Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nation’s only black Senator not invited

Sweetpumper

Nation’s only black Senator not invited to speak at March on Washington

Tim-Scott.jpg

Noticeably absent from the speaker line-up at the Let Freedom Ring event commemorating the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington today: the nation’s only black Senator, Tim Scott.

Scott, a Republican Representative appointed by S.C. Governor Nikki Haley earlier this year to fill former Sen. Jim DeMint’s seat in the U.S. Senate after he retired, was not invited to participate in the historic event, a spokesperson for the Senator confirmed to Red Alert Politics in an email.

African-American leaders who did receive an invitation to speak at included Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.) – who participated in the original March – Martin Luther King III, MSNBC host Al Sharpton and movie stars Jamie Foxx, Oprah Winfrey and Forest Whitaker.

http://redalertpolitics.com/2013/08/28/nations-only-black-senator-not-invited-to-speak-at-march-on-washington/

• Like 4

I have to agree with the following:

Wow. This proves the actors leading civil rights movement today are nothing more than partisan hacks only interested in furthering a political agenda.

Link: http://therightscoop...-on-washington/

I'm sure MLK is looking down, and he is not pleased with the way the civil rights movement has been hacked by race baiters..... :no:

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 8

I really liked to hear the African-American President of the United States leader of the free world stand up there and tell the African-American community they still have a long way to go.?!

I'm beginning to think the majority of the African-American community is a little out of touch with reality.

We do have African-Americans at every level of society just like white Americans? am I missing something?

• Like 4

I really liked to hear the African-American President of the United States leader of the free world stand up there and tell the African-American community they still have a long way to go.?!

I'm beginning to think the majority of the African-American community is a little out of touch with reality.

We do have African-Americans at every level of society just like white Americans? am I missing something?

What do you expect when you have one of the speakers comparing Supreme Court Justices to the KKK?

These so called leaders are nothing more than racist opportunists using the peaceful and inspiring legacy of Martin Luther King to spew their hate agendas. Why else do you think the only black Senator wasn't invited?

It's a shame, really..

• Like 7

That must've been an order from obamas white half.

A republican black man? Why let him have a word about MLK?

Who else was a republican black man? Hmm....

Seriously though, he doesn't fit the narrative. He'd be up there talking about prosperity and not being a victim.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 7

That must've been an order from obamas white half.

A republican black man? Why let him have a word about MLK?

Who else was a republican black man? Hmm....

Seriously though, he doesn't fit the narrative. He'd be up there talking about prosperity and not being a victim.

In a nutshell.

The democrats want to keep the welfare machine rolling.

Black republicans are the example of what you can do if you decide to think for yourself.

Obama and the other racial leaders don't want that. They want to instill their mantra of hate.

Or, in other words - their vision of Affirmative Action versus Martin Luther King's vision of equality and independence.

• Like 6

What do you expect when you have one of the speakers comparing Supreme Court Justices to the KKK?

These so called leaders are nothing more than racist opportunists using the peaceful and inspiring legacy of Martin Luther King to spew their hate agendas. Why else do you think the only black Senator wasn't invited?

It's a shame, really..

It makes me sick, to see these people on television talking about how bad African Americans have it, like their still living in 1950. There's more black on white crime, than white on black right now! The statistics bear that out. But no one talked about that.

Here is a good article, that I really liked.

Link: http://www.washingto...50-years-later/

If King could be resurrected and see what was going on in America today, I suspect he would be extraordinarily pleased by many of the things he observed and disappointed by others. He, like almost everyone else, would be thrilled to know that there was a two-term black president of the United States of America and a black attorney general, as well as many other high government officials, business executives and university presidents.

Perhaps just as thrilling would be the sight of black doctors, lawyers, airline pilots, construction foremen, news anchors, school superintendents and almost any other position imaginable in America. The fact that seeing blacks in such positions no longer raises eyebrows is a testimony to the tremendous progress that has been made in America over the last 50 years.

There are some areas, however, where I suspect he might be less than thrilled. The epidemic of black-on-black violent crime indicates that there has been a significant deterioration of values in the black community. Not only are the lives of their fellow blacks and others being devalued by street thugs, but the lives of unborn babies are being destroyed in disproportionate numbers in the black community.

There was a time when blacks were justifiably angry that the larger community discounted their value, but now, ironically, many members of the black community themselves place little or no value on these precious lives that are snuffed out without thought. I think King would be waging a crusade against the marginalization of black lives in America.

Another area of great concern would be the fact that 73 percent of black babies are born out of wedlock. When this occurs, in most cases the educational pursuits of the mothers are terminated and the babies are condemned to a life of poverty and deprivation, which makes them more likely to end up in the penal system or the welfare system. This is a burden not only for the black community but for the nation at large.

King was a huge advocate of education and would be horrified by the high dropout rates in many inner-city high schools. He, like many others, was vilified, beaten and jailed for trying to open the doors of education to everyone, regardless of their race.

If he were alive today, he would have to witness people turning their backs on those open doors and choosing to pursue lives of crime or dependency. I do not believe he would simply complain about these things, however.

Rather, he would be raising funds to create programs that would show these young people that they do have real choices that can greatly enhance the quality of their lives.

