Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange noises in Canada

qxcontinuum

I have worked in Construction for many years and that is not the sound of snowplows, cranes, or any equipment I have worked around. And I work right next to this equipment daily. Sounds like dragging metal mostly but with the extent of these sounds it has to be very close to the recorder which in my opinion means that everyone in that vicinity would know where these sounds are coming from.

• Like 1

The Cosmic radiation argument lmao ... Ya I heard this same type of argument years ago when the fukushima nuclear reactor took a dump.

Nothing to rehash, I'm not interested in arguing, just the facts. NO, you do not know full well the research they do at the HAARP facility - Why on earth would the military share that information with you ? Are you some sort of special scientist ? Have they contracted you out ?

I smell BS.

-----

Imaginarynumber1 definition of the military:

• Rescue operations
  • Medical assistance in impoverished areas
  • Food & humanitarian relief
  • Security at embassies and other locations
  • Policing in volatile areas
  • Natural disaster relief
  • Law enforcement
  • Piracy and drug interdiction
  • Knit sweaters
  • Fly kites
  • Pillow Fights
  • Plant delicate flowers

Codemongers definition of the military:

• Blow S!#t Up!

So tell me again, what is HAARP for exactly ? ... nevermind ... wiki tells us everything we need to know.

BTW I think that noise is industrial based along with the one in Windsor, I don't think it is a big deal.

Actually, we know very well what is going on the HAARP research facility, we just don't know how exactly the funding agencies use the results from HAARP.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 2

I have worked in Construction for many years and that is not the sound of snowplows, cranes, or any equipment I have worked around. And I work right next to this equipment daily. Sounds like dragging metal mostly but with the extent of these sounds it has to be very close to the recorder which in my opinion means that everyone in that vicinity would know where these sounds are coming from.

but the debunk vid didnt say that, it said it was a sound clip from a movie

Better listen to Bade`s ! HE will evaporate you with one of his Laser`s. We all know that the sounds are Big Foot after a major score on the Pork& beans plant ! :tu:

but the debunk vid didnt say that, it said it was a sound clip from a movie

So you are saying it is all a youtube fake. Therefore lots of people hearing the noise were liers, including officialities like mayor, police, Canadian television, Cbc radio, bbc radio, the windsor city has paid 60.000 to find the source, ottawa is on it. You are obviously calling me liar since i claimed hearing the same sound last year. ?

Obviously you don't know Canadians. Misterios phenomena is the latest concern of all Canadian to believe in or fakin it. We live our lives like in the reality tv shows, working not harder but smarter and having as much fun we can get in the weekend. We're spending so much time each day in ****ty trafic and having tons if obligations or occupied with our social relations that makes us to be with legs on earth, and certainly we don't have time or ideas to see plains as ufo's, or sunset as a huge " ball of fire" . We are realistic and we like politics, hockey or making love. We eat healthy organic food ( ontario growth) not Hormons,

So when some videos and claims of weird stuff is coming from Canadians you gotta believe in.

Edited by qxcontinuum

So you are saying it is all a youtube fake. Therefore lots of people hearing the noise were liers, including officialities like mayor, police, Canadian television, Cbc radio, bbc radio, the windsor city has paid 60.000 to find the source, ottawa is on it. You are obviously calling me liar since i claimed hearing the same sound last year. ?

Obviously you don't know Canadians. Misterios phenomena is the latest concern of all Canadian to believe in or fakin it. We live our lives like in the reality tv shows, working not harder but smarter and having as much fun we can get in the weekend. We're spending so much time each day in ****ty trafic and having tons if obligations or occupied with our social relations that makes us to be with legs on earth, and certainly we don't have time or ideas to see plains as ufo's, or sunset as a huge " ball of fire" . We are realistic and we like politics, hockey or making love. We eat healthy organic food ( ontario growth) not Hormons,

So when some videos and claims of weird stuff is coming from Canadians you gotta believe in.

How many of these people (BBC radio?) actually heard any of it? How many reports have there been, other than videdos on you Tube? If these noises were supposedly heard all over cities, then why are there not loads of reports from reliable sources? Why are there not reports from thousands of people that they heard them? Why, in the videos on you Tube, does no one seem to take any notice at all apart from the one making the vedo? Can you explain that? What's not knowing Canadians got to do with it?

