Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

For believers in Biblical prophecy

preacherman76

I love how many different interpretations of Christianity there are in this thread.

Yes, Christians are individuals, just like all other individuals.Mystics, fundamentalists, militants, traditionalists, post-modernists, intellectualizers, literalists, passive, aggressive, cloistered, liberationists, etc,.etc. all go by the name of "Christian."

The era of monolithic centralized authority in doctrine and practice is mostly gone. This dissolution of autocracy began before the Reformation and continues on to the establishment of the next sect or splinter group tomorrow.

Yes, Christians are individuals, just like all other individuals.Mystics, fundamentalists, militants, traditionalists, post-modernists, intellectualizers, literalists, passive, aggressive, cloistered, liberationists, etc,.etc. all go by the name of "Christian."

The era of monolithic centralized authority in doctrine and practice is mostly gone. This dissolution of autocracy began before the Reformation and continues on to the establishment of the next sect or splinter group tomorrow.

While I would never disagree that Christians can be individuals, it is interesting to me how the religion has shifted, and how many different sects or cults have formed loosley around the Biblical tales.

From an anthropological point of view, it will be interesting to see what future changes there will be and how they will justify themselves.

• Like 2

From an anthropological point of view, it will be interesting to see what future changes there will be and how they will justify themselves.

Here's a good example, but you have to know the Book of Revelation to understand what's going on:

Here's another one, but I suppose we'll have to wait until November comes around to hear the blogger's justification:

It's really the Book of Revelation that keeps on confusing many Christians. Habit and ingrained programming are some of the hardest things to break; however, it's important to know and understand this book in order for one to maneuver because again, it's so ingrained in our culture and the world is affected by it, like it or not. Christians, on the other hand, don't have a monopoly on justifying themselves. It's human nature. We hopefully learn from our mistakes and triumphs.

Peace to you, ShadowSot.

Hey folks, sorry I havent chimed back in. I was hoping there was another student of bible prophecy. As I said in the OP I wasnt here to justify my stance. Nor do I intend to do that now. Well other then to say that yes I am looking forward to a time where man knows war no more. Where there is true peace and good will tward one another. Its easy to see that this little experiment we call mankind is rotting to its core. The more people we have, the more suffering and war, and hate, and well down right evil there is. Id personaly rather see a rightious savor save a few, then for all of us to eventualy die off in a nuclear holocaust. Or that we polute the planet till it can no longer sustain life. Both of those senerios seem inevitable. How many more Japan type nuclear meltdowns can this planet take? If that makes me on par with WBBC, then so be it. But I take no pleasure in the idea that anyone goes to hell. Im not even sure I believe thats true.

The little experiment we call mankind is "rotting at the core" because so many people are waiting for "daddy" to clean up our mess.

Want to improve the human condition? Then you need to WORK at improving it, not shrug your shoulders and walk away.

If everyone thought as you, then we truly would be in hell for the people would have no incentive to strive for betterment, and claim that the extinction of the human race is "inevitable".

And, if all religion can do is to merely occupy your time while waiting for armageddon, then I'm glad that I walk a solitary path. Because you end-timers really scare me.

Amen, JMPD1! :clap:It reminds me of Matthew 25:37-39: “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’"

Well other then to say that yes I am looking forward to a time... Where there is true peace and good will tward one another. Its easy to see that this little experiment we call mankind is rotting to its core.

As a Christian (I assume you're a Christian), you should be doing that now -- "Love your neighbor as yourself." Why do many Christians prefer to listen to some obscure man called John of Patmos (without doing some kind of detective work before hand)? A great scholar once said that “There’s no indication that he (John) read Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount or that he read the gospels or Paul’s letters," and "he (John) doesn’t even say Jesus died for your sins." John was totally out of touch, and he didn't like the "new" Christian movement.

http://religion.blog...-of-revelation/

Jesus never said anything about a New Earth; that's part of an action-fantasy story called Book of Revelation...with Jesus as an avenging super-hero.

Edited by No-thingBornPassion
  • Like 2

strange days have passed..

i don't see any of the prophecies... you spoke of.

didn't anyone learn anything from Harold Camping...

and all other false prophets?

just live your life.. don't worry about the future...

do what you want and have fun!

Why do Christians seem so eager for the mass slaughter of billions?

