Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Any other deep Southerners here?

TheVeryFirstDinosaur

Backwoods of South Carolina, here. I've moved here and there. Through the Appalachians, the Charleston swamps, farm lands of lower North Carolina.

While I am extremely diverse in world culture and have been all around, chilly late Autumn nights by a fire and looking with the southern skies will hold my heart for life.

I own several weapons.

I enjoy occasionally hunting. **** sport hunting or the hunting of predators, though.

I enjoy speeding down backroads.

I enjoy true country music. (Reed, Cash, Hank the 1st, Marty Robbins, etc.)

I make a lot of my own booze. (Can't venture too far into that.)

In before "redneck" or anything. Huge fighter of equal rights, etc.

• Like 1

Me too. Live in Myrtle Beach SC right now. Native South Carolinian. Moved all over the south in my time as well.

• Like 1

Mobile, Gulf Shores Alabama - I hear you on those Autumn nights by a fire - nothing like it :)

• Like 1

I'm not from The South. However, I'm from Maine, a state with a reputation as being a redneck state.

I'm south of Richmond, Virginia.

I used to live very close to Pensacola, Florida.. I'd visit Alabama a lot and visit Georgia for family..

I've been all through the southern states; Arkansas, Mississippi, Texas, Tennessee, NC, SC, etc.

My grandmother was from Kentucky, etc. I have southern roots, but I'm not a 'deep southerner'.

Well, I was born in New Zealand - which is a wee bit further south than where y'all imagine "south" to be. :P

*Rubs face*

I meant Southern as in the geographical and cultural area of the United States of America.

Regressing previous statement, I would like to visit New Zealand once again.

Edited by Shrine Builder

*Rubs face*

I meant Southern as in the geographical and cultural area of the United States of America.

Regressing previous statement, I would like to visit New Zealand once again.

It's a nice place, but so is the US and the UK. Every place I've visited has been full of wonderful people and great things to see. I've never been the the US South (well, apart from the West Coast and Vegas - which are 'south' but I understand you are speaking of the South East/Central parts of the US), but I've talked to many from there and it does sound like a great place to visit.

Okay you south Carolina folk , how do they do the disappearing woman in the barrel magic trick at Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede at Myrtle Beach ? that one was a real head scratcher.

• Like 1

I'm in Kentucky but I have been to Alabama, Georgia. Hail from Pennsylvania and grew up in Las Vegas... I think I'm settled now.

It's a nice place, but so is the US and the UK. Every place I've visited has been full of wonderful people and great things to see. I've never been the the US South (well, apart from the West Coast and Vegas - which are 'south' but I understand you are speaking of the South East/Central parts of the US), but I've talked to many from there and it does sound like a great place to visit.

Southern hospitality is a longstanding tradition I have always enjoyed.

When I lived in the deep south, despite some of its trashier communities, I noticed the people were always nice.

Children in the deep south are fairly rough.. Many of the parents sit there and laugh while their kids fight.

The south has a huge population of stubborn people.. In southern Virginia, it's a little more moderate..

The stubbornness exists, and southern hospitality exists, but it's a lot less trashy.

• 2 weeks later...

Born and bred in Tennessee. American by birth, Southern by the Grace of G(g)od(s)!

However... I now live in the great land of the Redcoats. (Husband is British).

My mother gets a kick when she goes to her post office to mail me some tea. (English tea is not the right kind of tea to make iced tea.)

:clap:

Hiawassee, Georgia

the tray mountain wilderness is my back yard