Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Landslide Lucky Escape

Eldorado

A driver in Taiwan has a lucky escape as they are nearly crushed by a giant boulder from a landslide. (Media sources report no injuries)

[media=]

[/media] Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 4

Wow!.....phew!

• Like 2

What a heart stopper!

• Like 2

Landslides are pretty common where I live... years ago I witnessed something similar to that after being evacuated from a lake front vacation home to a hotel in a larger town. We were driving along the Columbia river and a mess of rocks came tumbling down out of the sky, although none as big as that boulder. One of the stones smashed in the hood of my friends car who was in front of me on the road... it totaled his car. We had to leave his car on the road, and have him jump into mine and we had to run around clearing a path to get around the slide praying more wouldn't come down and crush us... crazy weekend from hell it was.

Also, when I lived on an island off the Washington coast for a while, the cliff side bluff behind my beach front house collapsed and knocked my house a foot off its foundation. Landslides suck. Now I wisely live on top of a very stable hill. LOL. I never want to be in a slide zone again... LOL.

• Like 3

Wow, MissMelsWell. Thank goodness you survived that. The film is amazing!

• Like 1

omg! thats one big rock ! phewww .. lucky no 1 got hurt oi oi

• Like 1

...Now I wisely live on top of a very stable hill. LOL. I never want to be in a slide zone again... LOL.

That's even worse! You could become incorporated into the landslide! Just kidding :) [not]

• Like 1

oh wow he was lucky for sure

• Like 1

i bet you his naughty-bits were far up in his tummy at that time

• Like 2

If its not time for you to die, not even a few ton of boulder will kill you. Still can't believe it. Seems like something out of a final destination movie except the driver lives. He should buy the lotto or something. At least he got an excuse to get a new car.

Edited by MrPringle
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well, there's something you don't see everyday! Clean shorts were probable in order for the driver!

• Like 1

If its not time for you to die, not even a few ton of boulder will kill you. Still can't believe it. Seems like something out of a final destination movie except the driver lives. He should buy the lotto or something. At least he got an excuse to get a new car.

He would be better off keeping his money; statistically one "lucky" event has no bearing on another. But an event like this would sure get someone thinking about their own mortality.

• Like 1

Wow, I whinge when pebbles get catapulted to my windscreen from cars ahead of me. Feeling a little sheepish about that right now.

• Like 1