Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trust the US Government.

Professor T

Trust the US Government.

God is real, God is watching.

Believe in Government, believe in God.

rebellion will not be tolerated.

Obey, consume.. Obey, consume..

Obey, consume.. Obey, consume..

Buy Ultra, Buy Naomi.

Worship, consume, Obey, Believe..

Do not Question the Government..

[media=]

[/media]

Funnily enough, this isn't a conspiracy theory.. it's fact.

And here I was thinking the 60's was all about flower power.

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 6

Professor, how's about a nice cup of tea? I've got Earl Grey. :)

• Like 4

Lol.. Earl Grey! :lol: that mind altering ***t..

It's a conspiracy I tell ya!

• Like 2

It seems that way doesn't it, mind you, I don't live there, so I don't really know except for what TV/Internet tells me..

I kind of wonder whether trust in government & belief in God is not as strong as it was in the 60's.

The whole Obey & Consume sure seems to have hit the spot though & is as strong as ever..

• Like 1

Americans consume and obey well enough alright! Is that the evidence that this filmstrip's trick on the subconscious worked? :P

• Like 1

Of course there's also the point that if you don't consume, you pretty much die.

Yes, but can an American woman live without 19 pairs of shoes? There's consumption.. and then there's CONSUMPTION

Edited by lightly
  • Like 1

Yes, but can an American woman live without 19 pairs of shoes? There's consumption.. and then there's CONSUMPTION

Maybe she can't. It's really none of your business now is it?

Can I live without 22 fishing rods? My answer would be a resounding no.

• Like 1

No need to be snippy. You would die if one of those rods were to disappear? Nonsense. I"m just approaching the topic of CONSUMPTION sensibly.

* I get your somewhat humorous point actually... figures of speech and all that.

Edited by lightly
  • Like 1

Seriously, how do we know these particular sign off programs were really ever used?

It's just as easy to believe they were made recently to give the appearance of a shadow government.

No need to be snippy. You would die if one of those rods were to disappear? Nonsense. I"m just approaching the topic of CONSUMPTION sensibly.

* I get your somewhat humorous point actually... figures of speech and all that.

Not being snippy. I just get very annoyed when someone proceeds to make some type of moral judgement based on how someone spends their own money.

How do you know? Maybe the woman that has 19 pairs of shoes gives tens of thousands of dollars to charity every year.

And, no, I wouldn't die if one of them disappeared. I'd simply go buy another one.

If you bought them on credit and we get stuck with the bill when a federal program pays off or guarantees your debt, it is our business. Our business now includes banks, insurance companies, defense companies, energy companies, food companies, mortgage and investment houses, automakers, health care providers, retirement planning, pretty much everything we do nowadays that involves credit (debt as money).

• Like 1

Interesting video. The thing said that struck me the most is the statement that "television is used to create and modify human behaviours". This is certainly happening IMO..It is definitely a tool used to influence your beliefs and morals. I think the biggest problem is that of "opportunity cost".

the loss of potential gain from other alternatives when one alternative is chosen

If you are sitting around watching sh** TV all day every day, what are you missing out on?

Time is the only true commodity one has. If you are spending a lot of it watching TV and living in fantasy land, you certainly won´t be partaking in what is really happening in the world right now nor realy get to know yourself. TV takes you "out of the picture" so to speak. You become an observer and an actor and forget that you are the writer and director of your life. Those are just a few of my quick random thoughts. There really only is one true solution:

KILL YOUR TELEVISION

This is the "Under the Stairs" version made when the original video didn't fit MTV's rules for whatever reason.

Imagine that! MTV (probably the worst of the worst in terms of programming for behaviour modification) rejecting a video. The original can be seen here

It´s definitely choppier and doesn´t have the girl in it. Other than that not hugely different. Great advice though!!

Edited by jugoso

The reason you believe that is because of the culture you were born in. Your belief that you are entitled to as much of anything you want stems from being born into a culture that preaches that and you grew up internalizing those beliefs. Perhaps if you were born into a culture where money isn´t so readily available, you would view things differently The only way you can have a lifestyle that allows you to have 22 fishing rods is off the backs of others who cannot. If you truly believe you can´t live without 22 fishing rods, you have been brainwashed into consumerism hook. line and sinker which fits in nicely with the points made in the OP.

