Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
The Puzzler

Trojans from Cucuteni-Trypillian Culture

4 posts in this topic

I made this post last night in another thread, which wasn't really appropriate and after looking at it more I think it deserves it's own topic, of which I will be researching it all more as I go.

This is quite interesting imo and gives me a whole new thought pattern.

Archaeological finds from the Troad dating back to the Chalcolithic period show striking affinity to archaeological finds known from the same era in Muntenia and Moldavia, and there are other traces which suggest close ties between the Troad and the Carpatho-Balkan region of Europe. Archaeologists in fact have stated that the styles of certain ceramic objects and bone figurines show that these objects were brought into the Troad by Carpatho-Danubian colonists; for example, certain ceramic objects have been shown to have Cucuteni origins.

http://en.wikipedia....danians_(Trojan)

Aeneas was a Dardanian, Trojans were basically a line of Dardanians.

This is a line of Atlas, through Elektra, daughter of Atlas and mother of Dardanus, founder of Dardania, in the Troad.

I'll get to an Atlantis connection soon, but firstly I'm concentrating on the Trojans and/or Dardanians being from this culture, which was all but over by c.3000BC.

What's especially interesting is it might explain the Romans better - said to be descended from Aeneus, a Dardanian. The Carpathian Basin is much closer to Italy than Troy and seems a whole lot more logical, even to look at ancient Romans and their language to imagine that they actually trickled down from that area themselves, rather than an odd story about Aeneus fleeing Troy and being related to him via that scenario.

The Romans claimed descent from Venus - a mother Goddess of them all. The Venus style figures are abundant at the Cucuteni sites.

The creation of towns by a circular layout, the building of towns over existing layers and the burning of them indicates similarities to Troy as well.

Edited by The Puzzler

Some of you might recall me noticing some Basque words seemed to appear in Trojan names, Iliad for one, based in the word for ' town' - ili - Ilium

Basque words seem very old to me, because of the manner they are constructed to explain things.

hiri `Town, city'. The word is ancient, and its earlier form *ili is attested in a number of ancient place names, the most famous being the mysterious Iliberris in Granada (modern Elvira); this is transparently *ili plus berri `new', but no one knows how a Basque place name could be found so far south.

Very ancient word, here's another one that I knew but noticed it used for Semitic too - harri as stone - this transfers everywhere I look, it's herri for town also - possibly because towns were on mountains, as they often were in Europe, burghs.

The issue of Sakir-Har's name, one of the three earliest 15th Dynasty kings, also leans towards a West Semitic or Canaanite origin for the Hyksos rulers—if not the Hyksos peoples themselves. As Ryholt notes, the name Sakir-Har: “

is evidently a theophorous name compounded with hr, Canaanite harru, [or] 'mountain.' This sacred or deified mountain is attested in at least two other names, both West Semitic (Yaqub-Har and Anat-Har), and so there is reason to suspect that the present name also may be West Semitic.

So, harru is mountain in Semitic and harri is stone in Basque...

I made this post last night in another thread, which wasn't really appropriate and after looking at it more I think it deserves it's own topic, of which I will be researching it all more as I go.

This is quite interesting imo and gives me a whole new thought pattern.

Archaeological finds from the Troad dating back to the Chalcolithic period show striking affinity to archaeological finds known from the same era in Muntenia and Moldavia, and there are other traces which suggest close ties between the Troad and the Carpatho-Balkan region of Europe. Archaeologists in fact have stated that the styles of certain ceramic objects and bone figurines show that these objects were brought into the Troad by Carpatho-Danubian colonists; for example, certain ceramic objects have been shown to have Cucuteni origins.

hello puzzler

the stele at the front gate of hissarlik l is pretty much a dead giveaway to a gumelnita/karanovo/cucuteni/trypolye connection

troy06.jpg

http://www.salimbeti...nei/history.htm

cucuteni/trypillians and atlantis? it does look like a racetrack in the middle of their huge round villages doesn't it.

maydanetske.jpg

20080599.jpg

their distant relations around szemely were building little copies of atlantis too

szemely.jpg

did the cucuteni/trypolye travel like atlanteans? note this display of the evolution of trypolye idols to 2400BC at the national history museum in moscow

f470145f20f2.jpg

state_history_museum2.jpg

now look at this lady dated 1600 - 1100BC from tyre lebanon in the louvre

09-583652.jpg

http://www.photo.rmn...bE=2C6NU0KNM3JV

and then this dated 1450 - 1200BC from cyprus in the britmu

ps132632_l.jpg

http://www.britishmu..._and_child.aspx

but they descend from the starcevo in the middle danube so wouldn't you look for atlantis there? could you find a better troy there too?

peace

1 person likes this

Thanks very much cern for the great pictures and much food for thought. The holding of the child reminds me of Isis and Horus, but also Erichthonius coming out of Gaia (Mother).

Years ago on here, a member tried to place Atlantis in the Carpathian basin and it was hard to get my head around but the more you look the more you find.

Seems also that E1b1b has crossed from North Africa into Europe, maybe around 4200BC (to Greece, Macedonia, Albania Balkan area) as the Sahara dried. It may have been this transition that originally spread the 'Atlanteans' around, coming from North Africa earlier on - or at least some portion of them - settling in the Danube Basin and Carpathian area. Then heading East c. 3000BC, with the first building on the Troy site. Starcevo might be some G2a3, keeping in line with Old Europe but with an influx of North Africans at 4000BC.

Very interesting post you gave, thanks again, love the similar mother figures. I'll think some more what it means in relation to the topic for me.

Edited by The Puzzler