Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bird that’s ruffling government feathers.

Commander CMG

• Concerned man took the bird to a police station in the Qena governorate
  • Suspected the bird was an spy because it carried an electronic device
  • Experts said the device was neither an explosive nor a spying device and was likely a tracking device

arrow3.gifView: Read more

Ah, the spirit of Hartlepool lives on in Egypt.

Wasn't there a very similar story recently about a Falcon or something that was detained in Turkey suspected of being a Syrian spy or something like that?

I am losing hope for humanity now, we're doomed if this is the state of the intelligence communities in our most sensitive regions of the world.

• Like 3

I guess if they can arrest a bird for spying they probably don't have the intelligence to recognise it either? :D

:lol:

I thought it was funny how one said it was a swan while the other said it was a stork. Someone doesn't know their birds! lol. To be fair though the Daily Mail have pics of the actual stork whereas the Telegraph don't, apart from the stock pic they've used to go with the story which they've picked up wrong. It's not often you see a mix up like this, that's funny in itself :D

Edited by Still Waters
  • Like 3

:lol:

I thought it was funny how one said it was a swan while the other said it was a stork. Someone doesn't know their birds! lol. To be fair though the Daily Mail have pics of the actual stork whereas the Telegraph don't, apart from the stock pic they've used to go with the story which they've picked up wrong. It's not often you see a mix up like this, that's funny in itself :D

My Stork look like it is actually behind bars..

My Stork look like it is actually behind bars..

The article says they have it in a police cell. Yours is a real 'jailbird' :D

• Like 2

• Concerned man took the bird to a police station in the Qena governorate
  • Suspected the bird was an spy because it carried an electronic device
  • Experts said the device was neither an explosive nor a spying device and was likely a tracking device

arrow3.gifView: Read more

Well, of course it's a tracking device. The bird was under "flight arrest" after robbing a bank, but flew away. :passifier:

• Like 1

Well, of course it's a tracking device. The bird was under "flight arrest" after robbing a bank, but flew away. :passifier:

The Judge was hesitant to post bail…. He knew it was a flight risk once freed.

• Like 1

Hey, they arrested all those birds in the Columbia a few years back.

They don't call them jail birds for nothing