Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tether Incident

ufo-hunter

Here is a link to the "Tether Incident" where a much greater potential difference is induced than predicted, causing it to separate.

What follows is of importance.

Question is out of focus space debris/ice crystals that are close to the lens that are affected by shuttle's thrusters or intelligently moving objects, and at sizes upto 3km in diameter passing clearly behind the 20km tether?

[media=]

[/media]
  • Like 1

Here is a link to the "Tether Incident" where a much greater potential difference is induced than predicted, causing it to separate.

What follows is of importance.

Question is out of focus space debris/ice crystals that are close to the lens that are affected by shuttle's thrusters or intelligently moving objects, and at sizes upto 3km in diameter passing clearly behind the 20km tether?

[media=]

[/media]

Many people and some Nasa astronauts believe these were ufo's, as a sharp up close image revealed they were both moving and pulsating. Ice crystals don't pulsate.

That was beaten to death, then resurrected, then beaten again, and resurrected again, and again again...

There is search feature on this forum.

• Like 6

Many people and some Nasa astronauts believe these were ufo's, as a sharp up close image revealed they were both moving and pulsating. Ice crystals don't pulsate.

Any proof about 'some astronauts', or did you just pull that factoid out of your own astronaut?

• Like 9

LoL ! always the keeper of Facts ! Gotta Love the Facts right? I wish more would do just a bit of homework.Cheer`s ! :tu:

justDONTEATUS

It's been "debunked" already. Not sure if that is the proper word, but the video will explain and replicate the anomaly.

• Like 3

I think "debunked" and not disproven may be a fitting word here because the setup experiment shows similar optical effects, but it is not an accurate replication of the equipment (optics/hardware/camera's precessing software) used by the astronauts and most certenly does not deal with the distances nor same material properties of the target objects.

On the other hand we could say:

- the optical artifacts can be reporoduced for different material objects

- there most likely exist ice particles in close proximity to the shuttle

- there exist non ice debirs in orbit around earth of various sizes and surface textures

Since luminous far away objects can also be seen in the original video (ie. the tether itself) this would imply that we do not know the distance to the circular objects themselves, since they could be close up particles or highly lumious objects at much greater distance.

Edited by ufo-hunter

Spacenut, please don't ignore my request for evidence of your claim that some astronauts think the video shows real UFOs. It should be easy enough to document, if true.

Or perhaps you just 'misspoke'.

Edited by JimOberg
  • Like 5

NASA reports all UFOs as debris. Admitting the truth would bring too many questions that they don't want to answer.

This is the latest video to hit the net.

Comet ISON with 2 orbiting UFOs.

Could hollywood pros do this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5l6-x5Ty-A

I can already tell they are just tiny object up close and out of focus.The reason they are pulsating is because they are rotating, changing the amount of sunlight they reflect rapidly. But because they are so out of focus, they apear to be solid objects brightening and dimming.

I can already tell they are just tiny object up close and out of focus.The reason they are pulsating is because they are rotating, changing the amount of sunlight they reflect rapidly. But because they are so out of focus, they apear to be solid objects brightening and dimming.

Did the astronauts call the objects debris? That is suspicious.

And you have proof that alien craft do?

The next time "Nasa's Unexplained Files" show is on, check it out.

bump

Spacenut, please don't ignore my request for evidence of your claim that some astronauts think the video shows real UFOs. It should be easy enough to document, if true.

Or perhaps you just 'misspoke'.

The next time "Nasa's Unexplained Files" show is on, check it out.

Is that the one I was in? Man, I gotta finish my critique of it so as to protect the unwary and the gullible. Will do soon.

I am surprised that nobody thinks of organic beings living out in space. They are feeding with energy and hence the reason gathering around the tether even more pulsating.

Edited by qxcontinuum
  • Like 2

I am surprised that nobody thinks of organic beings living out in space. They are feeding with energy and hence the reason gathering around the tether even more pulsating.

Maybe similar things exist in our own atmosphere and are visible only under certain conditions?

Yes because the tether surely provides more 'energy' than the main sequence star 1 AU from here.with a diameter of 1,391,000 km. Debris in mid body, 100% verifiable. Debris from maneuvering thrusters, 100% verifiable. Video artifacts from small objects, bright lights and zero gravity, known (by those who want to know). Aliens and space critters, no evidence they even exist. Of course let us not forget, there is a grand conspiracy, global in fact, to keep this from the people. I always wonder why NASA, or any other agency, would put the images out there in the first place? Or is that part of the 'cover up'? JMO.

I always wonder why NASA, or any other agency, would put the images out there in the first place? Or is that part of the 'cover up'?

Some feeds obviously get through uncensored. I can well imagine that there are serious repercussions when they do.

Some feeds obviously get through uncensored. I can well imagine that there are serious repercussions when they do.

The STS-75 scene was not an internal feed. Stubbs recorded it off of the 'NASA TV' public channel, where NASA PAO had routed it explicitly for public viewing. What you "can imagine" has time and time again hereabouts been shown to have no connection with reality. It's kind of sweet, your sharing your dreams of what you'd really like to have happened, but didn't.

• Like 3

The STS-75 scene was not an internal feed. Stubbs recorded it off of the 'NASA TV' public channel, where NASA PAO had routed it explicitly for public viewing. What you "can imagine" has time and time again hereabouts been shown to have no connection with reality. It's kind of sweet, your sharing your dreams of what you'd really like to have happened, but didn't.

That doesn't preclude the possibility that they initially missed the controversial implications of it does it?

Whether it was a live feed or not is the issue.

Sorry Jim but there are some on this forum that do not accept you as the master of all things. There are whether you like it or not other possibilities.

• Like 2

It's been "debunked" already. Not sure if that is the proper word, but the video will explain and replicate the anomaly.

[media=]

[/media]

how does that explain and replicate the observed anomalies?

1887d918ed2b.gif

you need to have similar conditions to replicate a scenario.... mind you, the bokeh affect is due to the camera's resolution... let me put it in another way, what are the anomalies in said video?