Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange noises in Canada

qxcontinuum

It,s happening again. I have to admit I've heard it too here in Windsor Ontario Canada last summer. There are multiple reports worldwide recently about these strange sounds coming out of nowere. What could it be? Please don't tell me about the magnetic field making them. That is stoopid. It started to be heard and therefore documented since 2004

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/30/strange-sounds-heard_n_3845343.html

I've watched over 50 similar recordings on youtube from all over the globe and all are exactly the same

Edited by qxcontinuum
  • Like 1

Sounds like a old siren of some sort.

Some of the older videos are clear hoaxes and I maintain, as I did in the older thread and as mention in the article, that they had the trumpet audio from Red State edited into their videos. Some others are siren sounds. Or bigfoot, I guess.

• Like 1

I thought of it, you are referring to HAARP probably

I,ve personally heard this noise in Windsor Ontario. Not so louder but identical

• Like 1

It can be harp

No. It can't. Unless you mean a harp? An old out of tune harp that sounds like an old siren played over a PA system?

For you see, the research outfit known as HAARP operates out of Alaska and does absolutely nothing that would create this sort of sound and is completely benign, despite what some like to claim.

Edit: I wish people would stop bringing up HAARP. The same information is just ignored again and again.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 2

Yes of course, because none of these research programs funded by the US Air Force, US Navy and DARPA would have any impact on anyone, ever ...

Research at the HAARP includes

1. Plasma line observations
  2. Stimulated electron emission observations
  3. Gyro frequency heating research
  4. Spread F observations (blurring of ionospheric echoes of radio waves due to irregularities in electron density in the F layer)
  5. High velocity trace runs
  6. Airglow observations
  7. Heating induced scintillation observations
  8. VLF and ELF generation observations[6]
  9. Radio observations of meteors
  10. Polar mesospheric summer echoes (PMSE) have been studied, probing the mesosphere using the IRI as a powerful radar, and with a 28 MHz radar, and two VHF radars at 49 MHz and 139 MHz. The presence of multiple radars spanning both HF and VHF bands allows scientists to make comparative measurements that may someday lead to an understanding of the processes that form these elusive phenomena.
  11. Research on extraterrestrial HF radar echos: the Lunar Echo experiment (2008).[7][8]
  12. Testing of Spread Spectrum Transmitters (2009)
  13. Meteor shower impacts on the ionosphere
  14. Response and recovery of the ionosphere from solar flares and geomagnetic storms
  15. The effect of ionospheric disturbances on GPS satellite signal quality
  16. Producing high density plasma clouds in Earth's upper atmosphere[9]

source: http://en.wikipedia....esearch_Program

BTW I think the noise is a train.

No ill effects, no. HAARP doesn't even produce a 100th of the energy that we are bombarded with on a daily basis from cosmic radiation.

Also, I know full well who funds HAARP and the research they do.

You scared of radio observation of meteors? Think that will have a negative effect on you? That damn evil HAARP....

Edit: I'm not going to rehash old HAARP arguments with people that are afraid of science. I've done this dance already.

• Like 3

The Cosmic radiation argument lmao ... Ya I heard this same type of argument years ago when the fukushima nuclear reactor took a dump.

Nothing to rehash, I'm not interested in arguing, just the facts. NO, you do not know full well the research they do at the HAARP facility - Why on earth would the military share that information with you ? Are you some sort of special scientist ? Have they contracted you out ?

I smell BS.

-----

Imaginarynumber1 definition of the military:

• Rescue operations
  • Medical assistance in impoverished areas
  • Food & humanitarian relief
  • Security at embassies and other locations
  • Policing in volatile areas
  • Natural disaster relief
  • Law enforcement
  • Piracy and drug interdiction
  • Knit sweaters
  • Fly kites
  • Pillow Fights
  • Plant delicate flowers

Codemongers definition of the military:

• Blow S!#t Up!

So tell me again, what is HAARP for exactly ? ... nevermind ... wiki tells us everything we need to know.

rolling_eyes_neil_degrasse_tyson.gif

• Like 9

It can't be a train. It is very different. It does sound like a trumpeth or a blow instrument. While i was in windsor it seemed to come from the sky. In the same time the sky seem to be cloudy every time it occurs. It must be somethingelse naturaly.

