Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sp experiment. Real or fake?

Himawari69

Whoa, I haven't been on for some time, I've just been so busy with college, it's barely my first semester and I'm already whining >.< anyway, I've been having sp for quite some time, those of you who have read previous posts of mine would know they started ever sence I started practicing astral projection. I have gotten over my fear and its not so scarey anymore, it's just a bit unpleasant as I feel a pressure on my chest. I found that relaxing makes the vibrations cease as well. I have been doing more research on ap and came across a man who kept insisting ap was all in your head, and it wasnt real. I insisted it was real as the sensation of getting out of your body was very strong, even nauseating. However, this man said it was only dreaming, I was merely dreaming of getting sp and obe. So this man has now made me skeptical. I know what I went through is very real, but is it perhaps all in my head, and that's why it felt real? Was i only dreaming of being paralyzed while my real body was laying comfortably on its side? So I decided to experiment. My family came over to help me and my mom move our furniture to another house( were moving) and my uncle brought his noisy little kids. They slept over and I decided to sleep on my back and stay very still like I always did when trying to do an obe. It didnt work, I accidentally fell asleep but I woke up from a series of strange dreams in the morning at about 7 ish. I didnt open my eyes but I could hear everyone in the kitchen. I was much too lazy to get up lol so I drifted off to sleep. I was in that stage were your dreaming but half aware of your real world at the same time. I think I was dreaming I was chasing this big chubby guy and threw a can at him cos he hit my friend. Then I was in a pool searching for something when someone comes up to me and says I'm dreaming. So I got confused and said I wasn't but he insisted I was. I think that startled me into waking up in sp mode. I panicked but quickly relaxed and tried to ignore the pressure on my chest. I was hearing a vibration sound from my left but ignored that as well. I could hear a commotion over at my brothers room and tried to focus on it but not too much that I'll snap out of the sp. I calmed my breathing and once I did, I honestly never felt this before, but I felt like my heart was moving against my upper chest very slowly, as if my ribs were parting. I started to feel nauseous but got over it by telling myself to calm down and focus on the noise coming from my brothers room. I could hear my brothers voice and the kids. They were arguing and I could hear the tv on even tho it sounded kind of distorted. I tried to will myself out but that started the vibrations so I stopped. After a few seconds I tried to lift my arms up and they went straight up in the air, although I knew they were tucked under my blankets. I got really excited and the vibrations started acting up so I took another moment to calm myself. I could still feel my arms up and I very slowly lowerd them so that I could feel my chest( the pressure was annoying) but to my surprise my hands went through my chest. The sensation was weird, I can't really explain, but it was like, I was pushing against water, and my arms felt really wobbly, like jello. My chest, too, felt like jello and it was kind of shaky. When I pulled my hands up again the feeling was gone and my arms felt heavy and I felt like my arms were underwater. After a while I think something startled me or scared me cos I suddenly jolted up and I was awake. I got up, feeling a bit dizzy, and went to my brothers room. The tv was on and they were all playing with video games, I suppose that's what the commotion was cos they were overly excited and loud. Well this sp experience was a bit overwhelming but fun in the sence that I found I didn't hear just random static, I heard real noise from the real world, all while I was experimenting with my arms. I can't be dreaming and be aware of noises in my real surroundings at the same time. I already tried dividing my attention between my real limbs, and the ones that were swaying in midair. It's impossible, either I feel my real limbs vibrating or I feel my "astral"limbs in the air. I can't feel both at the same time, I came very close once but that results in waking up. This experience made me believe that in fact ap and sp could be real, it's not simply a dream.

• Like 2

Why are you putting down the vibrations? When you can move your hands just get up. You might have been able to poke your head through the wall and see them playing video games then got up to confirm which game they were playing. Wouldn't tha blow you away? ;)

There are many people ignorant to the altered states of consciousness, I wouldn't worry about them. Listen to yourself and your own inner voice. :)

Carry on.