Perhaps the biggest disappointment for King would be the wholesale adoption of a victim mentality that makes people feel that they are entitled to being cared for by others rather than working tirelessly to create wealth and opportunities for their progeny.

The amount of wealth that resides within the black community today is staggering. If the black community, like Jewish, Korean and other cultures in America, learned how to turn over dollars within their own community at least a couple of times before sending them out into the larger society, they would create wealth.

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 4

It makes me sick, to see these people on television talking about how bad African Americans have it, like their still living in 1950. There's more black on white crime, than white on black right now! The statistics bear that out. But no one talked about that.

Here is a good article, that I really liked.

Link: http://www.washingto...50-years-later/

I read the article earlier today! Thanks for re-sharing it. I enjoyed reading it again.

Yes, I believe MLK would be upset by the high school drop-out rate of young black men.

Many of whom are born in one parent households to no fault of their own, but find family in gangs.

Of course this is not to generalize all people of color. Many have very different circumstances.

Many are educated, successful - have faced legitimate discrimination, but persevered no matter what.

• Like 3

He could never get elected to that office. They picked a lame duck, on purpose.

Edited by Raptor Witness

I think MLK would be happy about some things and ashamed of others...."looking like a fool with your pants on the ground"...

The media press loves to idolize thuggery....I think MLK would not like it.

By the way.....

Do these dumb@sses realize where the pants thing comes from?....in prison, you showed the others you were "available" by having your pants half way down....I guess the thuggery thinks it's cool to show the other thugs they are available for sex.....I think it is funny as crap that these gangstas do not get what it means....

• Like 4

yes, every one knows where it comes from

everyone. literally everyone knows, its all over everywhere on the internet.

the meaning of symbols change though, and it no longer means that.

popped collars used to mean a guy who was outside during a wind storm...now it means a toolbag

I know....it still makes me laugh....and I like to laugh. I think laughter is the point of life....my bad I guess.

So...just cause the thugs thinks it's cool now I'm supposed to ignore the foundation of it's meaning?....nah....whenever I see a gangsta with his pants halfway down I cannot help but think..."Look, he's available for some backdoor action"...and I laugh....sorry....

• Like 2

This made me laugh..... :)

original.jpg

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 3

That 'march on Washington' was pretty much a fraud IMO. Mostly because Obama is such a fraud and traitor to everything MLK stood for.

Wars on every front, abolition of Habeas Corpus, no prosecution of the war criminals who occupied the Casa Blanca before him, his own long list of war crimes and assassinations.

MLK would have refused to appear on the same stage with that Uncle Tom that Obama is. :td:

• Like 2

Nation’s only black Senator not invited to speak at March on Washington

Tim-Scott.jpg

Noticeably absent from the speaker line-up at the Let Freedom Ring event commemorating the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington today: the nation’s only black Senator, Tim Scott.

Scott, a Republican Representative appointed by S.C. Governor Nikki Haley earlier this year to fill former Sen. Jim DeMint’s seat in the U.S. Senate after he retired, was not invited to participate in the historic event, a spokesperson for the Senator confirmed to Red Alert Politics in an email.

African-American leaders who did receive an invitation to speak at included Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.) – who participated in the original March – Martin Luther King III, MSNBC host Al Sharpton and movie stars Jamie Foxx, Oprah Winfrey and Forest Whitaker.

http://redalertpolit...-on-washington/

My friend Sue told me that not one Republican was invited. I don't know if it's true, but I imagine it is, sure wouldn't surprise me. Ah well, I try to remind myself this world (as it is now) is not my permanent home...I'm just a pilgrim and a stranger. For those that have their agendas of hate and corruption, I do believe what goes around, comes around...eventually....

• Like 3

My friend Sue told me that not one Republican was invited. I don't know if it's true, but I imagine it is, sure wouldn't surprise me. Ah well, I try to remind myself this world (as it is now) is not my permanent home...I'm just a pilgrim and a stranger. For those that have their agendas of hate and corruption, I do believe what goes around, comes around...eventually....

Some were invited but chose not to attend, just as some prominent Democrats chose not to attend... The top two Reps in Congress were unable to attend due to other commitments (just like some of the top Dems were)... Though the

ones who were not there did attend earlier - less visible to the press - events in honor of the occasion... With the exception of Sen Scott it's pretty much of non-story that the press is makeing a big to-do over...

• Like 2

Did they invite the African-American Supreme Court Justice or the African-American former Secretary of State?

Such good role models for young African-American men and women.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

He could never get elected to that office. They picked a lame duck, on purpose.

I WAS WRONG ... well not exactly.

They redrew the district, and he won, I suspect, largely as a result of that.

I WAS WRONG ... well not exactly.

They redrew the district, and he won, I suspect, largely as a result of that.

Could you explain how one "redraws" a US Senate district?

• Like 2

Could you explain how one "redraws" a US Senate district?

It's a clever maneuver whereby you destagger the electorate, by having your whitest, white man leave office in the middle of his term, in order to run the whitest political think tank in the country, and have your other whitest, white man run along side the blackest white man's talking point in the poorest black state in the nation ... not counting Mississippi.

I call that anti staggered redistricting.

I have to give them credit, it's was the only way they could do it, and they did it.

Edited by Raptor Witness