Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unidentified animal seen on trail cam

Still Waters

Wow, if you can't see that then you really do need to see a doctor about those eyes. It's a stumpy thing, bears don't have tails like lions.

yup. Stardrive says so too.

I'm voted off the island!

I'm thinking bear also.

Just looking at the legs, it is easy to see that they are not nearly long enough, or thick enough to be from a bipedal bigfoot.

Of course there are not other pics, because this is the only one of probably a dozen that is not obviously a bear,

Judging off the weeds and trees, it is not even a very big bear. Probably only a little bigger then a average dog.

Edited by DieChecker

yup. Stardrive says so too.

I'm voted off the island!

Departure denied!! lol

I'm with DC, there probably are other pics, but they all clearly show a bear.

• Like 1

Somebody dumped their exotic pet in the woods when it became an adult.

Happens all the time which probably explains a lot of these sightings.

It's a bear with mange. I can tell it's not a primate of any kind become of the body type, and the head shape.

It looks like a black bear to me. It also doesn't look like a trail cam pic at all. Where is the time and date stamp that most all trail cam pics show? Also, just one photo? I have my cams set for at least 3 photos a minute.

Mike

Yeah, that's a recurring theme in mystery animal trail cam pics. Cynics like myself say it's because the other pictures they doubtlessly have give a less mysterious view of the creature, believers say . . .

Hey, a clear picture for once. Too bad there isn't more than one photo.

a bear with mange perhaps.. here are a few pictures to compare along side the original.

Original

post-129343-0-30392500-1378158005_thumb.

Bears

post-129343-0-27119800-1378158035_thumb.

post-129343-0-98771600-1378158057_thumb.

I am in agreement.

I'm no expert on bears, but judging from the downward slope of the terrain, I would guess it's a bear that just crossed a stream or a river. And again, I'm no expert on mange, but I don't see evidence of hair loss, just matted fur.