• Like 2

Why are you putting down the vibrations? When you can move your hands just get up. You might have been able to poke your head through the wall and see them playing video games then got up to confirm which game they were playing. Wouldn't tha blow you away? ;)

There are many people ignorant to the altered states of consciousness, I wouldn't worry about them. Listen to yourself and your own inner voice. :)

Carry on.

well yes that would blow me away, but im putting down the vibrations because its very easy for me to separate my limbs, but its ridiculously hard to separate all of my body, even my head. when i really try to get up or separate as a whole the vibrations get hard and its overwhelming, it even kinda hurts. true many people are ignorant and say their opinion without really knowing about the material or experiencing it themselves, but im still respectful of what they believe, after all ap sounds so...unreal. its one of those things that you have to experience to believe, and not everyone has sp. thanks for your encouragment tho, i definately will not be so easily swayed next time :)

well yes that would blow me away, but im putting down the vibrations because its very easy for me to separate my limbs, but its ridiculously hard to separate all of my body, even my head. when i really try to get up or separate as a whole the vibrations get hard and its overwhelming, it even kinda hurts. true many people are ignorant and say their opinion without really knowing about the material or experiencing it themselves, but im still respectful of what they believe, after all ap sounds so...unreal. its one of those things that you have to experience to believe, and not everyone has sp. thanks for your encouragment tho, i definately will not be so easily swayed next time :)

Surrendure to the vibrations himawari, do not fight let them take you and relax. Lift your chest up an will yourself to float. Mabey practice moveing vibrations around a bit.

One thing I have learned over the years us that its a relationship. Learn to relax and work with the sensations. Good luck, I'm always available.

• Like 1

If I may suggest a few things, it may help you to understand these things better.

There is an energetic body for our Mind, Body, and Spirit. The mind in this context is not our human brain. To reach the mind we do use the human brain by allowing our right brain intuitive imagination to access it. Those are essentially the distinctions I would like to present.

There are many people who see the imagination and their dreams as an aspect of reality that is not real. Science is beginning to understand that a persons authentic greater reality is energetic in nature and not in a physical form. So if you can grasp these principals it may help you to conceptualize your experiences better.

John

• Like 2

Surrendure to the vibrations himawari, do not fight let them take you and relax. Lift your chest up an will yourself to float. Mabey practice moveing vibrations around a bit.

One thing I have learned over the years us that its a relationship. Learn to relax and work with the sensations. Good luck, I'm always available.

hmm I'll try, I think it's different for everybody since everyone gets different sensations, I was cursed with horrible vibrations, I feel like a chainsaw sometimes >.< I will try to relax tho, practice makes perfect after all :) thanks again. I have never heard of moving the vibrations around, can that be done?

I can't be dreaming and be aware of noises in my real surroundings at the same time.

You can though. I had an experience once where I dreamt of an ambulance driving past in a dream. I woke up as this was happening and an ambulance was going past my house in real life(I could hear its sirens). So my mind created the scene from the outside sound.

I had many OBEs the other night. I couldn't sleep very well because my son was sick and coughing all night which kept me awake. I went out of body and went to his room to check on him. His room was not like it is in real life. There was baby hammerhead shark wallpaper on the walls in a style as if for a baby boys room. So it was setup like a toddlers room and my sons room isn't like that, he will be a teenager soon. I also had the experience again where I feel I go out of body but I cant see anything. I basically fly off blind and I remember thinking not to worry because the scene will be created soon. And it soon was. I've experienced this a few times now and I think its because I'm not quite in REM yet. I've had experiences with lucid dreaming where I wake up but I'm still floating in blackness and I then just wait for the next dream scene to arrive and it feels the same. The only difference is the feeling of actually leaving the body. And I agree it does feel like that which is why I am unsure on what exactly is happening. So I cant say for sure if I am actually leaving the body or if my mind is creating the whole experience(so a dream of leaving the body).

Anyway if you are interested here is my OBE/Dream from just the other night. This is just taken from my journal.

26th August 2013

I couldnt sleep very well at all last night cause Adam was coughing. Eventually somewhere around 4am I guess I was aware I was in that stage where I could go OBE. I think I was on the edge of sleep and this time I heard a very loud sound. Anyway I rolled out straight away and onto the floor and then flew out the window. I couldnt see as clearly though, it was like I was seeing a reflection. Anyway I flew around and tried to fly into space. I could see many stars and things and it looked really pretty.

