Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK's lowest-paid employees to be classed as

david icke is right

One million of Britain's lowest paid employees will be classed as "not working enough" and could find themselves pushed with the threat of sanctions to find more income under radical changes to benefits, the Department for Work and Pensions has said.

DWP internal documents seen by the Guardian reveal that people earning between £330 and around £950 a month – just under the rate of the national minimum wage for a 35-hour week – could be mandated to attend jobcentre meetings where their working habits will be examined as part of the universal credit programme.

http://www.theguardi...ough?CMP=twt_gu

This is what is going on, Who here believe's this is just a conspiracy?

Iain duncan smith charged £39 from the tax payer for his breakfast but insist's the non working are spongers off of the working.

HYPOCRITE?

Edited by Still Waters
Changed link to the original source and text...Please avoid copy & pasting from offsite forums where this news article had been totally misinterpreted.
  • Like 1

Here you are lucky if you find a full time job.

I don't know what governments expect out of the poor. Their programs are the first government officials want to cut to save money. They should cut some of their own perks and tax breaks given to big corporations. Make corporations hire people to get those tax breaks.

• Like 1

Here you are lucky if you find a full time job.

I don't know what governments expect out of the poor. Their programs are the first government officials want to cut to save money. They should cut some of their own perks and tax breaks given to big corporations. Make corporations hire people to get those tax breaks.

Sod that get rid of the corporations.

• Like 1

One million of Britain's lowest paid employees will be classed as "not working enough" and could find themselves pushed with the threat of sanctions to find more income under radical changes to benefits, the Department for Work and Pensions has said.

DWP internal documents seen by the Guardian reveal that people earning between £330 and around £950 a month – just under the rate of the national minimum wage for a 35-hour week – could be mandated to attend jobcentre meetings where their working habits will be examined as part of the universal credit programme.

http://www.theguardi...ough?CMP=twt_gu

This is what is going on, Who here believe's this is just a conspiracy?

Iain duncan smith charged £39 from the tax payer for his breakfast but insist's the non working are spongers off of the working.

HYPOCRITE?

I know people who work full time as health care assistants and get around £800 a month (after tax)....are they expecting this people to work more than 39 hours a week?

I know people who work full time as health care assistants and get around £800 a month (after tax)....are they expecting this people to work more than 39 hours a week?

This wouldn't apply to them because as I understand the figures mentioned are before tax. They have also said that this isn't finalised and won't apply to all low earners. There is one area I can think of that I found out by accident when someone came to me about a driving job ages ago (which might be what the government are aiming at). This lad came to an advert for a full time job, but said he only wanted to work 24hrs a week, so he still got his working tax credit etc (he mentioned another benfit too which I can't remember)...when I said it was a full time position he said why don't i let him work 24hrs, and then employ someone on the dole for 16hrs, so there benefit isn't stopped either....I didn't know what to say tbh, other then "there's the door"...

• Like 3

the Govt. are introducing plans to make people work for their dole money- 30hrs per week to claim £70- which contravenes the minimum wage act.

their hypocrisy knows no bounds.

• Like 3

the Govt. are introducing plans to make people work for their dole money- 30hrs per week to claim £70- which contravenes the minimum wage act.

The sense of hypocrisy, yes, I can see that. Why this is even remotely considered a 'conspiracy', I don't understand.

Conspiracies are usually conducted in secret, are they not?

I vote to move this discussion to the 'UK & Europe' thread (until someone can educate me on how this is a conspiracy).

• Like 2

This is part of the government's "let's kick them while they're already down" policy. We'll call it something else, though, preferably something that has nothing to do with what we're doing. I know; we'll call it the Economic Responsibility Act to make wage slaves feel more like losers. Sadly, public stocks and scarlet letters are things of the past. (if I understood the first post)

• Like 2

Sadly, public stocks and scarlet letters are things of the past.

if they DID bring back the stocks DM, the price of tomatos would rise dramatically, and there wouldn't be a politician in the country with a clean shirt!

