Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Charlie Rose interview with Assad on PBS

Jeremiah65

It started at 9:00 pm EST. I am watching it.

I would suggest everyone who is closely watching this situation give it a look.

We can discuss our thoughts later.

• Like 2

Wasn't the FSA the ones cheering when 9/11 happened? If I remember right they were, hope they are crushed, and Obama keeps his nose out of what isn't our country's business.

• Like 2

Well my initial take on the interview was that Assad represented himself extremely well. He did not get upset or lose his composure. There was a couple of times that I thought Charlie Rose was being an A-hole.

From his body language, his tone and demeanor...I gotta say, I don't think the guy is lying. He took some of what I would call low blows from Charlie and handled it well.

All this does is reinforce my position that we do not need to be involved in any of this. I know you might think I am being biased, but I intently watched for the body language indicators of someone off balance or uncomfortable...those indicators just weren't there.

To our Gov....Hands off Syria...this is their fight...Pro FSA or Pro Assad....doesn't matter...not our fight. If we want to help the refugees and the countries that took them in...that is fine...but no weapons, no military support and damn sure no missile or drone strikes.

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 2

Wasn't the FSA the ones cheering when 9/11 happened? If I remember right they were, hope they are crushed, and Obama keeps his nose out of what isn't our country's business.

They might have been. The only one's I remember dancing and handing out sweets were the Palestinians. Sweets they probably bought with US aid via the UN. It looks as though this stumble by Kerry is going to give Obama an excuse to do what he does best - nothing. In this case it might be the correct thing, time will tell. But the chaos won't be improved by it, we just might buy a little more time before we have to deal with this crisis or another that is born from his idiocy.

ETA: I don't mean to try and derail, it's just that I really cannot remember anyone else doing the dance and making the happy sound that day except the Palestinians in Gaza.

Edited by and then

How freaky was it when he said "Expect everything." lol hooooly crap.

Makes me wonder how many anti-war and pro-war Americans they plan on murdering.

They might have been. The only one's I remember dancing and handing out sweets were the Palestinians. Sweets they probably bought with US aid via the UN. It looks as though this stumble by Kerry is going to give Obama an excuse to do what he does best - nothing. In this case it might be the correct thing, time will tell. But the chaos won't be improved by it, we just might buy a little more time before we have to deal with this crisis or another that is born from his idiocy.

ETA: I don't mean to try and derail, it's just that I really cannot remember anyone else doing the dance and making the happy sound that day except the Palestinians in Gaza.

• Like 2

A country fights back after getting attacked. Imagine that. Syria, a sovereign state, has some nerve, defending their citizens when we bomb them. They're supposed to sit there and take it like we would. Seriously, there are no good guys, that can be adequately confirmed, in this civil war. Assad is a tyrant, but the next "devil" may be much worse than the one we know. His replacement could us WMD in the USA and Israel, which the Syrian government seemingly is unwilling to *contemplate* at this time. If we attack them, that could change.

• Like 2

I took his "expect everything" comment to be just that. Not only will Syria defend it's self and most assuredly make offensive measures...but you will have an explosion of the terrorists turning their attention to "the great Satan"...the infidels blaspheming their lands....the violators. I didn't take it as a "threat" as much as a statement of fact.

Bin Laden had the big boner for our "soiling" of their lands...remember that? The factions in this civil war might just hate us enough to stop fighting each other to fight us...

So, yeah....if you attack someone on the street...you should expect anything as a possible retaliation. Is the guy a black belt, does he have a knife or a gun?

• Like 1

Well my initial take on the interview was that Assad represented himself extremely well. He did not get upset or lose his composure. There was a couple of times that I thought Charlie Rose was being an A-hole.

From his body language, his tone and demeanor...I gotta say, I don't think the guy is lying. He took some of what I would call low blows from Charlie and handled it well.

Mind you, I haven't seen the interview yet, but...

Come on Jeremiah, you call Charlie Rose an A-hole because he was throwing 'low blows'? If he didn't ask those questions someone else in this forum would call him an A-hole for lobbing Assad 'softballs' and not asking the tough questions.

The job of an interviewer is sometimes impossible.

Regarding America's possible involvement in Syria, I have no opinion. :)

• Like 2

Come on Jeremiah, you call Charlie Rose an A-hole because he was throwing 'low blows'? If he didn't ask those questions someone else in this forum would call him an A-hole for lobbing Assad 'softballs' and not asking the tough questions.

Waiting for a full version of the interview to be available on youtube..... Cannot access PBS from Canada.

I like Charlie Rose as a political interviewer.... Did a great job interviewing the Prez of Iran a couple times in the past.

• Like 2

Waiting for a full version of the interview to be available on youtube..... Cannot access PBS from Canada.

What? You live in Victoria and I live in the middle of nowhere, at the end of the road, and I got KCTS9. It was on satellite, mind you.

• Like 1

[media=]

[/media]

? One witness reported three guys who did not seem shocked - maybe they were happy. Orthodox Jewry hates the US. Many Jews feel justified in hating Christians. Not sure what this has to do with my statement. I vividly remember Palestinians handing out sweets and dancing - and you feel this incident somehow nullifies the one I mention?

What? You live in Victoria and I live in the middle of nowhere, at the end of the road, and I got KCTS9. It was on satellite, mind you.

lol.... still searching

• Like 1

You're right. If he had not have asked tough questions, we would not have been able to see the personality and compousre as well.

He made a remark about his father and I thought it was in poor form....but hey...just an opinion.

I find it interesting the different perspectives between Rose and Assad, which I think has led to some misunderstanding over some of Assad's replies to Rose's questions.

Assad seems to have a more 'holistic' (broader) perspective - evidenced by how he answers various questions (esp. questions about "repercussions") with an emphasis not just on Syria, but the "region". Assad is more aware of the links between events and consequences.

Rose displays a more typical (imo) American perspective which is entirely focused on "nation". It is not a far-ranging perspective, but quite narrow and specific. Part of that may be due to his attempting to get specific answers to certain questions, of course, but my opinion is that this perspective is endemic to Americans (among others.)

There is a level of disconnect, in my reading of this interview, between Rose's understanding of what Assad is saying, and what Assad actually means. Certainly, this disconnect applies to the broader public comprehension of Assad's speechlets.

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 2

and you feel this incident somehow nullifies the one I mention?

In a word, yes. Are you truly surprised to know that some Palestinians were happy to see the US struck on their own soil given the fact that they have been Israel´s sugar-daddy for so long

Memory is funny like that. I remember the reports of the Israelis dancing more than the Palestinians giving out candy. :rofl:

• Like 1

In a word, yes. Are you truly surprised to know that some Palestinians were happy to see the US struck on their own soil given the fact that they have been Israel´s sugar-daddy for so long

Memory is funny like that. I remember the reports of the Israelis dancing more than the Palestinians giving out candy. :rofl:

I guess it's not surprising. We seem to have different enemies.