Because most of them don't have anything do live for...

so they sit around wishing for and thinking about the "end of the world".

it's quite annoying. I mean get a life!

live.. and have fun.. enjoy!

The END comes.. for us all when we get old and die..

so live it up now..

why be a slave to organized religion and make them rich ?

• Like 1

Too True Lostsouls7. The end does come. Everyday, for somebody.

I totally agree. I mean, why would Jesus save me from the Void and send me back here if the Book of Revalation were true? To watch my "Pagan" friends die a horrible death?? To gloat over the unbelievers?? We all know that "most" human beings don't do well when they're forced to believe in something that is false -- since the day one, I had a hard time with this book. Elaine Pagels is a godsend.

"But people have clashed over the meaning of Revelation ever since it was virtually forced into the New Testament canon over the protests of some early church leaders, Pagels says. 'There were always debates about it,' she says. 'Some people said a heretic wrote it.'"

"Most of the list we have of what’s supposed to be the New Testament completely leave this book out. It’s just gone. The one person who puts it in is Bishop Athanasius, and he realized that he could take this imagery of the war of good against evil and turn it against his religious enemies." Elaine Pagels.

Edited by No-thingBornPassion

Out of the few Christians I speak of, one of them happens to be my own mother... She does preach that come that day, I and others will be in hell while she and others like her, will get taken to paradise to be with Jesus.. AND she is happy to think like that about her own daughter and other family members... This only happened when she turned to the born again side of the fence...

You might give your mother this scripture: (Romans 10:6-7) "But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, 'Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (this is to bring Christ down from above); Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (this is to bring up Christ again from the dead). " That's Christ's business. He knows who are His. He is all powerful. He paid a great price for His people. And if he paid for you, you are His. Whether you know it or not. Not one drop of His blood was shed in vain. Not by anyone's works - - good or bad. By His works.

The "born again" is a special enlightenment the Holy Spirit gives which allows that one to see and understand His Kingdom while on earth. But every child of God does not have to experience the "born again" to be saved after they die. But everlasting life is spiritual life that is received while on earth. The "born again" is not received because someone "freely willed." The Holy Spirit is like the wind. He bloweth on where He willeth and gives the born again. You cannot see the wind nor call it up with your "free will." You can only see the effects of the wind. You cannot tell where it goeth. Of such is the Holy Spirit and whom He gives the born again." (John 3:8)

So if you haven't experienced the born again, it is not your job. Unfortunately, your mother has fallen for the popular teaching that it is all of your free will and does not know the Bible.

God bless

• Like 1

*snip*

snip reply

Want to improve the human condition? Then you need to WORK at improving it, not shrug your shoulders and walk away.

You telling ME that is down right hilarious.

If everyone thought as you, then we truly would be in hell for the people would have no incentive to strive for betterment, and claim that the extinction of the human race is "inevitable".

Man you must live a sheltered life with no real concept of what goes on in this world.

And, if all religion can do is to merely occupy your time while waiting for armageddon, then I'm glad that I walk a solitary path. Because you end-timers really scare me.

Man you think you know everything dont cha? People who walk around this planet with no concept of reality scares me.

Edited by Paranoid Android

*snip*

Anyhoo, all this waffle about prophesies and such has reminded me about the great doom-monger Nostradamus. He said that at Armaggedon (outa here) would be the eagle, the bear and the dragon. I guess Megido is not so far from Damascus, and while maybe the dragon is not so noticable, the eagle and the bear certainly are. Scary eh, and as it is written, then so mote it be, as these mad ravings sayings go......

Edited by Paranoid Android

Ladies and gentlemen, let's please keep this thread civil. I've deleted and edited several posts. Keep in mind that this section oz to remain respectful of everyone's beliefs! There's no need to be derogatory.

Back on topic,

How long is a piece of string? lol

how long is a piece of string..

double half its length

While I would never disagree that Christians can be individuals, it is interesting to me how the religion has shifted, and how many different sects or cults have formed loosley around the Biblical tales.

I too, wonder what future changes there will be and how they will justify themselves.

Remember people, 'Christians' have been thinking they are living close to the end times ever since the death of Jesus. That was 2000 years ago!! Literally ever generation thinks they are in end times, and every generation points to 'evidence' which usually comes in the form of loose interpretations of the bible and their opinion that those interpretations must be referring to events in their time. What makes you think that our generation is any different?