• Like 1

They won't be able to do it, totally illegal. I am not on benefits but I will march against it if necessary.

• Like 1

They won't be able to do it, totally illegal.

they've already pushed it through the hague Aggie- backscratching & backhanders most likely.....

I am not on benefits but I will march against it if necessary.

me neither, but i'll be marching against it too!

not everyone on the dole is a workshy scrounger, but with nearly 3m people unemployed there simply aren't the jobs to go round, but the Govt. are acting like there's 10 jobs to every person- which is wrong- and it's the poor once again who are copping it in the neck.

one of the conditions for claiming jobseekers allowance is that you have to be actively seeking employment- for 5hrs a day- but how are you supposed to do that when you're sweeping canal bankings all week....?!

i'd like to see an MP try it for a month, let them experience how unworkable the situation is.....

• Like 2

So you go from boundless hypocrisy to "surrender your livers!" ???? Yes, yes, the paper says they checked the right box. Now it's mandatory.

Don't worry about anyone's feelings, or the costs involved. It'll pay for itself, for the mere cost of the surgery at the hospital, and no grieving relatives will mind that their parents bodies were chopped up without their consent. No thugs with badges will be necessary, no prisons, no jail cells. Everyone will fart rainbows once the government takes our property, takes our money, and takes our goddamned organs after we die.

Hi Aggie,I am a 24/7 carer they paid me £65 per month for this, but it stops when you get to 65 as they pay you a state pension of £440 per month and they won't pay out 2 pensions. now that I'm retired (at 60) they charge you tax on your pension, so 39hrs a week is a cake walk,I am on call 168 hrs a week for NO PAY,and I cant get a part time job as my Mrs cant be left.I haven't had a holiday for 7 yrs so all these sob stories just make me laugh.There are lots of us Carers in this situation but I don't hear them complaining.Keep happy and live to be 85 +, then the Gov't pays you out more than you have paid in.Yeehaa.

They need to look at the employment situation at the moment. Do they think people choose to earn such low pay? Zero hour contracts are rife at the moment with the employee powerless to do more hours.

To see how dire the work situation is they should maybe look at the way the retail giants have now turned interviewing people into a sick version of Britain's got talent. Yes candidates are asked to dance in front of a group of managers why they sit there giggling at them. I heard it on the radio and the guy was interviewed felt humiliated.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-wales-24020411

Edited by skookum
  • Like 3

So you go from boundless hypocrisy to "surrender your livers!" ???? Yes, yes, the paper says they checked the right box. Now it's mandatory.

Don't worry about anyone's feelings, or the costs involved. It'll pay for itself, for the mere cost of the surgery at the hospital, and no grieving relatives will mind that their parents bodies were chopped up without their consent. No thugs with badges will be necessary, no prisons, no jail cells. Everyone will fart rainbows once the government takes our property, takes our money, and takes our goddamned organs after we die.

i'm struggling really hard to see a connection between these posts dude, fancy helping me out?!

It is a complete disgrace. I worked on a Jobcentre contract helping people find work and supplying the training they needed. Others were forced into unpaid slave labour work in a cheap shop I will not name.

Now I had people I interviewed who were desperate for training and work and a few who constantly did the rounds who clearly had no interest in working or looking for work.

So who did the Jobcentre lumber me with? The won't works who lounged about in my classroom refusing to do anything other than chat among themselves and sent the people who would have benefited to the slave labour work. Occasionally I got the good ones who always found work after a few short weeks, but most of the time it was the same old faces.

The Jobcentre is not fit for purpose and will mess this up like everything else it does.

I have an idea why don't the Government make a new reality TV show and make the unemployed dance 'They shoot horses don't they' style and the public to telephone vote on a premium line for the one that lasts the longest.

That should scare them into work and humiliate them they way they seem to want to at the moment.

