Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Indian state introduces ban on black magic

UM-Bot

Maharashtra has imposed the new law in response to the recent killing of rationalist Narendra Dabholkar.

The comprehensive new bill makes it illegal for anyone to engage in superstitious practices such as black magic and witchcraft. Maharashtra is the first state in India to enact such a law which could lead to similar restrictions being imposed elsewhere in the country.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/253777/indian-state-introduces-ban-on-black-magic

• Like 1

(sighs)

Whenever possible always blame your problems on superstitious nonsense instead of real people.

Then if you outlaw said nonsense then the problems will magically stop....what a priceless mode of thinking, truly...priceless.

• Like 3

Damn!!! And I was gonna move there to start practicing. I guess the jokes on me.

I doubt this bill will bring about any real change but it'll be interesting to see how things pan out from here. It is an interesting move on the part of the government.

I guess this is what the superstitious do now instead of putting a hex on someone. Just gun them down. I wonder how much effect the government's decree will have.

Play of words. Hinduism is witchcraft.

Wow, such arrogant bigotry.

• Like 3

Play of words. Hinduism is witchcraft.

It is just another religion, just like all the others.

Don't know who told you otherwise.

From the link:

Among other things, the new law will ban inhuman practices, human sacrifice, rituals to enable sex selection by pregnant women, and all forms of acts known as 'Jaadu-Tona' in common parlance.

I've still a hard time seeing they'd ban a lot of things Vatican considers black magic, like less victimizing forms of divination. Or maybe they did, but I doubt it, since vedic astrology is an age-old practise in India, known to be harmless except for having a tradition of arranged marriages based on it in there, can't say I approve that as an astrologer but it's usually a victimless practise in the end, from the little I've heard.

• Like 1