There is an update online. Apparently in Terrace Bc all citizents have heard it. They are commenting on numerous similar videos on youtube

Look this is the official declaration of a mayer about these noises

http://www.ctvnews.ca/strange-noises-reported-around-north-battleford-1.758275

Apparently the government in Ottawa was asked already a few times to investigate the source of these noises

Ohh wow and here is one for the noise i've heard in windsor wth?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/story/2012/01/30/wdr-windsor-hum-rumble-zug-island.html

Edited by qxcontinuum
  • Like 1

Look this is the official declaration of a mayer about these noises

http://www.ctvnews.c...leford-1.758275

Apparently the government in Ottawa was asked already a few times to investigate the source of these noises

Ohh wow and here is one for the noise i've heard in windsor wth?

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...zug-island.html

It should be obvious that the sounds are real. The question is what are they? If they were not real they would not have been reported so widely around the world.

Like everything else there will be hoaxes. Expect that. Good investigators will learn to differentiate.

• Trudy U

Tuesday, June 4th, 11 pm

I live in a suburb of Vancouver, British Columbia.

At the time noted above, I took my dog out for a quick walk before bed.

Guys, I am not crazy, I have held down the same good job for over 15 years. And standing in that dead quiet cul-de-sac (over a mile away from any heavy traffic) I heard the following:

A low, roaring sound that grew in intensity that was then overlapped by a metallic sound - like holding a bunch of silverware in your hand and passing it back and forth, hand to hand.

Followed by a popping sound, something like two pieces of hardwood being clapped together and finally the sound of a low low deep trumpet or oboe. Very, very much like the sound they used in Tom Cruise's War of the Worlds.

I heard these sounds repeat 4 or 5 times. I could not pinpoint where they were coming from. Above me, below me, or at shoulder height. They were coming from.....everywhere.

I was afraid and ran into the house.

This was not: the sound of trains banging together, a airplane, a truck, construction (one person said perhaps it was construction -at 11 pm at night).

I don't think it is aliens,or Gabriel's horn sounding the End of Times. But these sounds have been happening all over the world for the past 4 years.

They are coming from somewhere and mean something. I think we will eventually find out - sooner rather than later.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2013/08/30/bc-terrace-sounds.html

Edited by zoser
  • Like 4

Does anyone want to bring the Reptilians into this?

• Like 3

rolling_eyes_neil_degrasse_tyson.gif

this is a lolgif I agree with. it's really the only thing that one can say.

• Like 1

* From the vid of it on you Tube, well, it sounds very much like large pieces of metal being moved about I don't believe "solar radiation" or any of these more imaginative explanations that people suggest.

* or necessarily ET, for that matter.

the question is though, why did the person videoing seem to be the only one that noticed it? Surely if it was that loud everyone would be out in the streets gawping at the sky?

Edited by Colonel Rhuairidh
  • Like 3

Sigh

I really wish people will give up on the noise form the sky bit

It should be obvious that the sounds are real.

Of course they are real for you zoser..

but do watch this youtube video.. it will explain a rather large number of the strange noise vids on youtube

• Like 4

Sigh

I really wish people will give up on the noise form the sky bit

Of course they are real for you zoser..

but do watch this youtube video.. it will explain a rather large number of the strange noise vids on youtube

Of course they are not real for you Dingo. After all if you haven't heard them how can they be?

http://www.sott.net/topic/23-Strange-Sounds

Edited by zoser

Golly gee whillikers, let's face it - noises could not possibly be investigated using our current technology!!! I mean, that would require a hideously complicated and unbelievably expensive directional microphone!! We are decades away from that sorta thing...

.. oh, wait.. about $25 at any tech store..

Slow news day, I'm betting, judging from the other headliner being War on the Obese - Blaming the Victim.

• Like 4

It,s happening again. I have to admit I've heard it too here in Windsor Ontario Canada last summer. There are multiple reports worldwide recently about these strange sounds coming out of nowere. What could it be? Please don't tell me about the magnetic field making them. That is stoopid. It started to be heard and therefore documented since 2004

http://www.huffingto..._n_3845343.html

I've watched over 50 similar recordings on youtube from all over the globe and all are exactly the same

Watched over 50 vids? My you do have time on your hands dont you, so after 50 vids on YT then you arrive at the conclusion its the angels trumpeting the end of the world eh? Did you read your own linked article through? if so youd have seen this bit

"Of course, a good deal of skepticism is required here -- you can't believe everything you see on YouTube, no matter how real it looks. One video that purportedly captured the strange sounds in Edmonton, Alberta, has garnered almost 800,000 views, despite being an admitted hoax. Many others have been pulled from YouTube for various violations, a possible sign that copycats have seized on the trend and produced bogus videos".

But no - lets not let rationality and common sense interfere with your youtube research

Edited by seeder
  • Like 4

The terms 'youtube' and 'research' should NEVER appear in the same sentence, paragraph, or page, imo..

