Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sex Ed for Kindergartners says Obama

Drayno

*snip*

This is right out of the novel Brave New World by Aldous Huxley..

Moderators note: Edited to remove link to website that solicits donations. Added link to original article(as per original link) Please note this is an article from 2007

http://abcnews.go.co...ex-ed-for-kind/

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
Please do not link to sites requesting donations
  • Like 2

That's just.....I don't even know what to say about this...... :no:

What is wrong about giving kids age appropriate information?

• Like 4

What is wrong about giving kids age appropriate information?

Because kids in kindergarten aren't thinking about where babies come from?

Of course they are. "Mommy where do babies come from?

well you order one from the buy baby store, a bird will deliver it via air mail

• Like 2

Look, sex education in High School is fine, but kindergartners?? I'm sorry, but why would you want to warp a little kid's mind like that? There is a certain time and age for the birds and bees talk, and I don't think kindergarten is it. And, as a parent and mother, it is not the state's job to raise my child either. I feel very strongly about that. Articles like the one above make me thankful I am choosing to homeschool my son.

well you order one from the buy baby store, a bird will deliver it via air mail

My dad used to tell me when I was little, that babies came from K-Mart. If I would act up HD would say, I'm going to take you back to K-Mart! :)

• Like 2

We are talking about age appropriate information, not a full on sex ed class.

• Like 7

whats wrong

1. Takes away parents right to choose when to discuss this.

2. Disregards different cultures and religions view on this.

3. Hakate is really right with the Brave New World thing. I have a hard time putting my thoughts into words, but generally speaking I see the world heading this way. It seems like there is this vague constant eroding of our thoughts to push an agenda very similar to that Huxley described.

Much of this comes from reflecting on several of Adam Curtis documentaries. But it seems his thoughts on controls are being slowly implemented as we accept cultural change. Its as if the lefts ideas have been co opted and turned into something darker. Pharmacology, Psychology, and Selfish genes have been turned into a general hedonistic nihilism that is easily manipulated and sold too. I think of john lennon's imagine and marketers going "Oh yeah that would be great for business!" I feel we are turning our children, girls, into a sexual commodity, but maybe that is just Miley Cyrus.

• Like 2

This is old and the legislation was not enacted.

I see nothing wrong with a class teaching kindergartners that 'bathing suit zones' are private and no one should be touching them, and that they should tell their parent or teacher or whoever if someone is.

Other than that, wait. Give the parents a chance to talk to their kids about it at least. My son showed absolutely no interest in where babies came from at 5 or 6, and there was absolutely no reason for him to know at that time.

Believe it or not kids talk about it with each other...especially if one of them is getting a new brother or sister soon. Odds are, they will have a lot of misinformation before parents ever even consider talking to them. It always amazes me when parents forget how things were when they were kids. They may not talk to you about it, but they do talk. lol

• Like 2

I believe in being honest with my children, if they ask they get the honest answer to their question and only their question. I don't go off topic for 5 minutes about things they never even thought of answering. That being said my daughter is 10 and only started asking general questions about where babies come from ans what not about a year and a half ago. My son is 6 and in Kindergarten, he couldn't care less where babies come from as he is 6 and still in kindergarten. In my opinion "the talk" should happen at home and not in school at any age

• Like 1

I see nothing wrong with a class teaching kindergartners that 'bathing suit zones' are private and no one should be touching them, and that they should tell their parent or teacher or whoever if someone is.

This is age appropriate.

Believe it or not kids talk about it with each other...especially if one of them is getting a new brother or sister soon. Odds are, they will have a lot of misinformation before parents ever even consider talking to them. It always amazes me when parents forget how things were when they were kids. They may not talk to you about it, but they do talk. lol

You better believe they talk and listen to older kids. Kids are not stupid.

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
edit to fix font size (was posting from mobile)
  • Like 1

You better believe they talk and listen to older kids. Kids are not stupid.

As the youngest of four I never needed "the talk". People think kids don't pay attention, but they do. I never asked Mother anything...I'd ask my sisters.

Oh, I wasn't trying to say that there was a reason for them NOT to know either... They just showed no interest. I've always been completely open about anything with my kids.. well, as much as is appropriate since one is moderately autistic and doesn't have the comprehension of the other.

All the talk with older kids or things they hear aren't going to mess them up so they can't have a happy sex life later on in life or anything like that though. Do teens get pregnant because they didn't have sex ed in kindergarten? I really don't think so.

When I was growing up, it started in 5th grade, so around 10 or 11 years old. For the vast majority of kids, I think that's early enough to straighten out what they learned already. If a 10 or 11 year old is already sexually active, that's a matter for the police or social services or something... or the proctologist 'cause their parents' heads are firmly planted somewhere dark and smelly.

When I was in primary school.....there was no wonder much about where babies came from....you might ask and parents could say....the stork, the pumkin patch...etc...etc...etc....and it was good enough.

I started first grade in August of 1971...I didn't turn age 6 until mid September....there was no Kindergarten in my town. I graduated High School in June of 1983 at the age of 17....I didn't hit 18 till september 13, 1983....I started my senior year of High School at age 16, in august of 1982. I was always a little behind because of that...not so much mentally....cause I is smart....but physically, yes....I was always a little behind....do the math for yourselves, I'm not making this up....I was 6'-4 and 175 pounds when I graduated...the second tallesty guy in school and prob the most clumsy of all....only jeff was taller and he was 6'-6.....but he was 19....he flunked a year....

