Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man Discovers Phantom Figure in Photo

Still Waters

A photograph of a woman with a ghostly extra in the background has been circulating the Internet.

The image was originally posted on Reddit by Daniel Tanner from New Hampshire who noticed something unusual in one of his friend's Facebook photographs. The picture shows a woman kneeling alongside her dog while the faint image of a mysterious figure can be seen peering through the door in the background.

Read more: http://www.unexplain...-facebook-photo

I think that I could exorcise this ghost with a rag and a little glass cleaner.

• Like 3

Doesn't look like something that was ever alive. Has a very doll-like, artificial quality about it.

• Like 2

Paro... pearo... parea... PAREIDOLIA! Yeah, that's it! :)

Edit: I had to look it up to spell it.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 5

Looks like another ghost app photo imo, the low quality of the image looks like it was taken with a cellphone. The fact that their veteran photo expert is never named is likewise suspicious in my book.

Paro... pearo... parea... PAREIDOLIA! Yeah, that's it! :)

Edit: I had to look it up to spell it.

I don't think it's a case of pareidolia as the image is far to well defined, not really a Jesus on my handkerchief mind trick. I think its shopped.

Looks like another ghost app photo imo, the low quality of the image looks like it was taken with a cellphone. The fact that their veteran photo expert is never named is likewise suspicious in my book.

I don't think it's a case of pareidolia as the image is far to well defined, not really a Jesus on my handkerchief mind trick. I think its shopped.

I'd go with that too. But for the 15 year veteran photo expert to say (in essence), 'since I can't find manipulation (digitally or otherwise), therefore I think that it probably might be a ghost'...

Personally, I think that it is either a smudge on the window glass or, as also said, a reflection or, as you said 'shopped'. The simpler answer is usually correct. To jump on the ghost bandwagon seems premature.

But if there were more than one example from the same house, I'd be far more interested. There isn't, so I'm not.

Edited by Likely Guy

If a ghost is supposed to be the same size as a person then it seems a little small, even for a child. The scale is wrong to be standing at that height in the door window.

And what is this photo experts name? Did I just miss it?

Forget the ghost ... what about the creepy looking hell dog with glowing, anime-style eyes?

Edited by DarkestTales

It kinda looks like the reflection of a picture / portrait.

I do not think this is pareidolia, but I am looking into the possibility, that an image may stay etched in the glass after lightning strikes. For example; if a little girl was standing near this window, say 50 years ago during a storm, the radiation may have burned a very slight image in the glass. You would not be able to see it except at certain angles with light refracting just perfect. There are two other possibilities in my opinion, a hoax or this is a spirit!

Dam if it is real what does this mean for religion?

I hope she recycled them pizza boxes. And she needs to clean that glass in the door, seems to be something on it.

• Like 1

Pretty good analysis. http://imgur.com/a/1LfuF#0 and http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?id=8e92937dc3ac8b623dce15977906dc35655980ad.78205

I'm skeptic and I don't know what this is, but my initial glance made my hair stand up a bit. I almost never have that kind of reaction. If you look at it blown up, the reflection would have to be coming from the middle of the doorway behind the shooter. It could well be something on the other side of the window but the closer I look the more I go hmmm... pretty cool.

• Like 1

I don't think it's faked, just a reflection, maybe of the photographer?

It, the ghost I mean, looks like a girl. Her husband took the photo, so I don't think it's his reflection...

It's real. It's nothing dangerous. This is a female spirit. Motherly and connected to nature. Maybe someone she knew

How is it a reflection if it is a man taking the picture and the spirit is of a female? Think people...

Interesting how the bright paint just below the window is mysteriously dark, as if someone couldn't quite get two Photoshop layers to line up.

If it is indeed a "ghostly image", then why is it only visible on the reflective surface of the glass?

I think that the Dog would have sensed something unusual,especially something paranormal so I don't credit a ghost in the picture.

• Like 1

If it is indeed a "ghostly image", then why is it only visible on the reflective surface of the glass?

Because it's a ghost outside looking in through the glass.

If you look closely you can see her leaning against the door frame that leads to another room in the reflection. The ghost probably stood and watched him take pictures of his wife from behind not knowing his camera was able to capture her in the reflection of the glass door.

Edited by MrPringle