Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

China to go to Moon by year end

Drayno

I bet it'll be fuzzy and less durable! :w00t:

• Like 2

no jokes, i honestly hope it goes well. more space exploration for everyone!

• Like 2

UNMANNED ..........

Bummer.

• Like 1

I hope the pictures are embarrassingly clear to shame NASA lies about what's really on the Moon and Mars when they send probes there too.

• Like 1

I hope the pictures are embarrassingly clear to shame NASA lies about what's really on the Moon and Mars when they send probes there too.

And when they are, and they show the same thing NASA shows, you guys will be able to add China to your CT's ........

• Like 2

:huh: Whaaaaat..........?

• Like 1

Watch out for a copy of the moon to be orbiting earth by Christmas 2014.

I was about to say something similar! LOL

What do you think is there, Marcos?

• Like 1

Good luck China and don't forget to get some pics of the USA flag and vehicles left there

• Like 1

As Hawking said, the survival of humanity depends on space exploration.

• Like 2

Good luck China and don't forget to get some pics of the USA flag and vehicles left there

it won't be a very good picture. a recent article i saw said the flag is probably white from all the radiation blasting it for so many years. the moon doesn't have an atmosphere or magnetosphere (i believe) so the surface gets crazy amounts of radiation.

http://gizmodo.com/5930450/all-the-american-flags-on-the-moon-are-now-white

UNMANNED ..........

Bummer.

unmanned is probably going to be the way things mostly go, now. the amount of life support for ppl is huge. if you could replace that tonnage with my science gear we could learn even more per flight. plus, unmanned means we can put all our effort to just getting their. in essence that more than doubles the range we can go to.

If the two previous Chinese moon missions, and the previous Japanese, European, Russian and Indian mission are not going to cure people of crazy beliefs like the one expressed above I don't suppose another mission agreeing with NASA is going to do it.

The Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter has already taken some decent pictures of the Apollo sites from orbit.

Chang'e 3, however, is a lander/rover mission. It is landing in the Sinus Iridium region, no where near any of the Apollo sites.

Question is, who makes the space vehicle?

The Shanghai Aerospace System Engineering Institute are the manufacturers for the lander and rover.

The China Academy of Launch Vehicle Technology (CALT) are the manufacturers of the Long March 3B launch vehicle.

Watch out for a copy of the moon to be orbiting earth by Christmas 2014.

Yeah a smaller more efficient copy

unmanned is probably going to be the way things mostly go, now. the amount of life support for ppl is huge. if you could replace that tonnage with my science gear we could learn even more per flight. plus, unmanned means we can put all our effort to just getting their. in essence that more than doubles the range we can go to.

But one man given a week or two on the surface of Mars, etc, could do more then a machine could do in ages... simply because we can reason far better then a computer can... ;) So while robots will "lead the way", humans will still need to do the "fine work" imho.

• Like 1

But one man given a week or two on the surface of Mars, etc, could do more then a machine could do in ages... simply because we can reason far better then a computer can... ;) So while robots will "lead the way", humans will still need to do the "fine work" imho.

I would tend to agree with you though computers are getting better and that may not always be the case. Also machines don't require things like food and air
  • Like 2

I would tend to agree with you though computers are getting better and that may not always be the case. Also machines don't require things like food and air

That's the main reason computers are more practical to send..

Plus they don't need as much rest.

Edited by Hatake Kakashi
  • Like 1