Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Battlefield 4

CRYSiiSx2

Anyone else getting this Day 1? I don't think a game is going to rival Battlefield 4 for a very long time, as I don't think anything has even touched Battlefield 3 yet.

LEVOLUTION!

I'd like to, but I need to buy a new machine and EA seems reluctant to post the system requirements (hope that's not a red flag)

I've been playing BF since 1942 and feel it's the best FPS out there.

• Like 1

I'd like to, but I need to buy a new machine and EA seems reluctant to post the system requirements (hope that's not a red flag)

I've been playing BF since 1942 and feel it's the best FPS out there.

It took a while, but they released the system requirements yesterday. I'll be playing the crappy version on PS3 then PS4 until I get another gaming rig built. But yeah, Battlefield is absolutely the best. Never really got why people liked COD compared to these games. It's fun though how BF players can say we've been playing since 1942.

Battlefield-4-System-Hardware-Requirements-600x600.png

Thanks. I must have just missed it because I checked yesterday morning.

BF is pretty much all I play. I've dabbled in a few other titles, but they always leave me lacking.

How long is the campaign ?

How long is the campaign ?

I wouldn't even bother getting a Battlefield game if you're looking at just a campaign. While I personally thought the Battlefield 3 campaign was really good, Battlefield has always been about the multiplayer experience. Large scale vehicular and infantry based combat against people from around the world. Battlefield is one of those games where you will never have the same experience twice, every match is a whole new game.

Craziest things happen in this game as well. Today I was messing around on a map sniping since my team was already dominating, and sniped out a heli pilot and hit his repair man behind him in the head with one shot. Was one of those "Only in Battlefield" moments.

Ha that sounds pretty cool, I use to be really into online games and taking games online, its fun but theres a LOT of jerks when you go into online games. I remember when I rented COD and the campaign was like two hours and at that time I didnt have my PS3 online able. I was p***ED

I'm considering between this and Ghosts for 360.

• Like 1

I'm considering between this and Ghosts for 360.

I really don't mean to sound like a fanboy on this but seriously, go for Battlefield 4. Call of Duty gets it's attention because it's so hyped up in advertisements and is so easy to pick up and play. Battlefield games have HUGE maps, 64 player battles, vehicular combat, and now has even brought back Commander mode. The learning curve is MUCH MORE steep though, it may take you a while to get decent, and even after hundreds of hours of playing some people still can't pilot a helicopter worth a crap.

Another thing I like about Battlefield is, you don't have people running around bragging about their Kill to Death ratio like you do in Battlefield. I have met tons of player who can't pull a 1.0 KDR in a match, but would rather have them on my team than the dude going 22-4 sniping on a hill. Players have coined the abbreviation PTFO (Play the ******* Objective) because of so many people switching from COD to BF. You arm charges, heal your teammates, repair vehicles, capture flags, and you will score much higher than the bum picking people off on the hill 15km from the objective.

Another note on Battlefield 4, they have taken customization to a whole new level. DICE has added so many attachments and camos and such that each weapon will have over 240,000 different variants. If you can tell, I really love this damn game. I'll post a few videos that shows some in-game action of Battlefield 4.

COMMANDER MODE - Either from your Console, PC, Tables, or maybe even a smartphone. You can map out where you want your team to strike, drop vehicles and supplies, or make airstrikes.

Actual Multiplayer Footage

I really don't mean to sound like a fanboy on this but seriously, go for Battlefield 4. Call of Duty gets it's attention because it's so hyped up in advertisements and is so easy to pick up and play. Battlefield games have HUGE maps, 64 player battles, vehicular combat, and now has even brought back Commander mode. The learning curve is MUCH MORE steep though, it may take you a while to get decent, and even after hundreds of hours of playing some people still can't pilot a helicopter worth a crap.

Another thing I like about Battlefield is, you don't have people running around bragging about their Kill to Death ratio like you do in Battlefield. I have met tons of player who can't pull a 1.0 KDR in a match, but would rather have them on my team than the dude going 22-4 sniping on a hill. Players have coined the abbreviation PTFO (Play the ******* Objective) because of so many people switching from COD to BF. You arm charges, heal your teammates, repair vehicles, capture flags, and you will score much higher than the bum picking people off on the hill 15km from the objective.

Another note on Battlefield 4, they have taken customization to a whole new level. DICE has added so many attachments and camos and such that each weapon will have over 240,000 different variants. If you can tell, I really love this damn game. I'll post a few videos that shows some in-game action of Battlefield 4.

COMMANDER MODE - Either from your Console, PC, Tables, or maybe even a smartphone. You can map out where you want your team to strike, drop vehicles and supplies, or make airstrikes.

Actual Multiplayer Footage

[media=]

It looks awesome!

Though I will probably be getting both games since I have friends who play each.

I can tell you love your BF though!

• Like 1

I would only consider getting BF4 if EA got rid of their stupid server system on PC

What do you mean? Using Battlelog?

Damn right I do! And here's a video on the dynamic weather we'll be experiencing!

[media=]

[/media]

So sick.

Are boys on BF as bad as the ones on COD? I guess it's different since I play on Xbox.

• 4 weeks later...

As long as there is more skill required to unlock said items I will purchase it BF3 just gave things away I, if my small pet peeve is phased out I shall be getting in on it's rightful place my 360

Edited by DigitalDreamer

It's ok but has a lot of problems (beta?). Not sure what I think about it because the performance is so bad and the beta maps suck. Less than half the framerate of BF3.

I'll probably still wait for premium edition to come out before I get it. No game is worth 110$ lol. Battlefield 3 and Americas army PG is good for now. Battlefield feels so run&gun and unrealistically fast like COD after playing americas army. I'm prefering the more tactical realistic gameplay of AA but BF is still great.

Edited by AlienDan