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 1

1. for heaven's sake learn to quote only the parts you are replying to..

To clarify to ChrLzs, my previous statements were quite spot on.

Well, this latest post certainly clarified that you haven't a clue on this topic.

The NASA archive of impact craters on Mars doesn't have a database that can support anybody's claims that the topic's first page cluster of craters look just like other impact craters on the surface of Mars, exactly as they are usually easily recognized.

<sarcasm>Yes, I must concede that fully. I searched, and there was no database called "Database Supporting The Unexplained Mysteries Topic's First Page Cluster of Craters Look Just Like Other Impact Craters On the Surface of Mars, Exactly as They Are Usually Easily Recognized". I'm staggered - I just can't understand that omission - clearly they are hiding something.</sarcasm>

hence my reference to the NASA database there

But you DIDN'T refer to any database as far as I can see (I checked the last 4 pages, was it further back?), so what, precisely are you comparing this to? If you mean that HiRise site, it doesn't pretend to have databases to fulfill conspiracy theorists tinfoilhat needs - it caters for real scientists who know what they are doing.

Since you posted some photos of Mars' impact craters yourself then can you not see the obvious difference there, when compared to the photos on the first page of this topic ?

Ooh, yes, I know this one! None of them exactly matches! And of course there should, obviously, be something completely identical. No matter that they show clusters of impact craters. No matter that they show ejecta, some sprayed in lines, some as ill-defined 'clouds'. Oh, and of course the colours are different, and even though many of the images are falsely coloured for various reasons and to show various features, that means (to our space reptile) they aren't a match in any way. Forgive my sarcasm, but I'm truly sick of this sort of ridiculous argument from complete ignorance.

Then look closer and tell me if you still see what you imply that you see there is exactly the same as Mar's impact craters usually are.

At some point, and I won't hold my breath, how about you be a brave researcher, and put those differences into precise words.

Measurable differences, not meaningless time-wasting handwaving.

Differences you can point out with little arrows, and then we can respond by showing little arrows on all those other images of similar features.

Differences that you can describe in adult words, and that take into account different lighting, different colouring.. You know, sciency sort of stuff.

Go on, give it a shot, you've got nothing to lose, surely? Oh wait..

To clarify to ChrLzs, my previous statements were quite spot on. The NASA archive of impact craters on Mars doesn't have a database that can support anybody's claims that the topic's first page cluster of craters look just like other impact craters on the surface of Mars, exactly as they are usually easily recognized. Hence my reference to the NASA database there. Since you posted some photos of Mars' impact craters yourself then can you not see the obvious difference there, when compared to the photos on the first page of this topic ? Then look closer and tell me if you still see what you imply that you see there is exactly the same as Mar's impact craters usually are.

I'm no expert here but it would seem to me if there were several groupings of craters that were exactly the same that might be a bigger mystery than this
  • Like 1

Well as everyone else is posting strange pics...I wonder if qx is now prepared to see the truth THEY have all been protecting... there is a domed base - in a crater :lol:

3Ddetail_golfball.gif

1. for heaven's sake learn to quote only the parts you are replying to..

Well, this latest post certainly clarified that you haven't a clue on this topic.

<sarcasm>Yes, I must concede that fully. I searched, and there was no database called "Database Supporting The Unexplained Mysteries Topic's First Page Cluster of Craters Look Just Like Other Impact Craters On the Surface of Mars, Exactly as They Are Usually Easily Recognized". I'm staggered - I just can't understand that omission - clearly they are hiding something.</sarcasm>

But you DIDN'T refer to any database as far as I can see (I checked the last 4 pages, was it further back?), so what, precisely are you comparing this to? If you mean that HiRise site, it doesn't pretend to have databases to fulfill conspiracy theorists tinfoilhat needs - it caters for real scientists who know what they are doing.