• Like 7

Of course they are not real for you Dingo. After all if you haven't heard them how can they be?

http://www.sott.net/...-Strange-Sounds

[media=]

[/media]

funnily enough I have :D

if you go back through the posts regarding noises from the sky I said I had heard it..

turns out to be sound refraction that i heard coming from a mine about 200 km away from where we were

• Like 1

It's Nibiru honking at us to move out of the way.

• Like 5

It can be harp

HAARP has been shut down. And these noises have been debunked a long time ago. People make these videos with audio software and release them hoping they go viral and they make some money on their youtube channel. Ever notice that EVERY SINGLE video showing noise that has other people in the background, NO ONE in the background is even paying attention? That's because there was no noise. It was added later.

• Like 2

So ok then I had a quick look up of the sounds potential causes.. Starting with this guy - a geophysicist who works in the area of geodynamics and geotectonics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elchin_Khalilov

and he says:

"We have analyzed records of these sounds and found that most of their spectrum lies within the infrasound range, i.e. is not audible to humans. What people hear is only a small fraction of the actual power of these sounds. They are low-frequency acoustic emissions in the range between 20 and 100 Hz modulated by ultra-low infrasonic waves from 0.1 to 15 Hz. In geophysics, they are called acoustic-gravity waves; they are formed in the upper atmosphere, at the atmosphere-ionosphere boundary in particular. There can be quite a lot of causes why those waves are generated: earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, hurricanes, storms, tsunamis, etc.

and

" There is one more possible cause of these sounds and it may lie at the Earth's core. The fact is that the acceleration of the drift of the Earth's north magnetic pole which increased more than fivefold between 1998 and 2003 and is at the same level today points to intensification of energy processes in the Earth's core, since it is processes in the inner and outer core that form the Earth's geomagnetic field. Meanwhile, as we have already reported, on November 15, 2011 all ATROPATENA geophysical stations which record three-dimensional variations of the Earth's gravitational field almost simultaneously registered a powerful gravitational impulse. The stations are deployed in Istanbul, Kiev, Baku, Islamabad and Yogyakarta, with the first and last one being separated by a distance of about 10,000 km. Such a phenomenon is only possible if the source of this emanation is at the Earth's core level. That huge energy release from the Earth's core at the end of the last year was some kind of a start signal indicating the transition of the Earth's internal energy into a new active phase.

Now Im no geophysicist so cannot criticize his words...but it sounds more likely to me than alien machines stirring from an underground sleep, or the angels blowing trumpets as prophesied!! But even if nobody proposed such things as above, then as always with any phenomena, you should start a process of elimination, so,you need to think of everything possible, that can make sounds, rule them out one by one till your left with the most likely.

Had the OP watched just 2 vids on the sounds, and 48 other vids on possible explanations for the sounds, this may not have been posted with a potential question mark over it.

Also by careful surfing, we find this:

In an article called “Overhead Sounds in the Vicinity of Yellowstone Lake” from Science Magazine, 1893, by Edwin Linton, witnesses described hearing - "a reverberating sound, characterized by a slight metallic resonance, what one of the party called a kind of twisting yow-yow vibration"

And as we all know, Yellowstone is by/on a volcano....

• Like 5

Has anyone checked if the local media have any news stories on it? I find that one man's "mystery" on Youtube is easy to check on a local newspaper website that explains it away a lot easier. If nothing else it will suggest whether only one person heard what is technically a huge racket, or whether 100's or even 1000's of people reported hearing it. If that was loud enough to roll over the hills as suggested then I would imagine the local Police would have received dozens of calls about the noise from "terrified" citizens. If no reports, and no media coverage other than a single Youtube video.... it suggests someone with a metal ruler on a cello just behind the cameraman's head! lol

• Like 1

Definitely Gabriel sounding the trumpet.No one said he could play very well...Just meant to let you know your time is short.

• Like 1

It was on the radio and national TV as well, a few times already.

In the same time in numerous articles related to similar sounds from Saskatoon oficialities like the mayor of the city declared hearing these noises.

Ottawa was asked to investigate. It is largely than just noises on youtube

For example the city of windsor paid 60.000 to a high tech team to investigate the misterios hum sound.

Ian Hamilton, North Battleford's mayor, says he can't explain it. "What I experienced was a scraping sound, like a snowplow."

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/strange-noises-reported-around-north-battleford-1.758275#ixzz2dYUh7OvK

So far i,ve heard a lot of suppositions as what could be the cause. Some just locally related but lets not forget it is happenining across the world and repetedly in Canada

1) city worker using a grinder

2) detroit factories

3) train

3) mine workers

4) magnetic waves

5) fakes

6) haarp

• Like 1