Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
ouija ouija

Queen's portrait disappears

6 posts in this topic

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2415139/Queen-ditches-Harris-portrait-Mystery-Buckingham-Palace-sends-scandal-hit-Rolfs-birthday-painting-Monarch-BBC--loses-it.html

Anyone else think this is just plain silly? For the Queen's 80th birthday Rolf Harris painted what is probably the best portrait of her ever . It is very lifelike; she is smiling(quite a rare event!), and looks relaxed. Now, because Harris has been charged with offences against children, suddenly the painting has 'disappeared'. It used to be hung on display in Buckingham Palace, was then loaned to the Walker Art Gallery in Liverpool for an exhibition(which ended in 2012), and now no-one seems to know where it is ...... staggering when you think it was valued at £50,000(I think it is worth a lot more).

Sooo ....... is every artwork in Britain that was created by someone who wasn't perfect going to be taken down and hidden away? This is just ridiculous; his paintings should be enjoyed for what they are..... work by a very talented artist.

yes, is but bit odd, bearing in mind he's not been found guilty of anything yet.

1 person likes this

Yup , it's silly. But , understandable. People , especially people of Position , like to ignore or hide what might be considered unpleasantries . It's politics basically?

One of the first things I thought of when I heard he'd been charged, was this painting he did of the Queen. I agree it's a good one too but then he is a talented painter. I thought to myself that puts her in an awkward situation considering who she is and what he was charged for, so I'm not too surprised the painting has disappeared. Then again it could turn up yet!

Yup , it's silly. But , understandable. People , especially people of Position , like to ignore or hide what might be considered unpleasantries . It's politics basically?

The Royal Family have been hiding their so called unpleasantries for centuries,so there are no surprises here then.On a more sillier note,does all the video tapes in BBC's vaults of his TV programs and appearances also disappear then?

Maybe David Icke was right when he stated that royals and celebrities have been involved in pedophilia for generations. I mean, he did say it 20 years ago and look at the allegations against celebrities who all seem to be very friendly with the royal family. To preface this statement i am a subject of her majesty....