Edited by jugoso

The only way you can have a lifestyle that allows you to have 22 fishing rods is off the backs of others who cannot.

that is retarded, may be i should not eat what i want cuz someone in the world doesn't? and according to your logic i'm taking that away from them.

i see more problem with your reasonings than his.

if i can afford to get 22 rods i will, it is absolutely none of my buissnes if someone in the world can't have that.

Edited by aztek

that is retarded, may be i should not eat what i want cuz someone in the world doesn't? and according to your logic i'm taking that away from them.

i see more problem with your reasonings than his.

if i can afford to get 22 rods i will, it is absolutely none of my buissnes if someone in the world can't have that.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I wasn´t saying that he can´t have 22 fishing rods. He has absolutely every right to. However, the fact is is that not everyone in the world can have 22 fishing rods. It just isn´t possible on a planet with finite resources. In some cultures it might even be considered ridiculous for someone to feel they need to have that. You don´t live in a bubble and your choices and lifestyle do effect those of others.

How many planets would it take if everyone were to live the lifestyle you have?

http://www.footprint...ge/calculators/

That was the point I was trying to make and I don´t think it is "retarded". When I do this with my students, most average around 4 planets. It´s a pretty cool little activity and does give one food for thought IMO.

Edited by jugoso
  • Like 1

However, the fact is is that not everyone in the world can have 22 fishing rods.

so what?? i have 3 cars in my family, i know millions in this world don't even have 1 with even bigger familys. should i feel guilty?? or get rid of them?

i stil fail to see your point.

i really don't care about footprint scam, it is right next to carbon credits, and GW in my mind.

we have 6 or so billion ppl and yet we manage to live and provide for all of us with only 1 planet. and we could support more

Edited by aztek

we have 6 or so billion ppl and yet we manage to live and provide for all of us with only 1 planet. and we could support more

Yes, some quite comfortably and others not so comfortably.

post-114830-0-08065100-1378416090_thumb.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I wasn´t saying that he can´t have 22 fishing rods. He has absolutely every right to. However, the fact is is that not everyone in the world can have 22 fishing rods. It just isn´t possible on a planet with finite resources. In some cultures it might even be considered ridiculous for someone to feel they need to have that. You don´t live in a bubble and your choices and lifestyle do effect those of others.

How many planets would it take if everyone were to live the lifestyle you have?

http://www.footprint...ge/calculators/

That was the point I was trying to make and I don´t think it is "retarded". When I do this with my students, most average around 4 planets. It´s a pretty cool little activity and does give one food for thought IMO.

Wow, that was a very interesting, and informative web link! So, I took the quiz, and it said it would take 3.9 planet Earth's to support everyone, if everyone lived like I do! Whoa! And me and my husband grow a lot of our own food, have our own chickens for eggs, hunt our own food quite a bit, and buy locally. And I recycle. Huh, guess I need to do a little bit more! :)

Edited by Burt Gummer
  • Like 1

Ok I'll agree that "They Live" has one of most bad as*ed knocked down drag out fights in movie history with Rowdy Roddy Piper, but it's also a MOVIE. It isn't anything one should use as a basis of fighting government tyranny.

Not every woman is that greedy. I have two pairs of shoes, and neither is made of leather. They cost me less than $20 per pair. I still have the fishing rod that I had in the 1950s.

• Like 1

Yes, some quite comfortably and others not so comfortably.

post-114830-0-08065100-1378416090_thumb.

so is it my fault they don't? or the guy's that has 22 fishing rods??

Edited by aztek

so is it my fault they don't? or the guy's that has 22 fishing rods??

I didn´t say it was anyone´s fault. Made me think of this

I´m sure you will agree that there are huge inequalities throughout the world and even within countries themselves. This imbalance in opportunity is becoming more and more obvious. The goods that you have in your house come at a price to others. I´m not saying you have to do anything about it but it should at least be acknowledged and recognized. The luxury goods you have in your house come at a price to others.

But this is really getting off from the OP which as very good IMO. The OP talked about subliminal messages inviolving consumerism and obeying the government. Rafterman´s statement that he couldn´t live without 22 fishing rods I´m sure was tongue & cheek, but seems to show that there may be some real truth in the OP.

Edited by jugoso
  • Like 1