Then I found myself back in bed so I rolled out again. This time I decided to check on my son and I walked into his room but he wasnt there. Instead there was flashing purple sparks popping up around the room and the hallway. I also remember the room was setup as if he was younger. There was hammerhead shark wallpaper in a kids style and things were just different.

Then I think I went back into my body and I rolled out again but this time I think I rolled as if falling through the bed. When I got out I couldnt see anything and it was all black and so I flew in a direction and just thought for God to bring me to a place and show me what he likes. I was then flying over a crystal clear blue/aqua ocean. I flew over and reached down and scooped up some water and drank it.

Then I think I was back in body and I rolled out again and did the same thing. I asked to be taken to a place and I was then in a place that looked somewhat like ancient greece but along the coast. There was a temple or something and an eagle I think flying around. I forget most of the experiences because there was so many.

I rolled out again and flew off and there was a stage where I was flying with my son I think. I forget parts but I think I went to his room again and took him flying with me. I showed him we we're dreaming by placing my arm into a mirror. I remember saying to him how I also like to run and I came down and landed and ran like an animal. I was thinking 'cat' for some reason but it was like both of my back legs were dragging and while I was dragging them I was kinda growling and I wasnt fully with a human mind. I was also aware how slow it was compared to how I had been flying.

I also was in the city and I flew through walls and things and it was like some of the OBE felt like they turned into lucid dreams.

There was also the main thing i wanted to remember which I had forgot until this point where I was outside with my son and I had a double of me behind my son. So I was looking at myself but it wasnt a mirror and it was quite odd.

Anyway I rolled out of body many times and some felt like they turned into 'dreams' as they continued on. I still tend to think OBE are dreams, especially when I cant see anything and it takes my mind awhile for the scene to be created after having the feeling of already leaving the body.

Edited by Kazahel
  • Like 1

You can though. I had an experience once where I dreamt of an ambulance driving past in a dream. I woke up as this was happening and an ambulance was going past my house in real life(I could hear its sirens). So my mind created the scene from the outside sound.

I had many OBEs the other night. I couldn't sleep very well because my son was sick and coughing all night which kept me awake. I went out of body and went to his room to check on him. His room was not like it is in real life. There was baby hammerhead shark wallpaper on the walls in a style as if for a baby boys room. So it was setup like a toddlers room and my sons room isn't like that, he will be a teenager soon. I also had the experience again where I feel I go out of body but I cant see anything. I basically fly off blind and I remember thinking not to worry because the scene will be created soon. And it soon was. I've experienced this a few times now and I think its because I'm not quite in REM yet. I've had experiences with lucid dreaming where I wake up but I'm still floating in blackness and I then just wait for the next dream scene to arrive and it feels the same. The only difference is the feeling of actually leaving the body. And I agree it does feel like that which is why I am unsure on what exactly is happening. So I cant say for sure if I am actually leaving the body or if my mind is creating the whole experience(so a dream of leaving the body).

Anyway if you are interested here is my OBE/Dream from just the other night. This is just taken from my journal.

intresting, being aware of outside noises while dreaming has never happened to me before. Very intresting experiences, thank you for shareing. Rolling out of bed is also how I find it easier to leave, in fact, my first successful obe was me rolling off of bed and very slowly, as if I was underwater, I landed on my floor. I could see my brothers door and I heard a strange hollow noise. As if I was in a deep cave. I just lay there cos I was a bit confused and couldn't figure out how to walk properly. So I ended up going back. Another time, ( this is the time I came close to dividing my attention on my astral and real body) I awoke with sp and tried to roll off of bed but only my upper part of my body got out. I was hanging off of bed while my real body was sleeping. I panicked and tried to get my legs out but my upper body went back. I felt a spinning motion too, and I was very stiff and still vibrating when I snapped out of the paralysis. First time my body got stuck while half of it was out, it spooked me.how strange that you see your sons room differently, I see my room exactly the same.

Carry on.

It's not as easy as just getting "up". If you are able to move your Astral Arms/Phantom Arms then you need to get use to that Sensation before you can project if you are fully aware of it happening. Because when you are in that stage the Vibrations are very intense like OP said. And then once you are comfortable with that sensation then you can try and get up. I know what OP is talking about because i achieved the same stage as he did. In my experience when I got my Astral Arms out my whole Bed was physically shaking along with me when i was in the Vibration Stage of AP.