This thing of trying to "mature" children before their time is bullsh!t. Let children be children and when their brain evolves to the point of need ing real info....let the parents that know them best decide.....this is not a place for the overpowering and glorious state....

I remember back in the day, girls played with barbies until like 4 to 6 grade....now they lose interest.

I remember boys had GI joes....now that is a gun and war loving heritage.

We played cowboys and indians....we played tag, we played kick ball....we played dodgeball...sometimes played a football game called "smear the queer"....oh...how politically incorrect is that....but queer did not used to mean what it means now....

Most of the kids I went to primary....elementary, junior high and high school with turned out to be productive parts of society....so what is the basis for this cultural experimentation?....cause some d@mn liberal didn't like it? Fail....no relevance to actual success rates...

The liberal aganda has failed in education but we are too d@mned dumb to put an end to it.....get your I pad out and look that up....loser....

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 1

Sorry for linking to a site that asks for donations (I'm not trying to ask you all to donate).

I didn't even notice that at first.

I think kids should be educated; when I was in 5th grade in 2003 we got deodorant.

Should children as young as 5 begin to be introduced to sexual topics?

It's debatable; you all have some good points - kids at that age are curious.

They do ask a lot of questions; my stance is we need to leave it up to the parents.

As it is, the feds interfere with public education as it is; No Child Left Behind. Common Core, etc.

I'm worried about them incrementally removing the taboo of sex; of course sexy is a very natural thing.

It's very natural to be curious, but my worry lies with the over-sexualization of young children.

That's why I brought up Aldous Huxley:

The children were encouraged to be sexual at a young age by the state in the novel.

• Like 2

The state is looking to create "breeding" stock....."we must keep the herds strong"....flockofsheep_zpsf1a6a84d.gif

We all know this down deep inside.....who follows better than the uneducated and uninformed?

We have a problem in education and no one seems to be willing to take a stand.

I'll be honest....this bullet grazed me and my family....i got my kids into critical thinking age before the dmage was done....but many have not.

They need help.

My youngest daughter...who is a Ron Paul fan all on her own....has reached Junior age of college.....I am not against fighting the good fight with her help. We have done as much as we know how to do socially and locally and I have taught her that kindness is the best weapon against oppression....

She is beginning to "get it".....I am so proud of my "little knucklehead"....which is my affectionate term for her....she wants to see a better world and far more than her older sisters....she actually does things. I think I said before.....before we moved to this place, we used to go to the bakeries and even Subway and and a few other places to collect bread for the homeless shelter and the food bank....we did this at like 11:00 at night. I have tried to teach her that people suffer because some people are cruel and heartless and the only way to stop it is to do whatever you can do....we have a bond that I cannot explain......she is a fighter....my other 2 daughters do not like the hate and disparity but it is this "knucklehead" that joins me in a fight to do something about it...I am so proud of her...words do not do justice to the passion she feels with making things better....the right way. She is not a fan of the state....she loves Ron Paul....she liked Gary Johnson.....she "gets it"....and I am tickled to death....1 out of 3 aint bad.....

• Like 1

This thing of trying to "mature" children before their time is bullsh!t. Let children be children and when their brain evolves to the point of need ing real info....let the parents that know them best decide.....this is not a place for the overpowering and glorious state....

I agree, let kids be kids. To me there is nothing more precious, and beautiful than childlike innocence, and I want to keep my little boy like that for as long as I can. I don't want any government institution telling me, how to raise my child, it is none of their business, IMO.

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 3

Really? My daughter is a Kindergarten teacher and I can tell you that they ask 'baby origin' related questions all the time.

• Like 3

lol good grief. Do you guys seriously think that anyone is advocating teaching 4 and 5 year olds the mechanics of sex?

To me age appropriate information is along the lines of:

• Mommy and daddy make a baby. Baby grows in mommy's uterus.
  • Your body is your own and private.
  • Other people can touch you in some ways but not in others

• Like 2

Regarding how we treat people, there is no one-size-fits-all on this issue either. When kids are told what, if they're told at all, should be dependent on their environment. And their environment is dependent on their parents, not our debt-addicted masters in their marble halls.

If "No touchy my private places!" is appropriate for five year olds, it's none of Obama's business. That hypocrite needs to learn how to pay his own bills before sticking his nose into your household and mine and telling us how to raise our children now.

Our marriages are none of the Republicans' business too incidentally. I think all you politically-charged social engineers out there need another line of work, every one of ya. We can't have limited government just because the nanny state happens to be right-wing.

• Like 1

lol good grief. Do you guys seriously think that anyone is advocating teaching 4 and 5 year olds the mechanics of sex?

To me age appropriate information is along the lines of:

• Mommy and daddy make a baby. Baby grows in mommy's uterus.
  • Your body is your own and private.
  • Other people can touch you in some ways but not in others

Yes, they expect to learn something at their level.

And that the countries with the least qualified sex education also have the most teenage pregnancies bothers nobody around here?

• Like 5