Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The dishwasher is the latest cooking device

Still Waters

The oven has long been the conventional cooking method of choice, but how about using the dishwasher?

Using a dishwasher to cook meals has become an increasingly popular cooking technique, and the results are reportedly surprisingly good.

Italian food writer Lisa Casali has said that food can be cooked within a normal dishwasher cycle as long as it is tightly sealed.

http://www.telegraph...phenomenon.html

• Like 3

so, they're cooking their food in a box filled with dirty and potentially hazerdous dishes, with no temperature control, and no way of timing it properly? i mean, i know that it emphasizes using vacuum sealed bags, but...

the food safety and sanitation gods would not be pleased. not at all.

• Like 2

Did you know, patagonianhorsesnake, that you can run your dishwasher with nothing in it? Or even with something other than dirty dishes in it. Like baseball caps. Best way to clean them.

• Like 2

Am disappointed she never came clean and told how she discovered you can cook using the dishwasher, i.e. she was steaming drunk one evening.

• Like 3

Did you know, patagonianhorsesnake, that you can run your dishwasher with nothing in it? Or even with something other than dirty dishes in it. Like baseball caps. Best way to clean them.

oh, i know! well, except for the baseball caps. i did not know that. i only mentioned that because the article said:

"She says that the method is enviromentally friendly because it enables you to clean your dishes while cooking at the same time."

that is not something i would so, even if i had a dishwasher.

• Like 1

I know that salmon turns out great in a dishwasher. Wrap in in foil with your favorite seasoning, wrap some vegetables as well. Throw them on the top rack and there you go.

Why, oh why, would anyone do this?

• Like 3

I wonder what setting I need for my Garlic/honey chicken and rosemary roasted potatoes.

• Like 2

hmmm ... could do the dishes, make dinner , and do a small load of laundry! i like it!

* my dad told me of guys securely wrapping food in tinfoil .. to a tailpipe !

I always meant to try that one. I'm sure it would work. lol .. [ heat on slow for 5 miles.. or until tender ]

Edited by lightly
  • Like 3

pardon me.. just testing something...

Edited by lightly

The day I cook food in my dishwasher is the day I wash my dirty dishes in the oven :tu:

• Like 1