Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
Big Bad Voodoo

Closed cities

11 posts in this topic

They are not shown in any maps except in top secret maps. There are no road signs pointing to such city. To enter in such city you would have to possess premision from KGB. Around city was barbed wire and watch towers. Citizens often worked there for military or scientific centers or industrial complex. For example just in Ukraine we have 11 closed cities. In Russia 42 closed cities. In Kazakhstan 3 closed cities. We have it in Estonia.

What do you think, is it possible that we have more closed city today in world for which we dont know ? Is such thing doable in our time?

Not by Russia particulary but by any state.

Big Bad Voodoo

Can they be found on google Earth?

Can they be found on google Earth?

Don ask me. I have never used google earth. But I would appricate some feedback if you found them.

Big Bad Voodoo

Don ask me. I have never used google earth. But I would appricate some feedback if you found them.

Big Bad Voodoo

I will take a look later on. Will start with Kazakhstan. If there are cities there, they should be visible on google Earth, unless of course they have been wiped off, but that would mean that the people who work for google know about these cities.

Personally I do not think closed cities are needed today, they have the computer technology to do the work of 100000 men and they have the computer technology to hide their "secrets". If they were to have "cities" like these today, they would be underground (forget google earth then) and filled with robots and a few highly paid scientists. What would be the point of an above ground city today?

Do I believe in "cities" underground where experiments and secrets are top of the menus? OHHHH YES! And I believe its been going on for years on ALL continents.

1 person likes this

Secret military bases, like AREA 51 in the United States, still exist in our time. For decades AREA 51 was not on maps, and if you happened upon the desert area, military vehicles would drive up on you and keep you from getting too close to the base. Only now, after so many years of mystery and rumors, has the United States exposed the location to the public. But they've probably set up a new undisclosed base elsewhere by now. I'm not sure if the watch towers you mention are lookout towers to keep trespassers away, prison guard towers, or aircraft towers. If they're more like guard towers, I'd be concerned that people within those bases are being forced to work there. Since security within Russia is now called the FSB and the KGB has been gone since 1991, I'm not sure if these places you mention are from that older era and you're just wondering if they could still be happening in post-Soviet Russia, too. As long as differing ideologies are met with violence instead of tolerance, and countries scramble for the same world resources, governments will see the need for research secrecy and cloaked military installations like your "closed cities."

Zombies are walking around in those closed cities !

Zombies are walking around in those closed cities !

Zombies are walking around in open cities too.

Edited by freetoroam
1 person likes this

How do you know you have 11 closed cities in Ukraine for example? Is their existence a matter of public record but not their location? If so, could you please provide a source for this information?

Edited by libstaK

How do you know you have 11 closed cities in Ukraine for example? Is their existence a matter of public record but not their location? If so, could you please provide a source for this information?

Look under Ukraine and Moldova

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Closed_city

As I understand they are not closed cities anymore. They were.

On one other forum one member claim that Russians didnt reveal all of their closed cities.

What would be the point of an above ground city today?

Social experiments ?

Big Bad Voodoo

Edited by Big Bad Voodoo

Here is some pictures

1.Seversk

2.Zelengorsk

3.Snezhinsk

4.Ozersk

Seversk_Kurchatova.jpg

%D0%97%D0%B5%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%81%D0%BA.jpg

SnezhinskHousesPobedaStreet.jpg

Ozersk_Broadway.jpg

The first thing that comes to mind are the embassies in any country. Technically, an embassy is an extension of its country, so without an invitation, an American couldn't enter into any foreign embassy. I think there are certain buildings in this country owned by foreign groups who don't allow Americans to access a certain floor or section. Where the Soviets were doing biological research, I am fairly certain those cities were "closed" cities. No one allowed in or out unless they had authorization.

Of course, all this depends on your definition of "city".