Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
euphoricrefugee123

Large, extremely tall, shapeless, one eye

8 posts in this topic

A couple of years ago I awoke to a strange pressure in my room, I thought at first it was a dream but after standing up realized that I was indeed awake. I suddenly felt compelled to walk to the front porch of my Grandparents house. When i walked out side i saw nothing, then a second later a giant black entity. This creature was extremely tall, black and shapeless, it had one eye that couldent be looked into for some reason, everytime i tried i felt myself black out slightly. I finally summoned the courage to tell it to leave and demanded that it left, and it did with a sort of angry gust of wind.

The next day I woke up sure that it was a weird dream, put on my cloths and walked outside to get in my car and drive to work. To my horror and great surprise one of the flower pots on my grandma's porch was shattered as well as a limb that was bent by the tree it was standing by.

I kept this to myself for a long time. Then one day i made the acquaintance of a girl who would one day become my fiancé. Where this is going is that she is a painter and while browsing through her art on facebook a came across a painting that looked just like what i saw. This version however was a vase shaped black entity that had one eye as well but at the top had chrysanthemums. I have come to find out that these flowers in some cultures signify death and grief. I thought this was intense and weird, but dident want to sound crazy so i kept it to myself. Several years later we started dating, became engaged and although she was sure that she was barren we got pregnant. The baby died three months in and our relationship eventually died as well. An interesting thing about Brooke is that she would always have dreams that ended up happening. Always with me doing strange things that were out of character, almost like a evil doppleganger. I chalked this up to feelings of mistrust or lack of confidence in me, and thought that mabe it was manifesting in her dreams.

Her family also has several stories of ghost sightings and strange black dogs that leave marks on your body at night.

I have no way of proving any of this, but wanted to know if anybody had any suggestions as to what the connection could be between these dark creatures and our relationship and what they could possibly be.

welcome,sounds like sleep paralysis.

1 person likes this

Slenders southern cousin?

Nah seriously I agree with Brian on this one.

Thank you, glad to join the site, lots of interesting debate and speculation. I would normally be inclined to agree if its was not for the painting which is a dead on female equivalent of the creature. Plus i saw this months prior to seeing the painting and had conversed about this subject with a few really close friends. What I'm getting at is that the event and its details had been established before seeing the painting. If not for this i would have gone along with the idea that i had a episode of sleep paralysis and then gravitated towards and made myself believe that the painting coincided with an intense moment in my life in order to find some sort of structure and relevance. I have a picture of the painting, but since i do not have a legitimate picture of my encounter i cannot use that as evidence, A sketch of the creature would not do it justice since its more about he presence as opposed to form. But i can see why you would suggest sleep paralysis considering that i was frozen with fear and awake. I was walking around during this though and the next day saw several signs of mild destruction and disorder around the yard that i would not have done myself physically. The fact that I may or may not be an empath and Brooke's family seems to have an odd prediposition to encounters with the unexplainable, including the dreams, I'm inclined to believe it was real.

This being said i usually approach anything like this with extreme skepticism, I'm a man of science for the most part and wont believe in anything i cannot measure with due scientific process. However i'm open enough to believe in things that are unexplainable that just don't have valid scientific proof. Their are two types of scientific thoughts, Believing in something that is real, when it isn't. Or believing something isnt when it is. The first is our natural instinct to protect ourselves and the second is a no win, no win situation. I only believe it to be true based on conclusive evidence of things that are too weird and specific to be mere coincidence.

Thank you, glad to join the site, lots of interesting debate and speculation. I would normally be inclined to agree if its was not for the painting which is a dead on female equivalent of the creature. Plus i saw this months prior to seeing the painting and had conversed about this subject with a few really close friends. What I'm getting at is that the event and its details had been established before seeing the painting. If not for this i would have gone along with the idea that i had a episode of sleep paralysis and then gravitated towards and made myself believe that the painting coincided with an intense moment in my life in order to find some sort of structure and relevance. I have a picture of the painting, but since i do not have a legitimate picture of my encounter i cannot use that as evidence, A sketch of the creature would not do it justice since its more about he presence as opposed to form. But i can see why you would suggest sleep paralysis considering that i was frozen with fear and awake. I was walking around during this though and the next day saw several signs of mild destruction and disorder around the yard that i would not have done myself physically. The fact that I may or may not be an empath and Brooke's family seems to have an odd prediposition to encounters with the unexplainable, including the dreams, I'm inclined to believe it was real.

This being said i usually approach anything like this with extreme skepticism, I'm a man of science for the most part and wont believe in anything i cannot measure with due scientific process. However i'm open enough to believe in things that are unexplainable that just don't have valid scientific proof. Their are two types of scientific thoughts, Believing in something that is real, when it isn't. Or believing something isnt when it is. The first is our natural instinct to protect ourselves and the second is a no win, no win situation. I only believe it to be true based on conclusive evidence of things that are too weird and specific to be mere coincidence.

I work retail and i can tell you that during the holiday season it is high stress and weird hours of sleep that cause me to suffer sleep paralysis. Some nights I would wake up and swear an alien was in the room, or a robber, or my father, or a monster. i can tell you it's not fun for me or my wife.

After a 60+ hour shift, I got out of bed walked to the store (only a block away) bought milk, tried paying with my drivers license but cashier said She helped me use my debit. Went home, Poured milk into my bath tub and fell a sleep on the kitchen floor with my cats laying on me. From what I remember, Milk killed the bath monster and the milk i had was not fresh it enough.

Edited by Brian Topp
2 people like this

Haha that is quite intense, I had no idea an episode could be so varied and active.

Episodes that begin in bed, are almost 100% likely to be sleep related. As for the painting, you may think it's exactly the same because that's what your mind wants to believe.

Regarding her dreams coming true, there is no more powerful tool (especially for "psychics" or those practicing Voodoo), than the power of suggestion. Someone predicts the future and it finds a home in your subconscious. Sooner or later a trigger will allow said prediction to come to fruition. Sooner for those who are more susceptible.

Don't mean to rain on your parade and I feel horrible that you lost a baby, but there is plenty of logic/Occam's Razor in your story.

1 person likes this

Sorry about your baby and your marriage. I agree with Brian and wish he had pictures of himself in the bathtub covered in milk.

2 people like this