Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Humans have stopped evolving

Still Waters

We have invented currency, something which many believe is more important than looks.

''tell me Debbie.., what first attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels....?''

-Mrs Merton to Debbie McGee-

• Like 1

I think evolution continues. I know this is one of the most disgusting and idiotic things i've ever heard > ""What a frightening prospect - the underclass surviving to breed us all into mediocrity. Fortunately the problem is self correcting. Soon after the real people who produce things to pay taxes to keep these individuals on the benefits they need to stay alive cease to exist the underclass will very rapidly die out and the

rocess can start all over again."

If the under class dies off so will the other class. Seeing as the under class does the jobs no one else wants to. Just like which career is most important in a hospital the doctor or house keeper?

Stopped evolving? There's plenty of people I know who have yet to start!

Yeeehhhaaa, Good one E, I presume you mean that some have to start growing brain cells and start talking out of their mouths ,as properly evolved humans do.
  • Like 1

David Attenborough has a new series coming out?!

Damn! I just GOTTA buy me a TV!!

That is not quite enough incentive for me, lol.

Sorry but I think you've lost it.

I have lost nothing. The excamos have lived long enough in the north to have started growing more fur. Their bodies. They haven't. Only one group has a modified body the natives of the andies. They have a slightly larger lug capcity.

But, after two weeks they no longer have an advntage over us in that thin air.

There are now several hundred fossils described of pre-humans. You are just deliberately ignorant out of religion. I think even the Mormon scholars hedge on this one, but of course not the rank and file.

I have lost nothing. The excamos have lived long enough in the north to have started growing more fur. Their bodies. They haven't. Only one group has a modified body the natives of the andies. They have a slightly larger lug capcity.

But, after two weeks they no longer have an advntage over us in that thin air.

So, human evolution is disproved by the fact that eskimos don't have fur.

The fact that even the most rabid of creatonists hasn't come up with that one should tell you something.

Or, have they?

Addition:

Daniel's not alone in asking this question. This was one of the better replies I found to another ignorant creationist:

You're kidding I hope?? Evolution is not Burger King -- you don't get it your way. There is no driving intelligence behind it that suddenly says "Oh see there's a need over here for something, let's whip up a new species." Evolution doesn't happen on demand, simply because there's an adaptational need. I would suggest actually learning what evolution is and how it works before jumping into the big kids pool on the subject.

Edited by Arbenol68
  • Like 2

Ahhhh...well ok then, how about saying 'Mutations' instead of evolution....isnt that what all the kerfuffle is about ...( regrets losing a perfectly good spanner...) but most are missing his point...if were are not evolving then we must be devolving (Muahahaha....)

Ahhhh...well ok then, how about saying 'Mutations' instead of evolution

How about not? We all have mutations.

Yes, we all have mutations. Do you know what happens if a baby chick is born that is different fromthe others, the others kill it. Or so my grandma told me so.

Yes, we all have mutations. Do you know what happens if a baby chick is born that is different fromthe others, the others kill it. Or so my grandma told me so.

Most of us have slight DNA mutations, I know cause I do, I was part of the Genome project. Our little mutations mean we are still evolving. Animals kill the babies they know are deformed, disabled or very ill.....luckily we have evolved and don't need to do that anymore.

Ask any geneticist.

Arrbonal I have already proven that I know what evolution is. I stand by what I said. If a neanderthal was brought to oujr time I would venture itf would take him six months and you wouldn't be ab le to tell.

Neanderthals and man were seperatedd by' a hundred tthousand years. Yet wes have the same voice box. As I said man does not aznd has not evolvedphyssically. We have eevolved mentally.

Edited by danielost

I'm sorry but everything you say about evolution says you are extremely ignorant about it. You do not learn about evolution by reading creationist propaganda.

Arrbonal I have already proven that I know what evolution is. I stand by what I said. If a neanderthal was brought to oujr time I would venture itf would take him six months and you wouldn't be ab le to tell.

People would wonder where the hell he came from and babies would cry. This is our closest cousin. Go a little further back in time and the difference become even more notable.

Arrbonal

I presume you mean me.

I have already proven that I know what evolution is.

Every one of your posts on the topic proves otherwise. Stating that eskimos' lack of fur disproves evolution illustrates that.

I'd recommend that you read a book about the subject. I mean one written by a biologist, not a creationist. Once you understand what the theory actually says, then you can dispense with strawman arguments and start to engage more meaningfully on the topic. Just a thought.

• Like 1

can i say somethin on this issue? if people aint not evolvin none, then how iz we gettin smarter with each jinerashun? my great gran pappy told me he never not heard of no calculus nor no aljibruh. and his pappys pappy aint never heard uh no addishun nor no minus tables. aint it not true that intelligence = fit, and the more smart ya iz, the more fit ya iz? dag nabbit

• Like 1

can i say somethin on this issue? if people aint not evolvin none, then how iz we gettin smarter with each jinerashun? my great gran pappy told me he never not heard of no calculus nor no aljibruh. and his pappys pappy aint never heard uh no addishun nor no minus tables. aint it not true that intelligence = fit, and the more smart ya iz, the more fit ya iz? dag nabbit

If we're getting smarter, how come you can't spell or use grammar properly?

Well, the paleontological record shows that dominant species don't evolve that much anymore, the shark, for example, has hardly evolved in a few million years. And the reason is quire simple: It does not need to adapt to a new ecological niche. It is dominant in its own.

If we're getting smarter, how come you can't spell or use grammar properly?

I think its an attempt to say that creationists are stupid or at least uneducated. At least that's the way I took it, and was underwhelmed.

Well, the paleontological record shows that dominant species don't evolve that much anymore, the shark, for example, has hardly evolved in a few million years. And the reason is quire simple: It does not need to adapt to a new ecological niche. It is dominant in its own.

This is a good point, and probably we fall into that category too. That doesn't mean that humans won't evolve, but that such a large interbreeding population won't change much except on the edges (where fossils are less likely because of smaller populations).

Evolution hasn't stopped at all, humans haven't gained control over the process we've only had a hundred years of modern technology, less than a hundred years knowledge of DNA and less than a hundred years of birth control. Given that there hasn't been enough time to bring evolution under any real control aside from minor adjustments here and there. One pandemic on the order of the Spanish flu (or worse) could knock all of human society back to the dark ages in a matter of months. I don't see where our grasp of evolution is so much in our control as much as we like to think.

The point is not that evolution is under our control but that large interbreeding populations tend to stay unchanged for considerable periods of time.

Humans are evolving mentally,and physically, but some don't use their brains,and some let their body's become physical wrecks, end of debate.

• 4 weeks later...