Edited by Colonel Rhuairidh
  • Like 2

You know, it's all well and good to be glib, or try to be amusing, about these strange noises that have been heard and recorded all over the planet, but I think it might be wise to try and actually find out what's going on. Seems to me it could be something - probably is - very serious. This isn't the first instance and I suspect it won't be the last. Something is either happening inside our planet or in the atmosphere around it...and judging by the sounds people are hearing, it can't possible be good.

You know, it's all well and good to be glib, or try to be amusing, about these strange noises that have been heard and recorded all over the planet, but I think it might be wise to try and actually find out what's going on. Seems to me it could be something - probably is - very serious. This isn't the first instance and I suspect it won't be the last. Something is either happening inside our planet or in the atmosphere around it...and judging by the sounds people are hearing, it can't possible be good.

and if you read all the thread you will see that bonafide and scientific explanations have already been given. Along wiith other reasons such as viral hoaxers

• Like 1

It,s happening again. I have to admit I've heard it too here in Windsor Ontario Canada last summer. There are multiple reports worldwide recently about these strange sounds coming out of nowere. What could it be? Please don't tell me about the magnetic field making them. That is stoopid. It started to be heard and therefore documented since 2004

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/30/strange-sounds-heard_n_3845343.html

I've watched over 50 similar recordings on youtube from all over the globe and all are exactly the same

"UPDATE (31-Aug-2013) This is getting major coverage on Canada TV. Checking on Twitter, the mystery mongers are out in force saying it’s apocalyptic. Here are some other suggestions I found:

“trumpets of Biblical proportions”

electromagnetic sounds

HAARP (not active)

aliens

Horn of Gondor (my favorite)

train brakes

and regarding the last one – check out THIS video and don’t tell me this doesn’t happen."

http://doubtfulnews.com/2013/08/metallic-sounds-in-bc-town-freak-people-out/

Sounds like a perfect match to me! :)

• Like 3

It's Nibiru honking at us to move out of the way.

hahaha....that really tickled me..... :D

those noises in the OP video are pretty funny...it made me think of Jurassic Park ^_^

• Like 1

"UPDATE (31-Aug-2013) This is getting major coverage on Canada TV. Checking on Twitter, the mystery mongers are out in force saying it's apocalyptic. Here are some other suggestions I found:

"trumpets of Biblical proportions"

electromagnetic sounds

HAARP (not active)

aliens

Horn of Gondor (my favorite)

train brakes

and regarding the last one – check out THIS video and don't tell me this doesn't happen."

[media=]

[/media]

http://doubtfulnews....eak-people-out/

Sounds like a perfect match to me!

Nice! It does sound a lot alike! WD-40 Anyone?

Edited by Ugly1
  • Like 1

I think what he was saying is that you have come up with a number of stories of what the sounds can be, and then you say they are hoaxes, you sort of flip flop.

He is correct, Canadians are very different. We live in a huge country (land mass) with a small population. Hoaxes and attention are not exactly part of Canadian culture. In general we would rather sit around, drink beer, watch hockey, and enjoy American/British entertainment. We have invested government money into researching these noises.

No flip flop from me, the times Ive used the word HOAX is when I've copied and pasted text. But while Im on the subject, My other findings were - (and Im copy/pasting what I wrote earlier)

There is a valid geologic/scientific explanation for the alleged sounds.

Despite stories, there are cases where the alleged videos were made, where no-one actually reported any sounds to anyone

A sharp eared web guy studied and isolated the sounds and compared the wave forms and sounds, to the same sounds in a movie, (about sounds in the skies funny enough), and has suggested without doubt, the sounds are the same. I happen to agree with the samples he chose.

A video has been posted that shows a snow plough and the sounds it makes, along with examples saying road scrapers also make sustained long sounds...at night...when the roads are not busy

And...a pro UFO site has claimed they are the hoaxed works of religious cults,

So remind me again how I have flip flopped pls?

typos

Edited by seeder

This is what I had originally said, train in Post#6. I used to live by a rail station and at night this is exactly all you would here, miles away. It was loud.

Thanks for this post. Finally some sensible investigation!

Sensible indeed. This covers why it only started recently as well as the intermittence and why it's only localized to certain areas. It'd be interesting to see if the effected communities within each country were on the same rail lines. One of the European ones I think mentions alternating hot-cold weather too, perfect conditions for a temperature inversion which could make them all the louder.

• Like 1

This is what I had originally said, train in Post#6. I used to live by a rail station and at night this is exactly all you would here, miles away. It was loud.

Thanks for this post. Finally some sensible investigation!

Doubtful News is always worth a read.

I get regular feeds from FB.