People 200 years from now will probably look back and laugh at us, like how some look back and laugh at the people of the 1800's who thought they lived in the end times, all the while well thinking they themselves are living in the end times.

Wake up people.

Nostradamus is a different topic. Revelation's been debunked.

Revelations is basicaly just a recap of prophecies found through out the entire bible. Most end time prophecies are found in the old test. They involve the jews being removed from the land of Israel. Then being spread through the world. Hated and prosecuted where ever they go. Then eventualy being brought back to Israel. And being more blessed then their fathers were. And would be a blessing to the whole world. Of course thats true. Their medical advancements alone have been a blessing to the whole world. Also that their neighbors would hate them, and that every leader in the world would have to decide whether or not to divide the land for peace and safety. And that Jerusalam would be the main and hardest part to divide. This is just a small example of what has come to pass with perfect acuracy. Which part has been "debunked"?

strange days have passed..

i don't see any of the prophecies... you spoke of.

What do you mean? I gave the very scrpiture I was talking about in the OP.

I didnt learn anything I didnt already know. No man shall know the day nor hour. But acording to scripture, you can know the season. 'For when you see these things come to pass, know that it is near, even right at the door'

Revelations is basicaly just a recap of prophecies found through out the entire bible. Which part has been "debunked"?

You've answered it yourself. John of Patmos took pieces from his favorite prophets and pieced them together to come up with Revelation as a rallying cry. Winston Churchill did a similar thing during WWII. You haven't been following the posts. I've been reading and watching Elaine Pagels' interviews and bought her book. You should do the same. I can't help laughing but last weekend was rapture time. One more failure to add to the long list.

-----------------------------

** Edit ** I forgot to add this. Those stitched-together prophesies that John used for his book have already been fulfilled. They were about the destruction of the Second Temple. His Revelation is a fiction book. No-thingBornPassion and Elaine have talked about this.

Edited by Jesus Loves Us
  • Like 1

You've answered it yourself. John of Patmos took pieces from his favorite prophets and pieced them together to come up with Revelation as a rallying cry. Winston Churchill did a similar thing during WWII. You haven't been following the posts. I've been reading and watching Elaine Pagels' interviews and bought her book. You should do the same. I can't help laughing but last weekend was rapture time. One more failure to add to the long list.

-----------------------------

** Edit ** I forgot to add this. Those stitched-together prophesies that John used for his book have already been fulfilled. They were about the destruction of the Second Temple. His Revelation is a fiction book. No-thingBornPassion and Elaine have talked about this.

Last weekend was rapture time? Hu? According to who?

If the old test prophecies were already completly fulfilled, then where is the temple? When in those days did every leader of the world have to make a decision to divide Jerusalam for peace and safety? How is it that Damascus exists at all? Or Palistine, or Lebennon for that matter. When was the 1000 year rule of Christ on earth? These and several other things. I more then understand the preterist POV. And scripturaly it just doesnt hold water.

Not only do you have to ignore a great deal of scripture to reach your conclution. You also have to ignore a how current events have been like a mirror to the prophecies.

If the old test prophecies were already completly fulfilled, then where is the temple? When was the 1000 year rule of Christ on earth?

The temple was rebuilt and was destroyed again. It's called the destruction of the 2nd Temple. It's not going to be reconstructed again. There won't be the destruction of 3rd Temple because there won't be a third. It's not biblical. It's in revelation but it's fiction. Where is the 1000 year rule of Christ on earth in the OT? You won't find it. John of Patmos made it all up to rally his destroyed Jewish people. Christians are the new chosen people.

If the old test prophecies were already completly fulfilled, then where is the temple? When in those days did every leader of the world have to make a decision to divide Jerusalam for peace and safety? How is it that Damascus exists at all? Or Palistine, or Lebennon for that matter. When was the 1000 year rule of Christ on earth? These and several other things. I more then understand the preterist POV. And scripturaly it just doesnt hold water.

Not only do you have to ignore a great deal of scripture to reach your conclution. You also have to ignore a how current events have been like a mirror to the prophecies.

Current events have been like a mirror to the prophecies?? Please explain which current events and how they mirror 'prophecies' in your mind. I don't mean any offence, I am just genuinely curious :P