Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

USA follows British lead

Elfin

Hopefully Congress votes against. After 12 years of war we don't need to find another fire to put out.

• Like 6

It should automatically be assumed that anytime we are military involved in a country that it gets put to a vote by congress.

Our presidents should not have the power to start wars.

• Like 5

After listening to congressmen on TV tonight,I think Obama might struggle to get a yes vote.

• Like 1

After listening to congressmen on TV tonight,I think Obama might struggle to get a yes vote.

Perhaps I was dozing in class, but I didn't hear Obama say this issue was going to be put to a vote in Congress. It should be, but I didn't hear that. He will consult congress and 'allies.' Consult means a lot of things, but not an up/down vote. What is more telling is that Obama has game-changed three times, in just this past week. As I was reminded, weeks ago in another thread, that is not leadership. It is embarrassing.

• Like 2

Perhaps I was dozing in class, but I didn't hear Obama say this issue was going to be put to a vote in Congress. It should be, but I didn't hear that. He will consult congress and 'allies.' Consult means a lot of things, but not an up/down vote. What is more telling is that Obama has game-changed three times, in just this past week. As I was reminded, weeks ago in another thread, that is not leadership. It is embarrassing.

From what I understand Obama has sent a letter to Congress asking for Authorisation for limited military action against Assad.This would require a vote.

• Like 1

Thats what Obama wants, he can then say "well, I WANTED top, but ya know...congress can't get anything done."

Dude's machiavellian as *****

• Like 5

Thats what Obama wants, he can then say "well, I WANTED top, but ya know...congress can't get anything done."

Dude's machiavellian as *****

Ha, good point. I really think that to be plausible.

Its honestly one of the few things about him I'm all about. Specific personal views he and i disagree on, among other things, but damn if he doesn't know how to play the game.

Its honestly one of the few things about him I'm all about. Specific personal views he and i disagree on, among other things, but damn if he doesn't know how to play the game.

He has an absolutely enormous ego though...he does NOT like having his hand slapped by anyone. My guess is he loses this one though - no Syrian strike. While that MAY be a good thing, it also is detrimental to the country as well. He diminishes the office nearly every time he opens his mouth imo.

Ah, hes not all that bad. I'm not fighting cats in back alleys over scraps of food so I'm pretty happy.

I think all of them have to have an ego or they wouldn't believe they're the right person to run the country, and his is telling him that its in his best interest to not get involved, so when this inevitably fails, since congress is held by the republican party at this point who aren't interested in this particular war, he has a scape goat

Ah, hes not all that bad. I'm not fighting cats in back alleys over scraps of food so I'm pretty happy.

I think all of them have to have an ego or they wouldn't believe they're the right person to run the country, and his is telling him that its in his best interest to not get involved, so when this inevitably fails, since congress is held by the republican party at this point who aren't interested in this particular war, he has a scape goat

I don't doubt his political ability. But there are times when right is right and it should be done regardless the politics. Both parties seem to have lost that wisdom and it isn't good for the country.

Well, I won't argue morality, that's not my thing.

But I will say these men act in their best interest, and since they are who run the country, whats good for them is generally good for all of us.

am telling you now .. there won't be agreement and probably no strike

unfortunatly for us .. the hesitation of obama is going to harm us more than the syrian government missiles

first off the government in case of airstrike never took place is going to think .. and that's for sure

that they are free to do whatever they want without punishment from the world

and that means all kinda of weapons including chemical will be used on wide areas

but eaitherways.. am not worried about " us "

we're going to the end of the road with our revolution for freedom

and eventally even if it takes all eternitiy .. we will win

am worried about obama though .. how is he going to face the russians : after saying that syrian government cannot hide behind russia anymore

and russian cannot protect them anymore

how is he going to face his " red line " comment ?

in the future mr.obama .. if he has nothing to say .. then say nothing

it's not for us .. but hell usa reputation became downhill people calling him paper president now

you harmed us with such comments .. you harmed us more when you backing down

in the future you eaither help .. or don't

in eaither way .. say nothing for god sake :D

Edited by Knight Of Shadows
  • Like 1

From what I understand Obama has sent a letter to Congress asking for Authorisation for limited military action against Assad.This would require a vote.

But in yesterday's (Sat., 8/31) speech he stated he believes he has the authority to act without congressional authorization. I think he's left himself an 'out.' I don't think that's a good approach.

But in yesterday's (Sat., 8/31) speech he stated he believes he has the authority to act without congressional authorization. I think he's left himself an 'out.' I don't think that's a good approach.

I think he means by that is if Congress was undecided