And for the sick we could try the Wickerman approach.

http://eveningharold.com/2013/06/24/new-atos-test-to-involve-putting-people-on-disability-benefits-in-a-wicker-man/

Edited by skookum
  • Like 1

everyone is blaming the government for zero hour contracts. but hasn't this problem all come about because we have stigmatised certain job sectors, so much so we have people who turn down work and would rather stay or wait on benefits for something better to come along. people say long gone are the days when you could leave a job on Friday and start a new one on Monday. - yet we import millions of migrants to do the work society as stigmatised. its changed the market forces. once we had companies vying for the best candidates now we have candidates vying for the best jobs. its a market which favours the employer and who can blame them, companies dont exists for good of the employee, its all about profit. and its been no other way. we just need to realise this. people just need to adapt to the current market situation, and truth is they have no other option. the minimum wage hasn't helped matters. minimum wage in the UK £6.19 i've heard people turn down jobs because its minimum wage, because they believe their self worth is more than the bottom price. yet again we've stigmatised. - Germany doesn't have a minimum wage. how is there jobs market performing? we should have looked at their system and adopted something similar over here. but its all to late, the people wont give up the minimum wage, which as in time become the maximum wage for most.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 2

This wouldn't apply to them because as I understand the figures mentioned are before tax. They have also said that this isn't finalised and won't apply to all low earners. There is one area I can think of that I found out by accident when someone came to me about a driving job ages ago (which might be what the government are aiming at). This lad came to an advert for a full time job, but said he only wanted to work 24hrs a week, so he still got his working tax credit etc (he mentioned another benfit too which I can't remember)...when I said it was a full time position he said why don't i let him work 24hrs, and then employ someone on the dole for 16hrs, so there benefit isn't stopped either....I didn't know what to say tbh, other then "there's the door"...

Yes, i think you're right. All they are trying to do is stop people trying to rip off the benefits system by working as few hours as they can whilst claiming maximum benefits.

everyone is blaming the government for zero hour contracts. but hasn't this problem all come about because we have stigmatised certain job sectors, so much so we have people who turn down work and would rather stay or wait on benefits for something better to come along. people say long gone are the days when you could leave a job on Friday and start a new one on Monday. - yet we import millions of migrants to do the work society as stigmatised. its changed the market forces. once we had companies vying for the best candidates now we have candidates vying for the best jobs. its a market which favours the employer and who can blame them, companies dont exists for good of the employee, its all about profit. and its been no other way. we just need to realise this. people just need to adapt to the current market situation, and truth is they have no other option. the minimum wage hasn't helped matters. minimum wage in the UK £6.19 i've heard people turn down jobs because its minimum wage, because they believe their self worth is more than the bottom price. yet again we've stigmatised. - Germany doesn't have a minimum wage. how is there jobs market performing? we should have looked at their system and adopted something similar over here. but its all to late, the people wont give up the minimum wage, which as in time become the maximum wage for most.

I agree with you.

And the zero hours contract is against human rights, I have seen how desperate people get on a zero hours contract as they never know how much they will earn and if they have children it's really difficult not knowing which days or hours they'll be working.

Edited by Aggie
  • Like 2

It always seems to me that the government is more concerned with trying to punish the unemployed and poor rather than actually deal with the problems at hand. The three major towns near me all have areas that are like ghost towns, with once thrieving buisnesses shut down. You can go down streets and it's row after row of empty storefronts. this is the problem at hand. Buisnesses have gone under and instead of replenishing them, the government is more interested in demonising people. why desn't it create jobs? Why doesn't it make it easier for struggling buisnesses or for people to start ones up? Probably because it's easier to demonise people than to actually put the effort required to doing those things.

• Like 3

2 well known shops have just opened in my town. Not once did i see jobs advertised for these shops, either in local newspapers or on the direct.gov website (apart from managmental positions), I wonder why this is? MMMMM

• Like 2