I think what he was saying is that you have come up with a number of stories of what the sounds can be, and then you say they are hoaxes, you sort of flip flop.

He is correct, Canadians are very different. We live in a huge country (land mass) with a small population. Hoaxes and attention are not exactly part of Canadian culture. In general we would rather sit around, drink beer, watch hockey, and enjoy American/British entertainment. We have invested government money into researching these noises.

I don't know, a search on Canadian hoaxes seems to show you aren't much different from the rest of us when it comes to mischief making.

• Like 1

Which is it, a hoax,

I'm confused. If the position is that they are a hoax, how could there be a geological explanation. Is the geological explanation a hoax ?

Or are you saying some are a hoax, some are geological, some are trains, some may be a snow plough ?

My confusion comes from the idea that you know there are a number of possibilities for the sounds, so admit they do exist, no one is making this stuff up - with the exception of faked videos (which happen to apply to everything). If there are multiple possibilities, why not be open to further investigation to exclude possibilities and include more ? We can't assume everything has been explained or debunked, that is just silly. The windsor sounds are a good exmaple, which I am sure it will eventually come to a conclusion.

Quick question, Is the OP link to the video a hoax ?

The simple explanation is surely that some, probably the first ones, were legitimate, and then they were copied, using samples of the same sound, by people wishing to have fun by Hoaxing the inter Net.

• Like 2

I've read that the metallic, grinding noise excretes from the Earth's core.

Apparently, it is collapsing.

I don't know if I believe any of that.

well, the Earth's core isn't solid metal, so there's probably nothing to worry about, too much.

• Like 1

Which is it, a hoax,

I'm confused. If the position is that they are a hoax, how could there be a geological explanation. Is the geological explanation a hoax ?

Or are you saying some are a hoax, some are geological, some are trains, some may be a snow plough ?

My confusion comes from the idea that you know there are a number of possibilities for the sounds,

Oniomancer has already helped with your confusion, if youre still confused, re read the thread or just my posts. But heres a little clue!

1. The ufo website claimed that the vids were made by a religious hoax group.

2: The guy who analysed the sounds in however many vids he studied, concluded that they used the same sounds from a movie, no matter where the vids claimed to be from. So he is confirming number 1 above..

3: The geologic explanation is valid, as it COULD be that in reality. at some time and in some locations.

4: Other explanations of snow ploughs, road scrapers, train brakes or tracks squealing, are equally valid suggestions.

So maybe your confusion is simply, you dont know whats the best explanation right? And neither do I as Ive never heard sounds like that in the UK.

So we can say that the YT vids or proportion of them at least - are hoaxed.

If youre still confused I dont think I can help you anymore. What has been shown is there are numerous valid possibilities, and its also been shown that some vids are clearly hoaxed.

Of course that only leaves the beginning of the apocalypse and the angel trumpeters.. So which explanation you choose is up to you

edit to add: And Ive asked before for CREDIBLE reports and news stories that carry this story, cant remember who now but he/she never offered hard reports

Is this even making the mainstream media at all? Where can I find reports from the thousands of people who hear these noises?

Anyone care to help?

Edited by seeder

The first time I heard this video I recognized the sound immediately. The problem I have with the explanation, is that this would have been a regular occurence, nothing new. I would never post a video and have gone to the news about this noise, because it would have been normal to me. Why would people in this town have only heard this noise once ? I am curious about this, apparently the majority of the town heard this sound.

Suppose a change in conditions. How regular is the schedule, and is this a common thing or a maintenance issue? if the latter, this line could've gone years without doing it.

If it is being amplified by the weather, then the recent climate changes could be creating conditions that haven't existed previously except on rare occasions, and more frequently. In this scenario, you have to have the train passing through, you have to have it doing whatever it does that causes the noise, you have to have everything just right for the noise to be audible at a particular level and distance, and someone around to hear it and take notice enough to report it, a perfect storm of coincident events.

I would put some of it down to the Youtube effect as well. Person experiences thing they're not familiar with. Person records it. Person posts it to Youtube. Others with similar experiences view and chime in. A phenomenon is born.

I would put some of it down to the Youtube effect as well. Person experiences thing they're not familiar with. Person records it. Person posts it to Youtube. Others with similar experiences view and chime in. A phenomenon is born.

Like the Gangnam Style copy cat vids, and like the Planking pics and vids.

http://en.wikipedia..../Planking_(fad)

And all the other things that go viral/get copied too :tu:

Edited by seeder