Edited by stevemagegod
  • Like 1

It's not as easy as just getting "up". If you are able to move your Astral Arms/Phantom Arms then you need to get use to that Sensation before you can project if you are fully aware of it happening. Because when you are in that stage the Vibrations are very intense like OP said. And then once you are comfortable with that sensation then you can try and get up. I know what OP is talking about because i achieved the same stage as he did. In my experience when I got my Astral Arms out my whole Bed was physically shaking along with me when i was in the Vibration Stage of AP.

exactly, the vibrations are extremely intense, it's almost as if something's keeping you from getting out, like your body's response in keeping you in, the more I try to get out the more intense the vibrations get. I'm learning to get used to them little by little, relaxing makes them cease, they're still there, but they're very faint

exactly, the vibrations are extremely intense, it's almost as if something's keeping you from getting out, like your body's response in keeping you in, the more I try to get out the more intense the vibrations get. I'm learning to get used to them little by little, relaxing makes them cease, they're still there, but they're very faint

I had the same thought when i had my experience as well. I was almost ready to get out of my body when all of a sudden this random thought came into my head, what if i don't come back? I was fully prepared to Astral Project so i don't know where this thought came from. It was almost as if it was a last ditch effort by my head to stop me from having a Out of Body Experience since i was after all fully aware of my surroundings at the time and my mind knew that.

• Like 1

I had the same thought when i had my experience as well. I was almost ready to get out of my body when all of a sudden this random thought came into my head, what if i don't come back? I was fully prepared to Astral Project so i don't know where this thought came from. It was almost as if it was a last ditch effort by my head to stop me from having a Out of Body Experience since i was after all fully aware of my surroundings at the time and my mind knew that.

those are the thoughts I get too, I sometimes end up going back because I have doubts. It's obvious it's not a natural thing to be doing this, so maybe somehow your body knows it. Or perhaps I'm overthinking it. Anyway these doubts are the obsticals that are keeping us from successfully achieving ap. it's very hard to suppress them.

That is the egos last ditch effort to keep control. Once you step beyond that point the ego has to let go and in steps the bigger part of your consciousness (higher self) to take over. It's natural to feel fear and the ending of all there is at that point, because it is the egos prime fear to lose control it doesn't 'know anything' beyond that barrier into the unknown, it is a void for the ego.

My words will have little effect until you are able to take the step, because all your mind has is what the ego thinks.... but if you want proof that you will come back then look at me, White crane feather and a few others who post here. I believe we have a gate keeper / other half that will alert us when we go to far or start to cross the threshold of no return. I believe i experienced it during my awakening and i chose to come back :) It was not scary or stressful or anything fearful but extremely peaceful and serene.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy
  • Like 2

That is the egos last ditch effort to keep control. Once you step beyond that point the ego has to let go and in steps the bigger part of your consciousness (higher self) to take over. It's natural to feel fear and the ending of all there is at that point, because it is the egos prime fear to lose control it doesn't 'know anything' beyond that barrier into the unknown, it is a void for the ego.

My words will have little effect until you are able to take the step, because all your mind has is what the ego thinks.... but if you want proof that you will come back then look at me, White crane feather and a few others who post here. I believe we have a gate keeper / other half that will alert us when we go to far or start to cross the threshold of no return. I believe i experienced it during my awakening and i chose to come back :) It was not scary or stressful or anything fearful but extremely peaceful and serene.

that makes a lot of sense, thank you for posting. I too think the fear of what's beyond and our lack of knowing what's there is whats stopping us from progressing. The ego can be a huge obstacle at this point. Your one of the few that has had a good experience, a lot of the people here experience fear and hallucinations, but a positive mind can help eliminate the fear.thank you for shareing your thoughts :)
  • Like 1

A state of surrender works well for me with obstacles. I sort of give up then everything false into place. I have learned to hold this state of surrender with me, it's hard to explain but it's a bit like performing and action as if you don't care about the outcome. Sort of an oh well attitude. In this way fear and altered state obstacles are simply given up.

• Like 2