Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

is this perfection or somethng else.

danielost

The bible says that god is the same today, tomorrow and yesterday. So does that make him perfect. Christ said to be perfect as god in heaven is.

The Bible says a lot of crap, does not mean you should listen.

Edited by krypter3
  • Like 3

Well correction, doesn't mean you have to listen...wait no...no you shouldn't listen.

Edited by krypter3

The bible says that god is the same today, tomorrow and yesterday. So does that make him perfect. Christ said to be perfect as god in heaven is.

Does God still enjoy the smell of burnt sacrifices?

If god is the same today, tomorrow and yesterday then why did he bother with Jesus and the New Testament? Seems that if god is incapable of changing then he didn't need to write a new book.

There is no such thing as perfection..it simply cannot exist in an environment that is always changing.

Perfection is a human concept, bound by perceptions and is entirely subjective and relative.

• Like 2

Does God still enjoy the smell of burnt sacrifices?

There are bunch of other things to present to push the OP's button.

But let's go easy on him. Seems like he's been through a lot, like me.

I think it is a perfectly legitimate question..if such things as stoning people to death, butchering animals (and maybe a person if no animals are around) for blood sacrifices were so "perfect" (after all wasn't it the christian god that demanded such things?) then why was it eliminated?

I don't know if God demanded stoning people to death but He did require blood sacrifices (one thing that I'll never quite understand). That practice stopped when Jesus was crucified as He was the perfect sacrifice.

God, did, however, order the complete destruction of towns and peoples for whatever His reasonings were. Men, women, children, and all animals. Doesn't sound very compassionate and all forgiving to me.

Hebrews 13:8 is the "today, tomorrow, yesterday" verse. It speaks of Jesus as being unchanging, but says nothing about His perfection.

However, Matthew 5:48 tells us to "be perfect, as your Father in heaven is perfect." Is this telling us that we can achieve perfection, or merely that striving toward perfection facilitates our spiritual growth. For that matter, what does it mean to be perfect? And whose standard of perfection is being used here, God's or our's?

• Like 1

If all your going to do is attack a church or god don't post on this thread. No one is holding a gun to your head to post here.

Edited by danielost

I don't know if God demanded stoning people to death but He did require blood sacrifices (one thing that I'll never quite understand). That practice stopped when Jesus was crucified as He was the perfect sacrifice.

God, did, however, order the complete destruction of towns and peoples for whatever His reasonings were. Men, women, children, and all animals. Doesn't sound very compassionate and all forgiving to me.

The blood sacrifice was two fold. To remind the isrealites that god had saved them, and to represent christ's sacrifice. After he died and rose from the dead it was no longer needed.

• Like 1

You asked a question on a public forum, we replied.

• Like 2

So God is outside of time, immune to it's effects, and omniscient, does that mean there's no such thing as free will and we are just his evolved monkey playthings?

No, krypter you didn't answer the question, you attacked the bible.,

I didn't attack anything, I simply stated that the bible said a lot of stuff which you are not obliged to read/believe. Far from what I'd call an attack.

Edited by krypter3
  • Like 2

No, krypter you didn't answer the question, you attacked the bible.,

You asked a question based on your interpretation of the bible. How can the question be answered without calling into question that interpretation at the very least? I certainly don't see how anything seen in this thread could be regarded as attacking the bible. Disagreeing with it certainly, but that's not the same as attacking it. It is actually possible and acceptable to hold a contrary opinion you know.

• Like 1

The Bible says a lot of crap, does not mean you should listen.

This is clearly an attack on the bible. Further he has not touched the dubject matter of this thread. No one held a gun to his head to either read this religous based thread, which is in the religeon group. So he knew it wold be abut religeon before he opened it up.