Ooh, yes, I know this one! None of them exactly matches! And of course there should, obviously, be something completely identical. No matter that they show clusters of impact craters. No matter that they show ejecta, some sprayed in lines, some as ill-defined 'clouds'. Oh, and of course the colours are different, and even though many of the images are falsely coloured for various reasons and to show various features, that means (to our space reptile) they aren't a match in any way. Forgive my sarcasm, but I'm truly sick of this sort of ridiculous argument from complete ignorance.

At some point, and I won't hold my breath, how about you be a brave researcher, and put those differences into precise words.

Measurable differences, not meaningless time-wasting handwaving.

Differences you can point out with little arrows, and then we can respond by showing little arrows on all those other images of similar features.

Differences that you can describe in adult words, and that take into account different lighting, different colouring.. You know, sciency sort of stuff.

Go on, give it a shot, you've got nothing to lose, surely? Oh wait..

If you simply have to show off your own ignorant stupidity do that without the sarcasm. Your own post was a load of crap.

If you simply have to show off your own ignorant stupidity do that without the sarcasm. Your own post was a load of crap.

*sigh*

pearls-on-swine-24169895106.jpeg

Instead of the sarcasm and insults and vague commentary, why not just put what you want to say in clear precise English and say it.

What is it about this crater cluster that has you worked up and believing it's some sort of mysterious anomaly? Just what, if anything, are you arguing?

Hi all.

My first topic here.

Here is what I found last night on Google Mars .

It seems NASA was also interested in this particular object as the entire area was photographed closely with high-resolution cameras so the object is solid viewable. They are saying to be a "dark spot impact crater" but

not adding other info. The impact seems to be similar to a "plane crash on earth" a lot different than a natural meteorite which normally wouldn't affect the surroundings adding a darken texture to it. The coordinates can be seen in the nasa info screen . I've added a pinpoint with coordinates 0° 1'57.37"S 133° 5'31.29"W

ScreenShot2013-08-27at120449AM_zps62b6c7a5.png

ScreenShot2013-08-27at120541AM_zpsf2e7d06c.png

0deg157_zps4279b372.png

Did you also know that the huge Pyramid shape found on Mars (next to the face on Mars) also aligns PERFECTLY with the planets North and West pole just like the one here on earth?

Oh my, what a coincidence - NOT!

Did you also know that the huge Pyramid shape found on Mars (next to the face on Mars) also aligns PERFECTLY with the planets North and West pole just like the one here on earth?

Oh my, what a coincidence - NOT!

I think that you have been listening to that clown Richard C Hoagland a little to much. First of all, the "face" on Mars isnt really a face, at all. It only looked like it in the 1976 Viking photos because of shadows and poor quality.

Here are the Mars Global Surveyor High Res photos. http://www.msss.com/...face/index.html

The latest MOC image (April 8, 2001) and all of the available laser altimeter elevation measurements by MOLA http://science1.nasa...001/ast24may_1/

The laser altimetry data are perhaps even more convincing than overhead photos that the Face is natural. 3D elevation maps reveal the formation from any angle, unaltered by lights and shadow. There are no eyes, no nose, and no mouth!

As for your "pyramid",... Im guessing that you are talking about the one sometimes called D&M Pyramide at Cydonia(?) - and again, as you can see with new high res photos there is no "pyramid".

Sheep2_small.jpg

You, like many others before you, have been taken for a wild ride on Hoaglands Woo Woo train.

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 2

You win the prize for most eloquent and elegantly thought out argument this month. Congratulations. You win a fish.

Well, if that's a wall, it couldn't possibly have been made by Aliens. Call that incredible precision? :unsure2:

• Like 2

Well, if that's a wall, it couldn't possibly have been made by Aliens. Call that incredible precision? :unsure2:

and not vitrified either.... :td:

• Like 3

Cant wait until we step foot upon this Planet ! Then we can Talk about it !

:tu: justDONTEATUS

Considering how jagged and messy the edges and ridges of the D&M pyramid really are, it's impossible to say it aligns perfectly with north south or east west.

Also, what is a "west pole"?

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 2

Alien city - Cydonia.

Click for larger image.

cydonia_marsexpress_big.jpg

Edited by Hazzard