Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

1 Year Old Brooklyn Boy Shot in Stroller

Kowalski

What is wrong with people?! This is just awful! :cry:

] (CNN)[/b] -- A 1-year-old boy was shot and killed as his parents pushed his stroller across a Brooklyn street Sunday evening, New York City police said.

The parents of Antiq Hennis were pushing the stroller across Livonia Avenue, near their home, about 7:19 p.m. when the child was shot in the left side of the head, a police statement said. He was pronounced dead on arrival at Brookdale Hospital.

The police statement offered no details on the circumstances of the shooting and said no arrests had been made.

Link: http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/01/justice/new-york-baby-shot/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

just another case of where we need more gun control ...

the kind of gun control that you get from hours of target practice at a gun range .

had the shooter had even the most basic skill at useing the hand gun , the father would be dead , and the one year old would still be alive ...

however , if the drugs were legal in the same way they were in 1902 and/or gun laws were designed for the health and safty of the public , the father would not have the jail time and crimnal history he had .... and some obama supporter and anti gun controll (aka : anti trigger pull and site picture ) street cleaner would not likely have been running and gunning for him .

• Like 1

A few thousand are killed from terrorism and we rip apart the bill of rights in reaction. Since then hundreds of thousands dead from gun violence and still no gun control

This makes me sick to my stomach..

Me too....

just another case of where we need more gun control ...

the kind of gun control that you get from hours of target practice at a gun range .

had the shooter had even the most basic skill at useing the hand gun , the father would be dead , and the one year old would still be alive ...

however , if the drugs were legal in the same way they were in 1902 and/or gun laws were designed for the health and safty of the public , the father would not have the jail time and crimnal history he had .... and some obama supporter and anti gun controll (aka : anti trigger pull and site picture ) street cleaner would not likely have been running and gunning for him .

True. But, I don't know all the details of the story. Maybe after having a son the guy was trying to get out of the criminal element. Just a very sad story....

Another link: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/02/boy-1-shot-to-death-in-st_n_3855700.html

I hope that this child is now in a better place. Our world is filled with lunatics. :-\

• Like 1

Since then hundreds of thousands dead from gun violence and still no gun control

take your gun control b,s, somewhere else. it has little to do with the thread

• Like 2

A dead baby says different

A dead baby says different

a dead baby doesn't say anything, and neither should you since you are clueless to what gun control really does in real world.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

A few thousand are killed from terrorism and we rip apart the bill of rights in reaction. Since then hundreds of thousands dead from gun violence and still no gun control

imagine ... one day you are picked up by the police and arrested for killing the infant .

you clear your name with the police , show that you didn't do it ... they let you go home... the next day you are picked up by the police and arrested for killing the infant . its a paper work error ... they release you ... you go home .

a police car ram's your car and your thrown to the ground , braking your hand... arrested and charged with resisting arrest , and booked as a flight risk and held over night .... your fired from your job because the people at work think you killed the kid . the police know you didn't kill the kid , but your going to court for eluding , evasion and resisting arrest .

you go to trial , and convicted .

did i mention that you had nothing at all to do with the kid being killed .

your tax money at work .... turn off the money... your getting the police state that you pay for...

more guns less crime

• Like 1

The gun was probably stolen or obtained illegally..... Not sure what gun control has to do with this thread anyway...

I don't understand why people want to blame an inanimate object, and not the thug piece if $**** that pulled the trigger....

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 1

The gun was probably stolen or obtained illegally..... Not sure what gun control has to do with this thread anyway...

I don't understand why people want to blame an inanimate object, and not the thug piece if $**** that pulled the trigger....

yep a guy with 20 arrests in different states most likely has same kind of ppl after him, no way any gun control can take guns out of their hands. i would not be surprised if it was gang related black on black crime that media never mentioned in details.

• Like 1

you can be arrested for the carry of a conceiled hand gun... if you ware a hand gun openly in nearly any major city , the police will arrest you for nearly any thing they can get away with .

please look at this logicaly... then look at the word infringe. or ...

run away from the assault on your politics and call me names . hide behind the police with the gun

• Like 2

in a free world , the conceptual function of a police officer is

1) lead , muster , and drill a unit of the irregular militia assigned to him ( as an officer of the court ) by the sheriff and follow the orders given to him by the sheriff .

2) gather evidence of a crime , and deliver such evidence as clearly to the court as posable .

3) serve search warrents , other serve the court as it may require greater than the orders of the sheriff .

the practical function is serving paper , and traffic speed reduction .

logicaly , greater harm is done by traffic speed reduction ... than no traffic control at all .

in that when people are granted immunity from responcible behavior ... they drive the posted speed , and not the reasonable speed .

but is that not the same with everything....

when the federal goverment grants immunity from bad behavior outcomes ... people act badly... and babys get killed in stollers ... because the shooter has played vidio games ... but not actualy fired a real gun in his life ...

• Like 1

Link: http://www.foxnews.c...test=latestnews

Police investigating the death of a 1-year-old boy who was shot in his stroller during a walk on a city street believe his father was the intended target, Commissioner Raymond Kelly said Monday.

Authorities have some leads in the killing of Antiq Hennis in Brooklyn on Sunday night and believe his death may be gang-related, Kelly said.

Edited by Kowalski